Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Disstevefan1

If Disney chooses to release this instead of writing it off, it will lose money mostly because of what it cost to make and market this film with the initial costs and reshoots (nothing to do with the characters or the story).

When you start out having to make 900M at the box office just to beak even, you are starting deep in a hole.

BrianLo

If Disney chooses to release this instead of writing it off, it will lose money mostly because of what it cost to make and market this film with the initial costs and reshoots (nothing to do with the characters or the story).

When you start out having to make 900M at the box office just to beak even, you are starting deep in a hole.

It’s about 30 million cheaper than mermaid (supposedly) and would have a theatrical break even around 520 million.

It isn’t cheap, but it’s not exactly horrible.

I must say my interest is slightly piqued. Given the volume of prior Snow White retellings including Greta writing this, they may actually be producing something a bit different and of actual artistic value with this one. Maybe. I want to have a first look on what direction it’s actually going first.

The talent on this one is surprisingly strong. The director I’m ambivalent about.

I think its prospects are actually a lot more viable than the Marvels. A female audience ‘may’ actually turn out for this one. Maybe more viable than mermaid internationally. I dunno… I think I’m talking myself into this might not be the horrific miss everyone has already decided it is.

Disstevefan1

It’s about 30 million cheaper than mermaid (supposedly) and would have a theatrical break even around 520 million.

It isn’t cheap, but it’s not exactly horrible.

I must say my interest is slightly piqued. Given the volume of prior Snow White retellings including Greta writing this, they may actually be producing something a bit different and of actual artistic value with this one. Maybe. I want to have a first look on what direction it’s actually going first.

The talent on this one is surprisingly strong. The director I’m ambivalent about.

I think its prospects are actually a lot more viable than the Marvels. A female audience ‘may’ actually turn out for this one. Maybe more viable than mermaid internationally. I dunno… I think I’m talking myself into this might not be the horrific miss everyone has already decided it is.
We really don’t know the true cost of any movie. Companies state a “budget”, All that is an estimate of costs today.

Maybe in the old days productions were probably forced to keep costs down, when I watch “the making of” documentaries of older movies, a lot was about things they did to keep costs down.

Today, we never know the real costs of making movies, we never know how much they went over budget due to reshoots and post production , we never know the true costs of marketing so we don’t know how much this movie costs for everything in the end.

As we have seen, Disney does not care about their movie budgets, they totally care about their theme park budgets, but their movie budgets, nope.

All costs aside, IF they don’t write off this movie and shelve it never to be seen, I will have a look at it when it’s on Disney+ for free.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
She pretty much killed her career right there.
Ok...

1719686192977.png

DKampy

I never saw a problem with what she said before. Just people looking for excuses to criticize.
IMO… if it was not a Disney movie and there was no strike going on that was bringing little movie news… there would of been little hubbub about it… it all started from an interview that people missed when it was originally given

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom