Little Mermaid to receive Updates?

Communicore

Of course MK won't get that refurb! People are still going on this ride in droves and it's The New Fantasyland, it is new, there's nothing wrong with it!

Scuttle

Of course MK won't get that refurb! People are still going on this ride in droves and it's The New Fantasyland, it is new, there's nothing wrong with it!
That's the problem, the MK hasn't seen anything new in so long that people are willing to accept this eyesore filled attraction as the greatest attraction at WDW since Everest when IMHO the ride is mediocre at best.

Communicore

That's the problem, the MK hasn't seen anything new in so long that people are willing to accept this eyesore filled attraction as the greatest attraction at WDW since Everest when IMHO the ride is mediocre at best.
Right, I mean as soon as I rode it for the first time I noticed that it has a cheap vibe but others don't see that, they think of it as a brand new ride and nothing is wrong with it.

Disneyhead'71

I agree. It seems that the most egregious error can be easily remedied. The main under the sea display just needs subdued lighting and more 'water', 'waves' and 'bubble' effects projected throughout the room.
The entire "under the sea" scene should have been sunken at least 4 feet below the plane of the ride vehicles so that guests are looking down into the scene. Not looking up into the AC ducts and light rigs. And I am dubious as to how a day glow fluorescent fix will work. Maybe they will give out LSD in the queue.

Scuttle

They tried hard, but Mermaid is a showcase of incompetence.
Did they try though? This ride as well as the SoCal version should have been in the same league as HM as in attention to detail. As I said earlier it's back to basics with visual sight lines, but they couldn't even hide the outside of the show building from view by the bathrooms, so why hide the actual guts of the ride!?!? Lol. It's pathetic, really it is.

Disneyhead'71

Did they try though? This ride as well as the SoCal version should have been in the same league as HM as in attention to detail. As I said earlier it's back to basics with visual sight lines, but they couldn't even hide the outside of the show building from view by the bathrooms, so why hide the actual guts of the ride!?!? Lol. It's pathetic, really it is.
I believe they tried. But Imagineering's C Team clearly don't have the skill set yet to be left without adult supervision.

KathyJetson

perhaps the would so that they could keep the costs of development for this new stuff done by implementing it in both versions? They could totally put mermaid down for a couple of weeks after the mine train opens, to fix the fake grass goo on top from the fire and do these changes.

Can you see the damage? I haven't seen any pictures of it.

Skibum1970

I agree. It seems that the most egregious error can be easily remedied. The main under the sea display just needs subdued lighting and more 'water', 'waves' and 'bubble' effects projected throughout the room.

My DW, who likes WDW but isn't a diehard, made the comment while riding that they needed to put in the waves. She thought that some of the fabric that can be made to move and shimmer like water along with lower lighting would add a great deal if stretched across the top of the room. She also thought that Ariel looked like she was high (the lidded eyes made that effect). While some things can't be easily fixed (better transitions between scenes and I'd like to see her tour of the kingdom added), the lighting and water effects could be easily improved upon. Even finishing the walls and closing off areas where one can see through to the infrastructure would be a great improvement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom