Little Mermaid to receive Updates?

ExtinctJenn

Geez it's no wonder I can never find the place. If the castle didn't stick out above the horizon I would never locate it......or maybe it's just me...I get so turned around in FL now. I can find my way in and out on IASW side and most of the time by Speedway. But once inside FL I can't hardly find any of the new stuff without the map in hand....
I think once 7DMT is open and the walls are down it'll be a lot easier. The key for me is to imagine it as a big circle with 7DMT in the middle.

Jose

That's wat I was thinking! Once 7DMT opens, all the people will go to the newest attraction... and I think it will be the time for Mermaid to receive that refurb.

ratherbeinwdw

Geez it's no wonder I can never find the place. If the castle didn't stick out above the horizon I would never locate it......or maybe it's just me...I get so turned around in FL now. I can find my way in and out on IASW side and most of the time by Speedway. But once inside FL I can't hardly find any of the new stuff without the map in hand....
We were just the opposite. We found Mermaid and never did make it to BOG. I didn't even realize you could get to BOG from the Mermaid area. I thought it dead ended right past there.
We would see everyone waiting on the other side. We thought you had to go back out and down that way.
We're doing BOG twice in May, so I'll be more familiar after that.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
That's wat I was thinking! Once 7DMT opens, all the people will go to the newest attraction... and I think it will be the time for Mermaid to receive that refurb.

I have a feeling you'll be waiting for that refurb for another decade or more.

mousehunter96

was VERY disapointed in this "new" attraction. From a "disney innovation" persective they really low balled this ride. No cutting edge ideas, very basic, cheaply put together centerpiece room, with the ride falling short in telling the story from sebastian singing kiss d girl to end of ride, like they ran out of room or money to build it... 2 thumbs down disney, take more pride in the ride!

tirian

That's possibly the best way I've seen this put. I love the ride myself. It's not ground breaking or earth shattering (though Ursula is damn impressive in my opinion) but it's fun and even my son loves it. In particular we love the effect of going under the water. Simple yet it works! The queue however is pretty dang cool and you're right, it maybe is setting an expectation that the ride will impress you as much as the queue did. That said though, the two times we've been on it we've barely got to experience the queue. The first time we got on just as it opened and there was no wait. The second time we had a FP+ selection and walked right on as well.

I think the queue is the problem. Nothing's wrong with adding another D ticket to the MK, yet the elaborate façade sets Guest expectations high on the level of POTC or the HM. TLM isn't close to being a true E ticket. It doesn't need to be.

The MK still needs a true E-ticket attraction*, and I'm sorry to report the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be about a C+ or D-.

*so do Epcot, the Studios, and DAK, for that matter.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think the queue is the problem. Nothing's wrong with adding another D ticket to the MK, yet the elaborate façade sets Guest expectations high on the level of POTC or the HM. TLM isn't close to being a true E ticket. It doesn't need to be.

The MK still needs a true E-ticket attraction*, and I'm sorry to report the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be about a C+ or D-.

*so do Epcot, the Studios, and DAK, for that matter.

How do you know what 7DMT will be truly like until you ride it?

tirian

was VERY disapointed in this "new" attraction. From a "disney innovation" persective they really low balled this ride. No cutting edge ideas, very basic, cheaply put together centerpiece room, with the ride falling short in telling the story from sebastian singing kiss d girl to end of ride, like they ran out of room or money to build it... 2 thumbs down disney, take more pride in the ride!

Again, TLM was never intended to be an E ticket. Disney blew money on rockwork and village façades in the FLE instead of investing in one good restaurant, one good quick service joint, one good E-tic, and one good C.

I'd still love to see the long-gestating, AA-filled "Mickey's Circus" dark ride actually get built; but we know that's not happening.

tirian

I'm very familiar with this project.

Very.

Some people here have a good idea of what I do. It's your decision whether or not you believe me. (No offense intended or taken :).)

The coaster portion and show scene (singular) are elaborate and exciting, but it's a short ride. I'll be fair and raise my rating to a solid "D." But it's short. Really short.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Again, TLM was never intended to be an E ticket. Disney blew money on rockwork and village façades in the FLE instead of investing in one good restaurant, one good quick service joint, one good E-tic, and one good C.

I'd still love to see the long-gestating, AA-filled "Mickey's Circus" dark ride actually get built; but we know that's not happening.

I've never heard of this Mickeys Circus thing before...can you elaborate or point me in the right direction for some info?

And please post more often, you're awesome. Thanks in advance.

tirian

I've never heard of this Mickeys Circus thing before...can you elaborate or point me in the right direction for some info?

And please post more often, you're awesome. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I couldn't find a good article about it in my 2-minute Google search. ;)

Some artwork exists for a mad house/circus-themed dark ride featuring Mickey, Dumbo, and the gang. It would have been built at Disneyland c.1970s. You can find sketches in various Imagineering books.

Thanks for the compliment; I try to post when I can, but I'm really busy.

jdmdisney99

Sorry, I couldn't find a good article about it in my 2-minute Google search. ;)

Some artwork exists for a mad house/circus-themed dark ride featuring Mickey, Dumbo, and the gang. It would have been built at Disneyland c.1970s. You can find sketches in various Imagineering books.

Thanks for the compliment; I try to post when I can, but I'm really busy.
I believe you are referring to Mickey's Madhouse...
http://davelandblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/disneyland-that-never-was-pt-4.html

Sped2424

Original Poster
If you think that the coaster will be an eticket on any level you are going to be disappointed. Enough has been leaked about this attraction and judging the track size and show room we know this isn't an e ticket experience.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If you think that the coaster will be an eticket on any level you are going to be disappointed. Enough has been leaked about this attraction and judging the track size and show room we know this isn't an e ticket experience.

Never thought it would be an e-ticket in the sense of what we think an e-ticket to be. But I tend not to label attractions by letters but rather by my personal level of enjoyment.

A1st

I'm very familiar with this project.

Very.

Some people here have a good idea of what I do. It's your decision whether or not you believe me. (No offense intended or taken :).)

The coaster portion and show scene (singular) are elaborate and exciting, but it's a short ride. I'll be fair and raise my rating to a solid "D." But it's short. Really short.
Now heres my question. I watched a POV of the new Anarctica attraction at seaworld and my only reaction was "THATS IT?" Even if the mine train is short ride, as long as it provides a wow factor(s) that justifies it being that short (which we don't even know how short that is yet). I'd be fine getting off the ride and saying wow that was awesome!, and not care about the ride time.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Never thought it would be an e-ticket in the sense of what we think an e-ticket to be. But I tend not to label attractions by letters but rather by my personal level of enjoyment.
Of course there are rides that we all love and enjoy and remain special to us, for example Snow white's scary adventures was my favorite and a classic to me. But I know its not an eticket experience, Etickets aren't really subjective one can tell when a ride is a grand centerpiece and when it is not. I think the problem many of us have on here is we want another E ticket ride to be headlining this land, considering how it replaced a former Fantasyland e ticket experience. Despite what Disney's advertising or pushing on this ride its most likely going to be a nice and beautiful addition, but no thunder or space or splash mountain.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd be fine getting off the ride and saying wow that was awesome!, and not care about the ride time.

You can do that on a 90 second multi inversion steel coaster. The potential pitfall of the kiddy train (and Mermaid) is that they set themselves up for a fall. The exteriors potentially promise more than they deliver. And that's a big no no in the themed park world.

Soarin' Over Pgh

You can do that on a 90 second multi inversion steel coaster. The potential pitfall of the kiddy train (and Mermaid) is that they set themselves up for a fall. The exteriors potentially promise more than they deliver. And that's a big no no in the themed park world.

Not to mention it doesn't make sense to dump such huge levels of detail into exteriors if the interiors are inferior and not as well done. But who knows, maybe the inside portion(s) are done nicely, unlike TLM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom