Livin' the Dream (An August/September 2011 PTR)

Hey, my lovelies - it’s time for another long-winded pre-trip report from yours truly. What could be better?

The summer is racing by in Cape Breton, NS and we’re 50 days out from our upcoming Disney vacation. Who’s “we”? The cast is switched up from my May 2010 trip report ((sad, I know - we were pretty sweet)) – but the girls have been traded for a tried and true cast that has many magical moments under their belts: the fam.

263852_2054029324750_1665060024_1990786_3623731_n.jpg

Just a little recent Canada Day shot.. cuties, amirite?

THE CAST

184607_10150424189035107_544030106_17497994_1244580_n.jpg

'Cause we are sistas, we stick togethaaaa...

Me, Kenzie (21): going into my fourth year at Mount A, Psychology major with minors in French and Sociology. Hobbies include golf, teaching swimming lessons, and loving shoes. Last trip was the aforementioned girls trip last May.

The sister, Carly (17): the youngest, and grade 12-to-be. C is ballin’ (and a volleyballa). Last trip: March 2010 with our extended family and family friends.

IMG_2028.jpg

Lovebirds - 29 years later!

Mom and Dadder (would probably prefer their ages remain anonymous): both work full time, and are busy bees. Last trip: November 2010 Disney and Disney Magic combination trip – they go without us ALL THE TIME (in fact, planning on going back in November).

THE STORY

Carly and I found out about this trip at Christmas. Ever since the Disney Dream became a reality, we’ve been pushing for a family cruise (naturally, who wouldn’t?). Mom and Dad continued to say “no, no, no – don’t be so foolish” – meanwhile, it’s almost Christmas, my dear momma keeps bringing up that it will be a quieter Christmas, not a ton of gifts – which is not an issue, we’re older and my education is pretty much all I deserve for presents, haha.

Christmas morning, we’re up with the best of ‘em, hanging out and feeling very familial. Dadder passed me a box that was for Carly and I, which isn’t unusual – last year we sponsored a little girl from Ghana, so we thought it would be something similar.. until we opened it and saw:

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

(Mom thinks she’s so clever, with “livin’ the dream”)

Cue excitement, hugs, tears, and details.
165777_1659714267120_1665060024_1488930_3582883_n.jpg

THE BACKGROUND

We've been on a few cruises as a fam, but as you can see, they were awhile ago..
IMG_3376.jpg

My parents booked the Dream when they were on their cruise in November, and at the time, there were no inside staterooms left – that’s how we usually cruise, as we don’t spend a lot of time in the room. This time, however, we’re movin’ on up in the world – a Category 5 stateroom. Pretty excited to be able to chill outside and paint my nails before dinner!

The condition to this whole thing is that Carly and I are responsible for a couple things – food and park tickets. Pretty reasonable, and we definitely don’t mind contributing since it was a trip we didn’t think would happen.

THE PLAN

We fly out August 26 from YHZ to YYZ, and then travel on, landing in MCO around 1. Carly and I are going to have a quick rest, shower, and get ready to go to MK. We’ve got reservations at Cinderella’s Royal Table at 5:45PM. It’s a first for us, which makes the outrageous price tag worth it – considering we’re not really “about” food (blasphemy). Luckily, MK is open until 1AM so we’re set for the evening – hit our favourites, watch Wishes, and love our lives. Mom and Dad don’t know if they’re coming to MK yet, but they’re not coming to sups.

Up bright and early for the family favourite, Hollywood Studios. EMH start at 8AM, so C and I will have little sleep, but it’ll be worth it for my one true love: the Tower of Terror. Carly and I are treating at the 50s Prime Time Café, our parents’ 28th wedding anniversary is the 4th of September, and that’s what they wanted as a gift (so as not to miss any dining rotations on the cruise). Originally, HS was only open until 7PM – a bummer, because Fantasmic! is a dead die for Wishes for me – but the park calendar was updated and now my lovely Hollywood is open until 9PM, with Fant! Joyous day.

Good morning, August 28TH, and hellooooo Disney Dream. Cannot wait for the amazingness that seems to be the Dream (as seen in TRs delivered by Holly, Tammy, and many others). We board the Thursday and disembark September 1. We’re booked in for the 8PM seating, and can’t wait for Castaway – likely going to die of heat, but happily.

Staying one more night at Disney following the cruise, but we’ll likely just outlet shop and perhaps hit Downtown Disney. Our family friends recently booked a trip to Disney, and will be there at this time – they actually land the day we leave on the Dream – so we might try to catch up with the Araujos!

9332_1159828490288_1665060024_389740_6725864_n.jpg

Our last fam trip - August 2009

Every time we plan a family trip (the last full crew one was in August 2009) Mom says that it “probably will be our last one as a family”. We always kind of roll our eyes, but this could be our last for awhile, with Carly heading to university next year and me finishing my Bachelor’s degree – who knows where we’ll be. So we’ll be making this one count – keep an eye out for the trip report in September!

222314_1857558853111_1665060024_1809270_8229906_n.jpg

See y'all in September!

foreverbelle

Wahoo how awesome of a Christmas surprise!!! And I can't wait to hear all about the cruise! I so want to go on one, trying to convince the hubs, all these wonderful reports are helping me convince him that much more!!

Dif try to enjoy the time as a family, you are right with everyone going everywhere its hard to do that once things get going. We did ours for the first time last summer and I already miss it.

Looking forward to it!

HollyBelle

ZOMG!!!!!!! Could I be more excited?! I think not. And could the Christmas morning surprise be any cuter!? Absolutely not. I heart your family already and this is only the pre-trip report. Bring it, my lovely! :sohappy:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sounds fun! :king:

Morgan and I arrive on the 27th, but it's unlikely we'll get a chance to meet... :(

We have ADRs at Le Cellier that night, so we'll be in EPCOT while you're at DHS. Unless you're staying at Port Orleans Riverside we likely won't see each other even in passing. Oh well, maybe next time... :animwink:

Sounds like your parents are doing for you what I hope to do for Morgan, paying for your education. Best gift a parent can give their children [after loving them] is to allow them to graduate debt-free!

HouCuseChickie

Looks like an AWESOME trip!!! And what a great Christmas surprise!!! Can't wait to see the trip report - LOVE all the family details!!! :wave:

diddy_mouse

Okay..you all are so adorable! I can only imagine how amazing this is going to be for you guys. Major props to your parents for the Christmas surprise, that's definitely the way to do it!

You will be sailing the waves on my birthday (Aug 29th) and I couldn't be more jealous. :lol:

Soooo looking forward to this trip report!! :wave:

PolynesianPrincess

No greater way to find out your going on a cruise than Christmas morning!! I would have cried, too!! (I cry over sad things, happy things, silly things, etc.. lol)

Can't wait for the TR!! :sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

That's a really awesome Christmas present! And like everyone else here said I give props to your parents!

And if you can, I know you're still in school but try looking for places to work now If you can, I just graduated from college this past May and its tough looking for jobs :( but then again not sure if its easier over there in Canada than here in the US

meeskamickey

Great pre-trip report! What an awesome Christmas present! Can't wait to read your trip report...I'm already assuming you'll be doing one. :animwink:

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Wahoo how awesome of a Christmas surprise!!! And I can't wait to hear all about the cruise! I so want to go on one, trying to convince the hubs, all these wonderful reports are helping me convince him that much more!!

Dif try to enjoy the time as a family, you are right with everyone going everywhere its hard to do that once things get going. We did ours for the first time last summer and I already miss it.

Looking forward to it!

Definitely try a cruise! They're so much fun, I was on the Wonder last May and the land/sea trips really are the funnest - go hard for the first week at Disney, and then cruuiiiiise the time away!

ZOMG!!!!!!! Could I be more excited?! I think not. And could the Christmas morning surprise be any cuter!? Absolutely not. I heart your family already and this is only the pre-trip report. Bring it, my lovely! :sohappy:

ZOMGGG I hope I can deliver like you do, loooverrrr.

Mom and Dad are allllll about surprises, and magically good times. I'm so looking forward to this trip because we just travel "right good" together, like a good little Dis fam should. (L)

Sounds fun! :king:

Morgan and I arrive on the 27th, but it's unlikely we'll get a chance to meet... :(

We have ADRs at Le Cellier that night, so we'll be in EPCOT while you're at DHS. Unless you're staying at Port Orleans Riverside we likely won't see each other even in passing. Oh well, maybe next time... :animwink:

Sounds like your parents are doing for you what I hope to do for Morgan, paying for your education. Best gift a parent can give their children [after loving them] is to allow them to graduate debt-free!

Laaaame, but I'm glad you guys are heading again! We Canadian's gotta keep the mouse happy! We're staying at Movies, I think, so not likely that we'll run into each other.

My parents ARE paying for my undergraduate degree - you don't realize how fortunate you are until you get to school and every second person has student loan paperwork to fill out, and you're just kind of living the dream. I seriously owe my parents so, so much - it's one major stressor in my life that I haven't had to worry about.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Looks like an AWESOME trip!!! And what a great Christmas surprise!!! Can't wait to see the trip report - LOVE all the family details!!! :wave:

Aw, thanks! Family details are my fav - we're a good time together!

Okay..you all are so adorable! I can only imagine how amazing this is going to be for you guys. Major props to your parents for the Christmas surprise, that's definitely the way to do it!

You will be sailing the waves on my birthday (Aug 29th) and I couldn't be more jealous. :lol:

Soooo looking forward to this trip report!! :wave:

Aw, happy early birthday! I'll make sure I have an extra-magical day for ya =)

No greater way to find out your going on a cruise than Christmas morning!! I would have cried, too!! (I cry over sad things, happy things, silly things, etc.. lol)

Can't wait for the TR!! :sohappy:

I cry ALL THE TIME - and everything at Disney makes me cry. Wishes, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic when Mickey arrives on the scene.. I'm just a disasterzone all the time! I get it honestly, though, Momma cries when she hears Silent Night at Christmastime..

Hope I can deliver a good one! =)

tiaragirl

Original Poster
That's a really awesome Christmas present! And like everyone else here said I give props to your parents!

And if you can, I know you're still in school but try looking for places to work now If you can, I just graduated from college this past May and its tough looking for jobs :( but then again not sure if its easier over there in Canada than here in the US

SUCH an amazing Christmas surprise, they did a great job with it too!

It's so hard to think about what happens after next year - I'm a Psyc major, so it's pretty unlikely that I'll be able to secure a job with just my BA. I'm looking at School Psychology as a career, but that could be anywhere between 2-4 more years, and I'm not POSITIVE that's what I want.. so stressful! What are you doing that you can't find work? =(

Great pre-trip report! What an awesome Christmas present! Can't wait to read your trip report...I'm already assuming you'll be doing one. :animwink:

Absolutely for the TR, I love writing about Disney.. it's a quality time =) I'll be heading back to school almost immediately after we get back, though, and spending some quality time with the roomies and boyfriend, but it'll be started by the 10th for sure!

Great pre-TR! I can't wait to hear how the cruise goes (I'm going on a cruise myself, but not until Feb. I can't wait!).

Yay for cruises! Which one are you going on? They're such a good time - food, shows, and dress-up - some of my favourite things!

plaz10

YES i am so freakin' excited for this TR. You always do Disney with style! Plus I'm planning to use your TR (in addition to Holly's) to lure the fiance to a Disney cruise in the near future (honeymoon, perhaps?). You guys are going to have a blast!

PartOfYourWorld

SUCH an amazing Christmas surprise, they did a great job with it too!

It's so hard to think about what happens after next year - I'm a Psyc major, so it's pretty unlikely that I'll be able to secure a job with just my BA. I'm looking at School Psychology as a career, but that could be anywhere between 2-4 more years, and I'm not POSITIVE that's what I want.. so stressful! What are you doing that you can't find work? =(

Wow thats alot more years of school. I had the option of continuing for my master's in Engineering but I just couldn't deal with any more school :lol: But for right now I do have a job to bring in some $$ at a hot dog stand so I mean its better than completely nothing. Just hoping a nice engineering job comes my way soon.

And I know you'll make the right decision about what you want to do :)

Disneyfalcon

The most awesome Christmas present ever!! :sohappy:

I will be getting to WDW on the 28th!! But you'll be sailing away that day in the lap of luxury. :D

Your Canada Day sign cracked me up! That's our wedding anniversary. Dh always tells our kids if they forget when our anniversary is - it's Canada Day!! Like that helps them remember.:lol:

angieandtrevor

Hey there fellow Caper, I love your report already. What a great surprise from your parents....good job on them :) I look forward to reading more and hearing about your cruise. Our son is turning 1 at the end of the month and I am trying desperately to convince my hubby that we need to take him on a Disney cruise. We did a 2 week cruise on Carnival in January however we have never done a Disney cruise which I think is a must and what little boy wouldn't love it !!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom