Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

Fun2BFree

It's called satire. I can't dumb everything down to your level.

:lol: Kidding.

The thread title was horribly misleading. What's next?

Fifth Gate happening 2012! (Perhaps)
Beastlie Kingdomme greenlit! (Possibly)
Monorail Expansion 100% confirmed! (For all one knows)
Alien Encounter makes its return, goodbye to Stitch! (Now with bus-driver evidence)
Up characters added to Soarin'! (I dreamt it last night)

Any sarcasm is to be read as satire, should you be stupid enough to take it any other way. :lookaroun

RSoxNo1

The thread title was horribly misleading. What's next?

Fifth Gate happening 2012! (Perhaps)
Beastlie Kingdomme greenlit! (Possibly)
Monorail Expansion 100% confirmed! (For all one knows)
Alien Encounter makes its return, goodbye to Stitch! (Now with bus-driver evidence)
Up characters added to Soarin'! (I dreamt it last night)

Any sarcasm is to be read as satire, should you be stupid enough to take it any other way. :lookaroun

OMG that would be soooooooooooooo awesome.

Ok, that should help fan the flames.

So, Conundrum - you seem to have inside info. Anything worth mentioning other than you hate the mouse?

jt04

Original Poster
Sorry I should have made that clear in my first post. The Lee on Lp isn't the same. His name is Lee Macdonald.

And to answer your other question he was talking about WDI as a whole not just WDW. Here is one of his posts discussing the matter:

When was this posted? Can you link to the article/blog or post where this is written? I'm starting to think the entry by "Lee Macdonald" might have been written during the Eisner era. :shrug:

aladdin2007

If mermaid does get the final go, I dont think it could happen in time for the 40th at this point, could it? Im just thinking construction would need to move in tomorrow? I know nothing about construction but I just cant see them completing something on the grand scale like this in time for 2011.

WDW1974

Just making a quick drop by to add that what Lee MacDonald said was that there was NOTHING of substance coming to the MK in the current 5-year-plan. Nothing.

Mermaid is considerably more than nothing. What I got out of Lee's statement was that things are quite dire at WDI due to the management of Parks and Resorts (Jay Rasulo and his minions of evil!) and that MK will continue on its path of living off the past thru smarmy nostalgia marketing hype that plays on memories and a standard of quality that is no longer part of the current business model.

Lee and I have had some incredible knockdown dragouts online in the past (the type of debate that unfortunately would never fly here), so I am not exactly his cheerleader ...but I have great respect for his knowledge and connections.

For him to be saying what he is saying at LP.com is almost akin (dear mods this is just analogy, can we not get our underwear in a twist and leave it alone? thanks!) to Rush Limbaugh saying one positive word about our President.

Lee may be trying to save his own with Disney, but even if that's the case there's no way I see an agenda here ... because spewing forth the truth like he has can't make anyone at TWDC happy. I just think it's pure frustration watching WDI slowly die (it is, after all, much like FA -- the heart and SOUL of the creative magic factory ... and we all know what happened to FA a decade ago)

So, if there were even a small chance of Mermaid happening in the next five years, Lee would have said it. Again ... no agenda on his part.

Now ... back to your regularly scheduled summer programming (I hear there's a new character meet-greet-and-grope in Germany.)

jt04

Original Poster
Just making a quick drop by to add that what Lee MacDonald said was that there was NOTHING of substance coming to the MK in the current 5-year-plan. Nothing.

Mermaid is considerably more than nothing. What I got out of Lee's statement was that things are quite dire at WDI due to the management of Parks and Resorts (Jay Rasulo and his minions of evil!) and that MK will continue on its path of living off the past thru smarmy nostalgia marketing hype that plays on memories and a standard of quality that is no longer part of the current business model.

Lee and I have had some incredible knockdown dragouts online in the past (the type of debate that unfortunately would never fly here), so I am not exactly his cheerleader ...but I have great respect for his knowledge and connections.

For him to be saying what he is saying at LP.com is almost akin (dear mods this is just analogy, can we not get our underwear in a twist and leave it alone? thanks!) to Rush Limbaugh saying one positive word about our President.

Lee may be trying to save his own with Disney, but even if that's the case there's no way I see an agenda here ... because spewing forth the truth like he has can't make anyone at TWDC happy. I just think it's pure frustration watching WDI slowly die (it is, after all, much like FA -- the heart and SOUL of the creative magic factory ... and we all know what happened to FA a decade ago)

So, if there were even a small chance of Mermaid happening in the next five years, Lee would have said it. Again ... no agenda on his part.

Now ... back to your regularly scheduled summer programming (I hear there's a new character meet-greet-and-grope in Germany.)

Still no link or date when posted? I've been to the web site and can't find the article. I'm starting to question the validity of this entire story. But then it is enigma/wdw74 so I'll wait to hear from a more reliable source.

Monorail_Orange

Not to take sides, but I find it extremely hard to believe there is NOTHING substantial coming to MK in the next 5 years. Also, WDW74 mentions TDO relying on a "standard of quality that is no longer part of the current business model." I'm sorry, but having just seen MK with my own eyes, those White Glove standards seem to be coming back - the place was cleaner and better painted than in the last ten years. Lots of work is being done to clean up/maintain facades on MSUSA and in Frontierland with the WDWRR Station and Diamond Horseshoe. And MK has sat dormant too long already, something big and new has to come before too long - what's there is getting VERY crowded, especially with SM down.

sponono88

Has anyone thought about how building a TLM clone would affect DCA? The whole point of the DCA renovation is to attract more visitors, and having exclusive rides would certainly help with that... Why can't they build a brand-new E-Ticket ride for WDW without relying on DCA for cloning ideas?

but I also wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead and cloned the ride. They did it with Soarin' Over California and Midway Mania.

jt04

Original Poster
Not to take sides, but I find it extremely hard to believe there is NOTHING substantial coming to MK in the next 5 years. Also, WDW74 mentions TDO relying on a "standard of quality that is no longer part of the current business model." I'm sorry, but having just seen MK with my own eyes, those White Glove standards seem to be coming back - the place was cleaner and better painted than in the last ten years. Lots of work is being done to clean up/maintain facades on MSUSA and in Frontierland with the WDWRR Station and Diamond Horseshoe. And MK has sat dormant too long already, something big and new has to come before too long - what's there is getting VERY crowded, especially with SM down.

It's odd to me they claim not to know each other but their posts always mesh and when one gets challanged the other swoops in to help.

I see nothing but an agenda out there by the doom and gloom crowd. Their posts have always seemed to be all about an agenda.

There seems to be people out there that believe the management of every company in this country is going to be replaced as it was with General Motors. And there are also people positioning themselves for a coup d'etat of Disney management.

Roy Disney's campaign to bring down Eisner, while warrented, has created and encouraged some dillusional characters to try and repeat that campaign.

jt04

Original Poster
Has anyone thought about how building a TLM clone would affect DCA? The whole point of the DCA renovation is to attract more visitors, and having exclusive rides would certainly help with that... Why can't they build a brand-new E-Ticket ride for WDW without relying on DCA for cloning ideas?

but I also wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead and cloned the ride. They did it with Soarin' Over California and Midway Mania.

I think LM is seen to be a classic like HM, IaSW and Splash Mountain. Classics always end up at more than one park.

hrcollectibles

Again people who have NO idea what they are talking about :rolleyes:.

How long have you been involved in the Disney fan community? and how much do you know about the way Disney operates?

How many times do we have to go through this? When press release and art for Stitch was released people said it didn't look good and it wasnt, same thing with Monsters inc. laugh floor, same thing with the pirates refurb, same thing with SSE, and now Space Mountain. Conversly, the concept art of the Haunted Mansion refurb and the art for tokyo disneysea told us they would be good and sure enough they were. The only reason people are negative is because TDO/WDI/WDC are making extremly poor decisions in Orlando. If they start making good ones (and that aint happening tomorrow :rolleyes:) I will be the first in line to say this was a smart decision (like when the wand was removed, HM got a decent refurb, soarin replacing food rocks).

As for Space Mountain, a simple understanding that $12 million is insuffiecient to make SM good again would help. (It needs more like $30-50 million to do it justice).

These posts seriously don't even warrant a response but since I have some free time today I decided to be polite and respond.

Who says they aren't good? Although you may not like them there are people out there that do. I for one think the Pirates Refurb looks great. Oh and thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule

jedijake45

Oh god, shut up.. Really... I've had enough of the Space Mountain is going to suck after refurb , crap.... you don't know the plans, you don't know whats being done...

Damnit, some of you people LIVE to be negative... we need a damn negative forum for you to all hang out in and gripe about a missing bolt on a drink cart.

I second these thoughts,THANK YOU!!

CaptainMichael

Still no link or date when posted? I've been to the web site and can't find the article. I'm starting to question the validity of this entire story. But then it is enigma/wdw74 so I'll wait to hear from a more reliable source.

Well, you have my word that it was posted in the WDW General Discussion Thread at Laughing Place forums by Lee MacDonald. I like to think that I can be considered reliable here after 6 years...

jt04

Original Poster
Well, you have my word that it was posted in the WDW General Discussion Thread at Laughing Place forums by Lee MacDonald. I like to think that I can be considered reliable here after 6 years...

Can you give me the date and thread title? Can't find it. :shrug:

jt04

Original Poster
"Has the MK lost its soul" not sure of the date.

Thanks. I've been here since 2000 or 2001 but the previous me got banned. I don't even remember my "name" back then.

PS- Never start a rumor that Kali is being extended as a prank. Just saying. :lookaroun

krankenstein

Thanks. I've been here since 2000 or 2001 but the previous me got banned. I don't even remember my "name" back then.

PS- Never start a rumor that Kali is being extended as a prank. Just saying. :lookaroun

Post 109 is what you are looking for in the stated thread on LP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom