Lions Gate in talks for Hunger Games theme park attraction

Tonka's Skipper

Fiction is fiction, try leaving it at that and not placing all of societies ills on these or other films you find distasteful.

Seems I am free to offer my opinion, which has been backed up with studies and the facts that some of the violence shown by teens and people these days is a direct result of the movies and games and TV they are exposed to.

If you choose not to agree..................fine, your privilege.

But don't act like your in charge, you have treed that on other subject and lost out as well.

Tonka's Skipper

So if someday my non-existent kids have to participate in a fight to the death to keep the Capitol appeased and bring fear to the nation, will I look back on this moment and think, "Actually, Hunger Games theme parks weren't a great idea"?

It depends. Are they winning?

Hi there.

I know my view is not the popular one, but I believe the comparison is fair. If you had a daughter and she was called into this contest, would you then feel it was ok?

Everyone can have their own opinion.

AKK

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Fiction is fiction, try leaving it at that and not placing all of societies ills on these or other films you find distasteful.

Seems I am free to offer my opinion, which has been backed up with studies and the facts that some of the violence shown by teens and people these days is a direct result of the movies and games and TV they are exposed to.

But don't act like your in charge, you have treed that on other subject and lost out as well.
Actually it hasn't been fully determined that one leads to the other....

Secondly, where did I ever say you weren't allowed to express your opinion. In fact, it was just that being discussed.

And if you're not a fan of my opines, so be it. But don't try to imply that I'm trying to silence you or some other load of b#ll#cks. That's been attempted before as well....

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Where has anyone tried to prevent you from expressing your opinion? Or is that you just don't like to hear the other point of view? Considering the subject matter this discussion has been pretty civil so far.

Tonka's Skipper

try leaving it at that and not placing all of societies ills on these or other films you find distasteful.

WM , Your quote above is a clear statement telling me what to do.

Believe me it isn't going to happen.

Seems you never learn your not in charge and think you can bully people into being quiet. You have tried this before and found I will back up my opinions with fact (IE the studies on violence in society).

AKK

Lucky

As I read this, the MD Six Flags came to mind, that place is horrible. Sure enough, you're from MD. I don't know why people still go to that "park"
When I posted that I was thinking no one else would relate, that maybe it was just our Six Flags that had this problem. But it got a lot of "likes," for whatever reason.

Voxel

President of Progress City
try leaving it at that and not placing all of societies ills on these or other films you find distasteful.

Seems you never learn your not in charge and think you can bully people into being quiet. You have tried this before and found I will back up my opinions with fact (IE the studies on violence in society).

AKK

I would like to point out here that recently there have been more studies that prove that Violent video games/books/moves have less effect on children then the News and parental upbringing.

Not try to start an argument, I am just trying to provide information to all parties.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

AKK
Last time I checked, try meant just that.....

Ah, the bully aspect. Amazing how that seems to arise when someone disagrees with you.

And yes, please try (sorry, that word again) to find a 100% indisputable report. I'll try to await it with baited breath....

Tonka's Skipper

Where has anyone tried to prevent you from expressing your opinion? Or is that you just don't like to hear the other point of view? Considering the subject matter this discussion has been pretty civil so far.

As I stated ........WM quote is clearly telling me what to do.

I have not told him or anyone they can't have their opinion or not watch the movie.............yet I am told to leave it and not blame........etc....etc....etc.....

No one has to agree with me, but if your want someone to just back down and not support their opinion, I am not that person.

I made my 1st post and opinion and left it with that. This morning I was quoted and responded.

AKK

hellowonderland

I have not told him or anyone they can't have their opinion or not watch the movie.............yet I am told to leave it and not blame........etc....etc....etc.....

No one has to agree with me, but if your want someone to just back down and not support their opinion, I am not that person.

I made my 1st post and opinion and left it with that. This morning I was quoted and responded.

AKK
You called fans of the movie "sickos"... you really didn't think you'd get a response?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

AKK

I don't interpret anything that has been said so far as bullying. It's clear to me that you just have no interest in hearing the other side of the argument. Why even post if you don't want a debate.

Tonka's Skipper

I
I would like to point out here that recently there have been more studies that prove that Violent video games/books/moves have less effect on children then the News and parental upbringing.

Not try to start an argument, I am just trying to provide information to all parties.

Hi Voxel,

I don't claim to be a expert on all the studies. There are indeed studies on both sides, but if you just read the paper or watch TV reports, I have to come down on the side of those that believe the over the top gratuitous violence is negatively effecting the kids, teen and adults today.

The games out where they are encouraged to kill police and innocent people. movies like pulp fiction that had so much killing and torture, the characters were numbed to it. Just for example!

Sorry I cannot praise these type of movies or gaming or TV for that matter.

I am not saying anyone of age cannot go see it., but neither would I be at all upset if these types of movies, gaming or tv shows were just not made.

AKK

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Presenting a story about teens killing teens in this manner is just like the gaming with people killing everything in site.

Of course people have killed people before this movie and its silly for you to present your snarky statement, This just adds to the fire!

We are all entitled to our opinions.

AKK

Do you truly believe that watching a violent movie or playing violent video games turns people into killers?

Tonka's Skipper

Hello Danlb

Sorry you feel that way, but I have not told anyone what I should do in my thinking as WM did.

Everyone can think what they want.

Tonka's Skipper

Random, I believe subjecting some people to repeated viewing of over the top killing and torture does over time dumb them the point that they do longer fully realize real killing and torture is just that.............REAL........not a movie or game.

AKK

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Hello Danlb

Sorry you feel that way, but I have not told anyone what I should do in my thinking as WM did.

Everyone can think what they want.
Guess the bullying thing went the way of your scientific reports....

But, I'm sure you gave it a try.....

Tonka's Skipper

I don't interpret anything that has been said so far as bullying. It's clear to me that you just have no interest in hearing the other side of the argument. Why even post if you don't want a debate.

I have to eat a little crow here with the Bullying.........I apologize for the use of that word in this thread only.......when I am wrong , I am wrong.

However show be where I have told anyone what to think or what opinion

to have?

AKK

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Random, I believe subjecting some people to repeated viewing of over the top killing and torture does over time dumb them the point that they do longer fully realize real killing and torture is just that.............REAL........not a movie or game.

AKK

I'm am of the view that an mental healthy person of the proper maturity can exposed violent video game, movies, books etc with no problems. The problem IMO comes when a person has mentally healthy in the first place. But even the majority of people with mental disorders (there are a very wide range) would never kill another person. You are dealing with a very small percent of people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom