Livin' the Dream (An August/September 2011 PTR)

Hey, my lovelies - it’s time for another long-winded pre-trip report from yours truly. What could be better?

The summer is racing by in Cape Breton, NS and we’re 50 days out from our upcoming Disney vacation. Who’s “we”? The cast is switched up from my May 2010 trip report ((sad, I know - we were pretty sweet)) – but the girls have been traded for a tried and true cast that has many magical moments under their belts: the fam.

263852_2054029324750_1665060024_1990786_3623731_n.jpg

Just a little recent Canada Day shot.. cuties, amirite?

THE CAST

184607_10150424189035107_544030106_17497994_1244580_n.jpg

'Cause we are sistas, we stick togethaaaa...

Me, Kenzie (21): going into my fourth year at Mount A, Psychology major with minors in French and Sociology. Hobbies include golf, teaching swimming lessons, and loving shoes. Last trip was the aforementioned girls trip last May.

The sister, Carly (17): the youngest, and grade 12-to-be. C is ballin’ (and a volleyballa). Last trip: March 2010 with our extended family and family friends.

IMG_2028.jpg

Lovebirds - 29 years later!

Mom and Dadder (would probably prefer their ages remain anonymous): both work full time, and are busy bees. Last trip: November 2010 Disney and Disney Magic combination trip – they go without us ALL THE TIME (in fact, planning on going back in November).

THE STORY

Carly and I found out about this trip at Christmas. Ever since the Disney Dream became a reality, we’ve been pushing for a family cruise (naturally, who wouldn’t?). Mom and Dad continued to say “no, no, no – don’t be so foolish” – meanwhile, it’s almost Christmas, my dear momma keeps bringing up that it will be a quieter Christmas, not a ton of gifts – which is not an issue, we’re older and my education is pretty much all I deserve for presents, haha.

Christmas morning, we’re up with the best of ‘em, hanging out and feeling very familial. Dadder passed me a box that was for Carly and I, which isn’t unusual – last year we sponsored a little girl from Ghana, so we thought it would be something similar.. until we opened it and saw:

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

(Mom thinks she’s so clever, with “livin’ the dream”)

Cue excitement, hugs, tears, and details.
165777_1659714267120_1665060024_1488930_3582883_n.jpg

THE BACKGROUND

We've been on a few cruises as a fam, but as you can see, they were awhile ago..
IMG_3376.jpg

My parents booked the Dream when they were on their cruise in November, and at the time, there were no inside staterooms left – that’s how we usually cruise, as we don’t spend a lot of time in the room. This time, however, we’re movin’ on up in the world – a Category 5 stateroom. Pretty excited to be able to chill outside and paint my nails before dinner!

The condition to this whole thing is that Carly and I are responsible for a couple things – food and park tickets. Pretty reasonable, and we definitely don’t mind contributing since it was a trip we didn’t think would happen.

THE PLAN

We fly out August 26 from YHZ to YYZ, and then travel on, landing in MCO around 1. Carly and I are going to have a quick rest, shower, and get ready to go to MK. We’ve got reservations at Cinderella’s Royal Table at 5:45PM. It’s a first for us, which makes the outrageous price tag worth it – considering we’re not really “about” food (blasphemy). Luckily, MK is open until 1AM so we’re set for the evening – hit our favourites, watch Wishes, and love our lives. Mom and Dad don’t know if they’re coming to MK yet, but they’re not coming to sups.

Up bright and early for the family favourite, Hollywood Studios. EMH start at 8AM, so C and I will have little sleep, but it’ll be worth it for my one true love: the Tower of Terror. Carly and I are treating at the 50s Prime Time Café, our parents’ 28th wedding anniversary is the 4th of September, and that’s what they wanted as a gift (so as not to miss any dining rotations on the cruise). Originally, HS was only open until 7PM – a bummer, because Fantasmic! is a dead die for Wishes for me – but the park calendar was updated and now my lovely Hollywood is open until 9PM, with Fant! Joyous day.

Good morning, August 28TH, and hellooooo Disney Dream. Cannot wait for the amazingness that seems to be the Dream (as seen in TRs delivered by Holly, Tammy, and many others). We board the Thursday and disembark September 1. We’re booked in for the 8PM seating, and can’t wait for Castaway – likely going to die of heat, but happily.

Staying one more night at Disney following the cruise, but we’ll likely just outlet shop and perhaps hit Downtown Disney. Our family friends recently booked a trip to Disney, and will be there at this time – they actually land the day we leave on the Dream – so we might try to catch up with the Araujos!

9332_1159828490288_1665060024_389740_6725864_n.jpg

Our last fam trip - August 2009

Every time we plan a family trip (the last full crew one was in August 2009) Mom says that it “probably will be our last one as a family”. We always kind of roll our eyes, but this could be our last for awhile, with Carly heading to university next year and me finishing my Bachelor’s degree – who knows where we’ll be. So we’ll be making this one count – keep an eye out for the trip report in September!

222314_1857558853111_1665060024_1809270_8229906_n.jpg

See y'all in September!

Bri1121

What an awesome Christmas surprise!! I did that a few years ago for Christmas. My husband didn't even know!! I couldn't wait to give it to them!!

You guys are so cute!! I hope you have an awesome time and have many more family vacations!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
you're gonna love that i'm posting here heehehee..

TAKE ME IN YOUR SUITCASE PLEASE <3

A POST? I feel so specialll.

I'll be Vitting it up for you guys, you knooowww ittt..

The most awesome Christmas present ever!! :sohappy:

I will be getting to WDW on the 28th!! But you'll be sailing away that day in the lap of luxury. :D

Your Canada Day sign cracked me up! That's our wedding anniversary. Dh always tells our kids if they forget when our anniversary is - it's Canada Day!! Like that helps them remember.:lol:

Yesss, my parents are all about the Disney love and presents (thank goodness!).

Wheeeee, you'll be arriving as I leave! Anyone going with? (AKA another TR?!)

Ohhhhh Caaaanadaaaa.. I work as "heritage interpretation" in the summer for Parks Canada, and judging by the number of American visitors that didn't know it was Canada day that day until they saw our cake.. I'd say the date won't mean much to the kids! Hahhaa, but happy belated anniversary <3

Hey there fellow Caper, I love your report already. What a great surprise from your parents....good job on them :) I look forward to reading more and hearing about your cruise. Our son is turning 1 at the end of the month and I am trying desperately to convince my hubby that we need to take him on a Disney cruise. We did a 2 week cruise on Carnival in January however we have never done a Disney cruise which I think is a must and what little boy wouldn't love it !!!!

Fellow Caper!? From where? =)

Definitely a "do" with kids! So much to seee, so much fun to be had.. I love Disney cruises.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
We will be in Disney when you guys are sailing on the Dream! I still have to wait all the way till April to sail!

Awesome! It's a great time to travel.. usually it's not too busy down there at the end of August - I cannot wait!

April isn't that far away.. it'll come before you know it (I sound soo old when I say things like that, but it's hard to believe we have less than 40 days to go until we're there!).

What an awesome Christmas surprise!! I did that a few years ago for Christmas. My husband didn't even know!! I couldn't wait to give it to them!!

You guys are so cute!! I hope you have an awesome time and have many more family vacations!

WHOA! You're an amazing secret keeper if your hubby didn't even know.. that definitely deserves props!

angieandtrevor

Fellow Caper!? From where? =)

Definitely a "do" with kids! So much to seee, so much fun to be had.. I love Disney cruises.

I am actually from River Bourgeois (just outside of St. Peters) but I have been living in Bedford since I graduated from STFX.

A few months back I ordered a Disney Cruiseline video and it arrived yesterday.....I think it is a sign :)

tiaragirl

Original Poster
I am actually from River Bourgeois (just outside of St. Peters) but I have been living in Bedford since I graduated from STFX.

A few months back I ordered a Disney Cruiseline video and it arrived yesterday.....I think it is a sign :)

ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! That's nuts, I'm from Hawkesbury! Such a small world.

STFX? Booo, c'mon now.. ;)

Those Cruise Line videos are addictive.. be careful. I love mine, when we went on our girls trip last May I forced it on everyone - we had some solid times watching those clips.

Sarabell

I´m so jealous!! (in a good way though)

If my mom decided to surprise me and my sister with something like that for christmas, we would probably die of a heart attack, so I guess my mom not being the kind to surprise us with anything (other than some zebra printed boxes she got me one day out of the blue) works out for the best.

I think nothing beats a family trip, seriously, everyone is always so focused in their own lives that being able to spend a few days together away from work, school and the other every day stuff really brings you closer. I hope you have the best trip (how could you not if you´ll be on the Disney Dream?)

Enjoy and share with us in the form of a juicy trip report!:wave:

NewfieFan

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited for you!!! Say hi to the Dream for me! :lol:
We'll miss each other... I don't show up until Sept. 14th! :(

Will be looking forward to this TR...

tiaragirl

Original Poster
I´m so jealous!! (in a good way though)

If my mom decided to surprise me and my sister with something like that for christmas, we would probably die of a heart attack, so I guess my mom not being the kind to surprise us with anything (other than some zebra printed boxes she got me one day out of the blue) works out for the best.

I think nothing beats a family trip, seriously, everyone is always so focused in their own lives that being able to spend a few days together away from work, school and the other every day stuff really brings you closer. I hope you have the best trip (how could you not if you´ll be on the Disney Dream?)

Enjoy and share with us in the form of a juicy trip report!:wave:

Hey, I'd be happy with zebra printed boxes - they sound sweet! But admittedly, a Disney trip is marginally better.. depending on the size of the boxes ;)

It'll be really good to have a "relaxing" (our parks days will be anything but) family vacation. My grandmother (95 years old, hollllla) has been down for the last couple of weeks and is staying at our cottage, which is out of town about 25 minutes.. so we're hardly ever all together, because Mom and Dad both work full time, I have a full time summer job, and Carls is usually out there with her. So, fam times will be awesome!

Sooo jealous!! I wish I woke up to that Christmas morning!

I know, it was incredible! We cried, magical times.

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited for you!!! Say hi to the Dream for me! :lol:
We'll miss each other... I don't show up until Sept. 14th! :(

Will be looking forward to this TR...

I'll say hi to the Dream for everyone.. it's going to be awesome!

I'm glad you're going the 14th, you better write a TR =) I enjoy them.
I work at a Canal here in Cape Breton, and tons of the sailboats that we see are headed to NL.. maybe I'll hop on one and come visit instead of meeting you with Mickey! Hahha

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Heading to the airport in less than 12 hours!

Sadly, I didn't sleep last night due to a brutal toothache and have a dentist appointment in an hour hopefully to remedy.. otherwise, the dream will be a sore one.

Loves!

bmarkelon

Very exciting and fun PTR! You girls are adorable!! I am really looking forward to your TR too....we definitely plan on trying a cruise one of these days, definitely a land and sea trip for us in a couple years.

I love the Christmas surprise too, how exciting!! Hopefully I can pull that off with the kids too, I just get so wrapped up and consumed in our trip planning I don't think I'm capable of keeping a Disney secret.

Hope your tooth feels better! Have a magical trip! :sohappy::wave:

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Can't wait for the TR. I always say the same thing as your mother and my kids roll their eyes at me too. LOL

Well, come on now.. there's no such thing as a "last" family trip. As long as we're a family, we'll be Disney tripping, I'm sure of it!

Very exciting and fun PTR! You girls are adorable!! I am really looking forward to your TR too....we definitely plan on trying a cruise one of these days, definitely a land and sea trip for us in a couple years.

I love the Christmas surprise too, how exciting!! Hopefully I can pull that off with the kids too, I just get so wrapped up and consumed in our trip planning I don't think I'm capable of keeping a Disney secret.

Hope your tooth feels better! Have a magical trip! :sohappy::wave:

Aw, thanks :)

I really encourage trying land and sea! The cruises are so much fun, and a different kind of Disney while still feeling the magic. Relaxed, but you can be busy as a bee if you choose! And re: Christmas surprise? Do it. Of course, Mom and Dad only needed to keep it a secret for a month, so maybe the trick is planning it as close to Christmas as possible!

Tooth is improved.. no thanks to the dentist. Sigh! Oh well, Mickey, here I come!

I hope the dentist has some magic for your tooth.

Have a great trip!

No magic from the doc, unless the magic comes in the form of regular Tylenol. Sigh. I need to get my wisdom teeth out "immediately" as I have a cavity in my lower right side, which is close to pressing on a nerve. Thus, I am not allowed "sweets" and "especially pop" until I get them out - which will likely be the week after I get back, and three days before university classes start.

SHOOOOOT.

Also, HELLO - I can't not eat sweets, I'm going to Disney.. clearly just going to need to carry around toothpaste and a collapsable toothbrush to do some quick cleaning after amazing cruise desserts. Seriously, wisdom teeth, do you not understand that Mickey Ears are calling?

Disneyfalcon

Have a great time!! :)

We are going a day early now, thanks to Irene!! I don't even know where we are staying yet, but I'll look for you!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Have a great time!! :)

We are going a day early now, thanks to Irene!! I don't even know where we are staying yet, but I'll look for you!

Bad about Irene, but maybe I'll see you! MK today and Hollywood tomorrow, and likely Downtown Disney next Thursday night. Feel free to say hi, it would probably make my day!

Teeth are a little better this morning, PS.

Have a wonderful time!! :wave: I look forward to your report when you get back! :D

I look forward to writing it - but now it's time to liiiive it!

harveyt0206

I am so far behind on my trip report reading, but I am glad I caught your PTR before you actually get back from your trip. :ROFLOL: Sounds like an amazing trip is planned with your family. Looking forward to the post trip report.

mamamouse

GIRLFRANNNNNN September can't come fast enough i'll be there the 29th YAY ,happy to see ur doing another report go team Canada!!! WOOT WOOT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom