Little Mermaid to receive Updates?

Animaniac93-98

New Details on DCA's changes from Miceage. I really hope WDW sees these:

"This time the ride will be closed for seven weeks and they’ll be going back in to fix the laundry list of issues that many fans found wrong with the ride as soon as it opened. Lighting and projections throughout the attraction will again be upgraded and tweaked, but the most noticeable changes will take place in two main areas.

The big Under The Sea musical production number in the middle of the ride will receive a hand painted black light treatment on all of the set pieces and animatronics, while new lighting rigs and projectors will be installed in the catwalks above. This traditional black light effect will make this scene darker and more dramatic, and hide many of the ceiling fixtures found in the much brighter room now.

In addition to an artistic rethink on the Under The Sea scene, the last two scenes of the ride will be rearranged and changed. Ursula will finally get her big death scene here, instead of the little plywood cutout at the back of the underwhelming kissing scene, and the big wedding finale’ will be cut down and condensed a bit to accommodate Ursula. It’s hoped these changes will tighten up the ride’s plotline overall and leave riders more impressed with its showmanship.
"

These changes, plus the smaller ones, could really reverse opinions on the ride IMO.

Scuttle

New Details on DCA's changes from Miceage. I really hope WDW sees these:

"This time the ride will be closed for seven weeks and they’ll be going back in to fix the laundry list of issues that many fans found wrong with the ride as soon as it opened. Lighting and projections throughout the attraction will again be upgraded and tweaked, but the most noticeable changes will take place in two main areas.

The big Under The Sea musical production number in the middle of the ride will receive a hand painted black light treatment on all of the set pieces and animatronics, while new lighting rigs and projectors will be installed in the catwalks above. This traditional black light effect will make this scene darker and more dramatic, and hide many of the ceiling fixtures found in the much brighter room now.

In addition to an artistic rethink on the Under The Sea scene, the last two scenes of the ride will be rearranged and changed. Ursula will finally get her big death scene here, instead of the little plywood cutout at the back of the underwhelming kissing scene, and the big wedding finale’ will be cut down and condensed a bit to accommodate Ursula. It’s hoped these changes will tighten up the ride’s plotline overall and leave riders more impressed with its showmanship.
"

These changes, plus the smaller ones, could really reverse opinions on the ride IMO.
The real problem is the guests visual sight lines. The clam shells need to hide more and they don't. If we had something similar to the doom buggies that'd help immensely.

Jose

I really like the idea of the ursula battle scene... We won't get this kind of reburb ever...
once again, DL's version of the ride beats wdw's

TP2000

I'm going to ride Mermaid at DCA this weekend one last time before this big refurb. According to the Disneyland.com calendar, Mermaid closes on March 20th and reopens in May, about a two month long refurbishment.

How on earth are they going to schedule that in for the WDW version? :confused:

Sped2424

Original Poster
I'd hazard that Burbank would have to force it.
perhaps the would so that they could keep the costs of development for this new stuff done by implementing it in both versions? They could totally put mermaid down for a couple of weeks after the mine train opens, to fix the fake grass goo on top from the fire and do these changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom