Lions Gate in talks for Hunger Games theme park attraction

DManRightHere

What if it's not about kids killing kids? What if it's about Revolution and fighting the bad guys of the Capitol? Think outside the box.

I've only seen the first movie, if the story is much much more than that then I guess I need to check the rest of the movies/books out.

hellowonderland

We wonder why the Country has people killing each other for to reason!

The fan base of these 2 movies are a good example!....SICKO STUFF>

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Bairstow

Do you stand for what you believe in?
And find the strength to do what's right?
That's TURTLE POWER!

Whoops, wrong franchise.

Man, that takes me back.

Seems really odd to think of Disney being so deficient on boy-friendly franchises that they had to license the Turtles.

Of course, now their franchise has a different theme park home:

Tonka's Skipper

You are right no one ever killed another person before these movies. BAN HUNGER GAMES!!!

Presenting a story about teens killing teens in this manner is just like the gaming with people killing everything in site.

Of course people have killed people before this movie and its silly for you to present your snarky statement, This just adds to the fire!

We are all entitled to our opinions.

AKK

Sam Magic

I can't wait to see Cinna's fashion Boutique! "Where you become a Victor" . This all though would probably be similar to the current promotions. If you think about it though it's a great idea! You could go to the capitol, maybe there could be an arena show where guest have to do silly tasks to 'win' the Hunger Games. Really it could work...for about ten years until it dies out and they replace it with something else.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think that's what he means. I know I would hate it...although sounds kinda like something we would do.
No, it sounds like something as plausible as Disney ever erecting a ride/attraction or M&G for this line of films....

Tonka's Skipper

If they were being forced to take part in a deathly contest found in some dystopian future?

Hi there WM,

My point was more the presentation of this kind of contest to ME is very distasteful and plain evil/ wrong!

I presented the idea of what you the people who like this kind of movie be so fast to enjoy it or approve if it was real life and their kids were involved?

I guess the bottom line is I find this kind of violence as plain unnecessary. This kind of violence, especially in gaming is harmful and has caused real life problems.

But to each their own.................just not for me

AKK

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Hi there WM,

My point was more the presentation of this kind of contest to ME is very distasteful and plain evil/ wrong!

I presented the idea of what you the people who like this kind of movie be so fast to enjoy it or approve if it was real life and their kids were involved?

I guess the bottom line is I find this kind of violence as plain unnecessary. This kind of violence, especially in gaming is harmful and has caused real life problems.

But to each their own.................just not for me

AKK
So, using the hyperbole of a work of fiction to make a real life point. Excellent....

Tonka's Skipper

So, using the hyperbole of a work of fiction to make a real life point. Excellent....

Glad you agree...............its my opinion, based on the society problems that have developed from these over the top violent movies/ games etc.

If you find this ok in faction.................you should not a problem with it in a factual presentation and evolving your own kids. If not then you should also find this type of movie plainly wrong.

AKK

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Glad you agree...............its my opinion, based on the society problems that have developed from these over the top violent movies/ games etc.

If you find this ok in faction.................you should not a problem with it in faction and evolving your own kids. If not then you should also find this type of movie plainly wrong.

AKK
Fiction is fiction, try leaving it at that and not placing all of societies ills on these or other films you find distasteful.

hellowonderland

Gee glad you agree!

I cant help but wonder if it was your child in these roles in real life...........would your opinion change

AKK
So if someday my non-existent kids have to participate in a fight to the death to keep the Capitol appeased and bring fear to the nation, will I look back on this moment and think, "Actually, Hunger Games theme parks weren't a great idea"?

It depends. Are they winning?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom