Lions Gate in talks for Hunger Games theme park attraction

Tonka's Skipper

Guess the bullying thing went the way of your scientific reports....

But, I'm sure you gave it a try.....

Well WM, your comments as always are sneaky and rude...........your need not bother responding to my opinion anymore. I learned a long time ago and should follow it, that before responding , I should consider the value of the comment made to me........I have done that now and find no value in your comments.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well WM, your comments as always are sneaky and rude...........your need not bother responding to my opinion anymore. I learned a long time ago and should follow it, that before responding , I should consider the value of the comment made to me........I have done that now and find no value in your comments.

Now you are telling other people what to do. If you don't want to hear other people opinions, don't post your own.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And here I am, having not gotten you anything.....

Disneyhead'71

Hi there WM,

My point was more the presentation of this kind of contest to ME is very distasteful and plain evil/ wrong!

I presented the idea of what you the people who like this kind of movie be so fast to enjoy it or approve if it was real life and their kids were involved?

I guess the bottom line is I find this kind of violence as plain unnecessary. This kind of violence, especially in gaming is harmful and has caused real life problems.

But to each their own.................just not for me

AKK
So the problem is video games and movies. Glad to know.
I won't go on a political rant.

Tonka's Skipper

I'm am of the view that an mental healthy person of the proper maturity can exposed violent video game, movies, books etc with no problems. The problem IMO comes when a person has mentally healthy in the first place. But even the majority of people with mental disorders (there are a very wide range) would never kill another person. You are dealing with a very small percent of people.

Good points, but think of teens today, the scientific studies have shown that teen brains are not fully developed until about the age of 20. Doesn't it seem possible that if these young folks are subjected to violence , I mean over the top violence, that this could affect them?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Good points, but think of teens today, the scientific studies have shown that teen brains are not fully developed until about the age of 20. Doesn't it seem possible that if these young folks are subjected to violence , I mean over the top violence, that this could affect them?

It could be possible but I would imagine in a very small percent of people. Truthfully I feel this is more of a parental issue in most cases. Parents (myself included) have to decide what is best for their child's maturity level and be prepared to talk about what has been seen. Even with teenagers. I'm a true believer in maturity level not age. Some 15 yos can watch extreme violence with no issues and others will be horrified. You have to know your kids.

Tonka's Skipper

It could be possible but I would imagine in a very small percent of people. Truthfully I feel this is more of a parental issue in most cases. Parents (myself included) have to decide what is best for their child's maturity level and be prepared to talk about what has been seen. Even with teenagers. I'm a true believer in maturity level not age. Some 15 yos can watch extreme violence with no issues and others will be horrified. You have to know your kids.

There we agree............parents are the biggest problem. They must monitor what there kids are watching and doing.

Your right on in this post!

Let go a bit off....................Is this type of movie really worth anything? I just don't see the entertainment value of a teens fighting with other teens for their lives. At least in this story line.

AKK

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There we agree............parents are the biggest problem. They must monitor what there kids are watching and doing.

Let go a bit off....................Is this type of movie really worth anything? I just don't see the entertainment value of a teens fighting with other teens for their lives. At least in this story line.

AKK

But you are only focusing on one element of the overall story. The teen fighting teen which (spoiler..... ) only occurs in the first movie, is just a catalyst for a larger story. Also the movie doesn't glorify this violence, it shows the consequences of it. Good article from Time Magazine about this very topic...

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/11/19/beyond-the-blood-what-the-hunger-games-can-teach-tweens/

BTW, it is interesting to note that Disney has the TV broadcast rights to the Hunger Games and will be showing it on ABC Family.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

AKK

In the context of the Hunger Games I do think it has a value. Teen killing teens is not the point of the movies or the books. It is a by product of the oppressive government they live under. And the movies and books show how a small act of bravery can spark a revolution.

Also remember these movies are rated PG-13 the average High Schooler can see this with no problem. It's not just violence for the sake of violence it has a message and the use of teens in the film makes the message stronger to the audience.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In the context of the Hunger Games I do think it has a value. Teen killing teens is not the point of the movies or the books. It is a by product of the oppressive government they live under. And the movies and books show how a small act of bravery can spark a revolution.

The Time article makes a really good point. In the first movie the tributes who are the trained killers are portrayed as the villains in the games, but the untrained ones who reluctantly kill for self defense are the heroes of the story.

hellowonderland

AKK
Have you read the books?

Tonka's Skipper

But you are only focusing on one element of the overall story. The teen fighting teen which (spoiler..... ) only occurs in the first movie, is just a catalyst for a larger story. Also the movie doesn't glorify this violence, it shows the consequences of it. Good article from Time Magazine about this very topic...

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/11/19/beyond-the-blood-what-the-hunger-games-can-teach-tweens/

BTW, it is interesting to note that Disney has the TV broadcast rights to the Hunger Games and will be showing it on ABC Family.

I have to admit time piece is pretty good. I agree there are positive points.

I was referring to the entertainment industry as a whole, not this one movie.

AKK

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I have to admit time piece is pretty good. I agree there are positive points.

I was referring to the entertainment industry as a whole, not this one movie.

AKK
I said *sicko Stuff*, referring to the movie.

As to the fan, I meant so may fans..........so many approving of the movie, showed this was part of the problem.

I should have been clearer.

AKK
Really?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom