Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

captainkidd

I can't believe at this point, the ride will be closing. Major attraction or not, I doubt Disney would give less than a week's notice for a closure on anything.

Very relieved. LWTL is one of those attractions that I just love about Epcot. Can't explain what exactly, but I do love it.

EPCOT Explorer

I can't believe at this point, the ride will be closing. Major attraction or not, I doubt Disney would give less than a week's notice for a closure on anything.

Very relieved. LWTL is one of those attractions that I just love about Epcot. Can't explain what exactly, but I do love it.

I would be pretty shocked if the ride was down come Aug 3 and we get a update.:lol:

I'm happy too....Love LWTL..Very much a part of classic EPCOT.

Figment632

Just got off the phone yet again and they have nothing about this in thier refurb system. I am about 99% sure that this is false and like I said before the ride doesnt have to shut down at all for new boats.

Wakkie Nu Nu

Also just spoke w/ WDW again (for what it's worth), and was again assured there were no operational updates with LWTL throughout August.

Despite WDW's history for inaccurate phone info, I can't imagine they'd start anything before September at this point. A month out would be reasonable notice, I suppose. That, combined with no FIRM confirmation from any of the usual suspects leads me to believe we're open through at least August.

EPCOT Explorer

Also just spoke w/ WDW again (for what it's worth), and was again assured there were no operational updates with LWTL throughout August.

Despite WDW's history for inaccurate phone info, I can't imagine they'd start anything before September at this point. A month out would be reasonable notice, I suppose. That, combined with no FIRM confirmation from any of the usual suspects leads me to believe we're open through at least August.

Just got off the phone yet again and they have nothing about this in thier refurb system. I am about 99% sure that this is false and like I said before the ride doesnt have to shut down at all for new boats.
Good news!:D:sohappy:

Thanks, guys!

ms7479a

I can officially confirm that Living with the Land will be closed for refurbishment beginning tomorrow. Cast members have been told that the ride will be closed until the fall.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Very strange. It is indeed now closed, and yet there is no real information from Disney on it. The cast of Epcot have however been informed, and as stated above, just with the vague reopen of fall.

Wakkie Nu Nu

what a bizarre and disappointing turn of events.

I won't dispute there's always reason to be happy/excited when an attraction goes down for refurb, and I won't argue that it gets a bit tiresome (if understandable) when people flip out because their favorite ride will be closed for their trip -- but this was handled VERY questionably. Up to the day before closing, WDW Guest Relations is telling guests over the phone and in person that LwtL is absolutely NOT closing anytime in August or the foreseeable future, it's not on any calendar, any operations schedule - and now this... no details, no public plan, no nothing. And it is NOT a case of a sudden dire need for maintenance, as the rumors kicked up 14 pages ago were clearly correct. I'm highly, highly disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom