Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Tha Realest

5 movies since her “comments”. Her original “comments” that everyone focused on were before the Hunger Games and Shazam movies even released, they were technically from D23 in 2022.

Plus as @lazyboy97o rightfully stated, she is starring on Broadway right now.
No new projects since her “comments,” and in fact lost Paddington 3.

When’s her next film after Snow White?

Chi84

Premium Member
The cyclical aggressive commentary on all these actresses is obsessive and becoming a pattern. Let it go everyone.
I don’t even remember what started all this aggressive nonsense. I do remember it was just a few posters on this forum who couldn’t handle a remake of Snow White and are insisting Zegler’s career is over - all evidence to the contrary.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No new projects since her “comments,” and in fact lost Paddington 3.

When’s her next film after Snow White?

It's hard to shoot a film and star on Broadway at the same time...

1719694936588.png

You try it and let us know how it's going for ya.

Tha Realest

It's hard to shoot a film and star on Broadway at the same time...

View attachment 795493

You try it and let us know how it's going for ya.
I’m not an actor or lauded as the next big thing.

R+J is a limited 16 week engagement. So her next six months are spoken for. Plenty of films are announced or in preproduction that aren’t going to start filming until 2025 (her run goes through early January). Another Hunger Games film was one of them, with a release date set for 2026 - but she was conspicuously absent from any announcement.

I ask again- what is her next announced film or TV project?

BrianLo

Another Hunger Games film was one of them, with a release date set for 2026 - but she was conspicuously absent from any announcement.

It takes place 40 years later from an unreleased book about Haymitch. There's no suspicion her character would be present.

I guess feel free to circle us back in if she's actually out of work by the time this film releases. But she just finished it and has work for the next 6 months (including rehearsals). So I don't think she's starving.

Again, this obsession over every young actress in a Disney film is patterned behaviour.

Tha Realest

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. There was a scheduling conflict due to the strikes, they continued production without her because of that not because she was throw out due to her comments. You're trying to make an insinuation without any basis of proof.
Did they do away with the role all together? Did a non-SAG actor replace them?

Vegas Disney Fan

This was in my MSN news feed this morning… they’re reporting a $330 million budget after reshoots, that can’t be accurate can it?

Using the 2.5 break even that would be $800 million + just to break even, I know Disney is pretty carefree with the movie budgets but that would be insane.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This was in my MSN news feed this morning… they’re reporting a $330 million budget after reshoots, that can’t be accurate can it?

Using the 2.5 break even that would be $800 million + just to break even, I know Disney is pretty carefree with the movie budgets but that would be insane.
I would take that with a huge truck load of salt, that number comes from the Daily Mail which is known for embellishing stories for clicks.

If I was to guess I would put it closer to TLM $240M budget. But I'm sure we'll see seen enough when the trades actually start reporting on it as we get closer to release.

Ghost93

If that's the case the movie is screwed. Best case scenario for a Snow White remake would be around $500 million.

I think the movie might be surprisingly good or at least not terrible with Greta Gerwig and Mark Webb's involvement, but I think it will tank regardless as there's already a mob of people rooting for it to fail and getting money from YouTube ragebait.

Chi84

Premium Member
I've had issues with all the remakes for many reasons, but it is beyond me why Disney thinks it's a good idea to make a remake mainly for people who despise the original.
There was nothing to despise in the original because nothing really happened. It would probably make a 20 minute short these days.

The remake is for people who want something different.

Ghost93

There was nothing to despise in the original because nothing really happened. It would probably make a 20 minute short these days.

The remake is for people who want something different.
I do think it wasn't smart for Zegler to make disparaging comments about the film that the Disney company was built upon and is beloved by millions, but the hate she has received has gone way, way overboard.

Chi84

Premium Member
I do think it wasn't smart for Zegler to make disparaging comments about the film that the Disney company was built upon and is beloved by millions, but the hate she has received has gone way, way overboard.
I heard what she said and didn’t find it disparaging in any way.

I think the characters are beloved but I wonder how many people have actually seen the film. My kids haven’t, and I watched it for the first time last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom