Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Oh god, shut up.. Really... I've had enough of the Space Mountain is going to suck after refurb , crap.... you don't know the plans, you don't know whats being done...

Damnit, some of you people LIVE to be negative... we need a damn negative forum for you to all hang out in and gripe about a missing bolt on a drink cart.

Everyone on this board has a right to their opinion. If you don't like what someone has to say you don't have to read their posts. It is childish to think that every one on this board has to agree with you. If you find them really irritating you can make use of the feature (ignore list) that I am now going to use of for your post.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
As much as I'd love to see it happen, it's not at the top of the priority list.
I suppose it wouldn't be TOO expensive, though, since it'd be a clone...

marsrunner

Im surprised so many people want this attraction becuase usually most people on these boards dont like cloning.

I'd prefer if DCA got a unique attraction in TLM and MK got something in Fantasyland in the same vein...an E-Ticket darkride themed to something else. Beauty and the Beast maybe?

But knowing they probably won't do that I think it would be a positive that the MK gets something major new, even if it is a clone. Ya takes what ya can get sometimes.

ToTBellHop

Im surprised so many people want this attraction becuase usually most people on these boards dont like cloning.
Since it would be opening almost 20 years after the last MK E-Ticket, I think most people would be happy with ANYTHING at this point. Also, from what I've heard, the Little Mermaid ride is apparently going to be pretty spectacular. If Disney would like anything to open in time for the 40th anniversary, this is their best bet since all of the R&D is done. I doubt they could get a completely novel E-Ticket open by 2011 at this point, but based upon what DCA's site currently looks like and the fact that their ride will open in 2011, this could be a match for the MK.

The Conundrum

Welp I hate to rain on everyone's parade but I just got confirmation this is NOT happening.

If you head on over to lp.com Lee, a REAL insider, has confirmed that nothing of substance will be heading to the Magic Kingdom within the next FIVE years. Even more disturbing is that the company is planning to reduce WDI to a glorified consulting and contracting firm very similar to Universal Creative.

For those that don't know Lee is a consultant for Walt Disney Imagineering and is the publisher of the "Tales from the Laughing Place' magazine. It is very terrifying that this info is coming from him because over the past years he has done nothing but DEFEND every single decision Disney has made and rarely says anything negative about the company.

I'm sorry guys but i'll take Lee's word over Lance's any day of the week since he is actually employeed by the company. This news also backs up what Corrus/Tim G. (a former imagineer) has said many times.

Buried20KLeague

I used to be in that crowd.

Now I'm in the "It would be better than nothing" crowd.

I get the fact that cloning significantly cuts down on costs, and in this day and age, and with Disney being the way it's been lately, I'm willing to accept it without complaining. It's better than the alternative.

Although I do believe it's a bit of a "forest through the trees" mentality... They'll save on building and engineering costs in the short term, but it's one less reason for me to take a trip to a different Disney resort in the long term, meaning they don't get as much of my money.

The more similar the experiences are, the less I'll go.

Figment632

Welp I hate to rain on everyone's parade but I just got confirmation this is NOT happening.

If you head on over to lp.com Lee, a REAL insider, has confirmed that nothing of substance will be heading to the Magic Kingdom within the next FIVE years. Even more disturbing is that the company is planning to reduce WDI to a glorified consulting and contracting firm very similar to Universal Creative.

For those that don't know Lee is a consultant for Walt Disney Imagineering and is the publisher of the "Tales from the Laughing Place' magazine. It is very terrifying that this info is coming from him because over the past years he has done nothing but DEFEND every single decision Disney has made and rarely says anything negative about the company.

I'm sorry guys but i'll take Lee's word over Lance's any day of the week since he is actually employeed by the company. This news also backs up what Corrus/Tim G. (a former imagineer) has said many times.

How do we know what you are saying is reliable?

DisneyPrincess5

:lookaroun

Buried20KLeague

WELL, WELL, WELL.

It seems that the gauntlet has been thrown down. The Conundrum on one side of the fence with his information, and jt's speculation on the bright future the WDW Resort is about to embark upon.

Someone needs to mark this post for future reference.

And I'm quite sure I know which horse I'm betting on. :zipit:

kashmir

Honeymoon

Not necessarily--depends on how they want to theme it. There won't be any lagoon out front of the DCA version. Of course, as with most things in CA vs. FL, we are likely to get a more elaborate queue line anyway (a la Toy Story Mania).
p.s. Have a great trip and Happy honeymoon!:) I wish you both the best!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
WELL, WELL, WELL.

It seems that the gauntlet has been thrown down. The Conundrum on one side of the fence with his information, and jt's speculation on the bright future the WDW Resort is about to embark upon.

Someone needs to mark this post for future reference.

And I'm quite sure I know which horse I'm betting on. :zipit:
I am betting on a third horse that will run around both of them when the slap fight starts.

Buried20KLeague

How do we know what you are saying is reliable?

Ha!

He just explained why what he's saying has merit IN HIS OWN POST, naming people we all know who are closely involved in the process. What more do you want?!?!?!?!?!?

NOTHING IS A SURE THING. That much I would give you, and would agree with. But these people are people that generally should be believed completely.

With the exception of Corrus saying the wand wasn't coming down. :lookaroun:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom