Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

mickeysaver

I am sorry, but without the LoW, which is my favorite spot to sit with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the "magic" of the season at Epcot, this holiday trip of mine is going to be sorely lacking. We have two nights planned for Epcot and while we survived the loss of the Christmas tree lighting ceremony last year, the LoW kept the magic alive and well. I just don't see what's supposed to be so magical at Epcot this holiday season. :shrug:

They jacked up the price of the Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages to a level that makes no sense to me, so we won't be doing CP this year. :(

There won't be a tree lighting ceremony. :cry:

There won't be a Lights of Winter feature to enjoy. :mad:

There will be storytellers. :rolleyes:

There will be holiday shopping. :fork:

Come the heck on, I want to enjoy the spirit of the season. I want magic. LoW has to be some pretty darn low cost magic in the grand scheme of things. I want lights and don't think that I won't be griping at Guest Services.

EPCOT Explorer

What chance is it that it would be the Harlem Gospel Choir that sang in DHS previously?

harlem-choir.jpg
That would be plus.

I am sorry, but without the LoW, which is my favorite spot to sit with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the "magic" of the season at Epcot, this holiday trip of mine is going to be sorely lacking. We have two nights planned for Epcot and while we survived the loss of the Christmas tree lighting ceremony last year, the LoW kept the magic alive and well. I just don't see what's supposed to be so magical at Epcot this holiday season. :shrug:

They jacked up the price of the Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages to a level that makes no sense to me, so we won't be doing CP this year. :(

There won't be a tree lighting ceremony. :cry:

There won't be a Lights of Winter feature to enjoy. :mad:

There will be storytellers. :rolleyes:

There will be holiday shopping. :fork:

Come the heck on, I want to enjoy the spirit of the season. I want magic. LoW has to be some pretty darn low cost magic in the grand scheme of things. I want lights and don't think that I won't be griping at Guest Services.
PoE, music, and some decor.

Disney can, and should do WAY better than that. They have in the past. This is seriously low for them....And I thought they were changing.:rolleyes::(

Mr.Diamond

I do not want to spread misinformation, so I did a follow-up call. Just asked for facts, not assumptions. The arches were moved from the x-mas section a while ago and it was assumed that they were getting painted and perhaps fitted for LEDs.

So I do not really know anything other than the arches were removed from the Christmas section of the boneyard. Which doesn't help much.

EPCOT Explorer

I do not want to spread misinformation, so I did a follow-up call. Just asked for facts, not assumptions. The arches were moved from the x-mas section a while ago and it was assumed that they were getting painted and perhaps fitted for LEDs.

So I do not really know anything other than the arches were removed from the Christmas section of the boneyard. Which doesn't help much.
If that IS the case...WHY would they do that now? Everything else gets it's refurbs/maint in the summer months, while there is TIME to do so. Last min. makes so sense, seeing they had all damn year.:rolleyes::lol:

Something isn't lining up.

EPCOT Explorer

My first Holidays at WDW.... no arches = guest relations....
:(

I know how you feel. Same here, but I was lucky enough to see them on my 2006 Band Trip of Hell.:lookaroun:lol: This was to be my first "official" trip...was looking forward to actually seeing and getting to WATCH the lights.

hpyhnt 1000

My first Holidays at WDW.... no arches = guest relations....

I'll be right behind you, as will many others I'm sure. :( I don't care if they are repainting them/putting LEDs in; ______ EE said, there are 11 months before the holiday season. That was the time to do that. Saying you are refurbing them during the holidays is not and will not be an acceptable excuse.

JerseySkiddie

I have never gone to guest relations to complain. If there are LoW they will be getting a visit from me. I won't be one of those crazy people who scream at the poor CM behind the desk... but I'll file my complaint with the powers that be... not that it will do that much.

I hope we're all worried for nothing and things will turn out for the best!

EpcotServo

You finally REALLY did it...YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! Gosh darn you...DARN YOU ALL TO HECK!

*Fade Out*

*Cast of Characters*

Charlton Heston as Me

Roddy McDowell as Spaceship Earth

Seriously though, COME ON! First they came for my Country Bear Christmas...Next they come for my Lights of Winter.

If they take away my Spectacle of Lights, there will be officially no reason to celebrate the holidays at WDW.
:brick:

This is one of the typical half-arsed descions made in that grey area that separates the lower people who care, and the higher people who don't. Basically this had to come purely from Epcot's side of things. (Seriously, don't look at Studios, they didn't have anything to do with this. :lol:)

But yeah. My top three favorite Christmas-Magic-Feelings came in this order...#3-Country Bear Christmas...#2-Lights Of Winter...#1-Spectacle of Lights.

Without the lights, I'm really at a loss as it what makes Holidays around the World so special any more...I mean, Candlelight is impossible to see now that they sell it off wih dining packages, so this year it looks like the last refuge of Christmas Spirit will be Studios...Thankfully Studios holds it's Xmas Traditions in very very high regard...The day they say "No More Lights" there will be a revolt in Studios, just you wait and see...:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

You and I might see each other there, if your travel dates are still the same!:wave::lol::lookaroun

Great! We'll form an angry mob and storm guest relations! :lol:

Currently scheduled for the 17th to coincide for my mom's birthday. Judging from your countdown clock, I think you're the day after...

EPCOT Explorer

You finally REALLY did it...YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! Gosh darn you...DARN YOU ALL TO HECK!

*Fade Out*

*Cast of Characters*

Charlton Heston as Me

Roddy McDowell as Spaceship Earth

Seriously though, COME ON! First they came for my Country Bear Christmas...Next they come for my Lights of Winter.

If they take away my Spectacle of Lights, there will be officially no reason to celebrate the holidays at WDW.
:brick:

This is one of the typical half-arsed descions made in that grey area that separates the lower people who care, and the higher people who don't. Basically this had to come purely from Epcot's side of things. (Seriously, don't look at Studios, they didn't have anything to do with this. :lol:)

But yeah. My top three favorite Christmas-Magic-Feelings came in this order...#3-Country Bear Christmas...#2-Lights Of Winter...#1-Spectacle of Lights.

Without the lights, I'm really at a loss as it what makes Holidays around the World so special any more...I mean, Candlelight is impossible to see now that they sell it off wih dining packages, so this year it looks like the last refuge of Christmas Spirit will be Studios...Thankfully Studios holds it's Xmas Traditions in very very high regard...The day they say "No More Lights" there will be a revolt in Studios, just you wait and see...:lol:
This isn't a revolt?:lookaroun

Agreed in full, however...Though, PoE still exists for EPCOT.

Great! We'll form an angry mob and storm guest relations! :lol:

Currently scheduled for the 17th to coincide for my mom's birthday. Judging from your countdown clock, I think you're the day after...
Two days, maybe. Still looking at MVMCP. :D

You know...where they HAVE LIGHTS.:fork:

Disneyson 1

Well, at least we can still take some sort of refuge in the Holidays around the world and the tree PLUS the fantastic Illuminations tag. PLUS we have Castle Dreamlights and the parade and the MVMCP and the fireworks in MK PLUS the tree and parade overlay in AK PLUS the Spectacle and various decor and the new Luxo animation in DHS. I think we'll live, especially if they still get the FoN to preform to christmas songs.

EPCOT Explorer

Well, at least we can still take some sort of refuge in the Holidays around the world and the tree. PLUS we have Castle Dreamlights and the parade PLUS the tree and parade overlay in AK PLUS the Spectacle. I think we'll live, especially if they still get the FoN to preform to christmas songs.
Half those things are not in EPCOT...and this was considered the Centerpiece for the whole event.:shrug:

Disneyson 1

^ I thought the Illuminations tag was the real event. I forgot that in my list! It's still a shame, though. But not something that I'd make a VISIT to see; the Spectacle took it's place.

EpcotServo

Half those things are not in EPCOT...and this was considered the Centerpiece for the whole event.:shrug:

I know! Without The Lights, Epcot has no competition against Studios...And if those two aren't dukeing it out for yuletide joy, what becomes of the natural order? Will Magic Kingdom still be the last one in the race simply because they charge people to come in after hours to get practically nothing? And what of Animal Kingdom, who doesn't get alot of decoration, but excels simply because it's even awesomer when the weather is cool? Dogs and Cats, living together! Mass Hysteria!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom