Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

EPCOT Explorer

I can honestly say when I was there the FoN wasn't really doing much of anything, at least during the day. In fact, the larger jets weren't going off at all. Now, one of the days it was raining, so maybe WDW didn't want to add to the misery, but I was very disappointed in the fountain. And I'm the type of guy who could just stand there for hours watching that show...
So...it's malfunctioning, again? :lol: Great.

Actually, I feel Project Gemini had some interesting concepts that, frankly, I wish had been executed. At least it would have been a change that would have gotten people's attention. The biggest thing that bothered me about the Project was the horrible 'Discoveryland' rename.
I wanted it, but ONLY for greenery and aesthetics. From what I understand, it would have been visually stunning.
NO im not vintageepcot. I just defended the cut backs in Epcot LOL. That username is still in use isn't it?

Yeah, he is a active member.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Actually, I feel Project Gemini had some interesting concepts that, frankly, I wish had been executed. At least it would have been a change that would have gotten people's attention. The biggest thing that bothered me about the Project was the horrible 'Discoveryland' rename.

I know I have said it a million times... but I liked a LOT of aspects of Project Gemini! FW needs more trees and shade... badly!! All that searing concrete with no shade in August is killer :dazzle:

Tear down those tarps... and put in some more trees and a couple of water features! That would make me very happy. :)

BroganMc

heres the replacement for the lights of winter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXep8YMexKo. I am pretty sure quires were invented before the obsolete Lights of winter and having to pay the quire which is probably more expensive to put up the archways and take them down. Just my thinking but I could be wrong.

Yup, I thought my dad would hate it. I don't think I'll even bother going into FutureWorld this weekend. Countries by way of International Gateway is enough.

So what happens when it rains like it's supposed to Friday & Saturday? FutureWorld becomes an even deader dead zone.

I hope the folks in charge of this year's entertainment get demoted.

jchargu3

I'm going to DAK Saturday

I'm hoping it'll be more impressive then EPCOT was...

I looked through all the photos taken that day, I'm not even in the mood to run them through lightroom to process and raw > jpg convert because they are so disappointing

I think this may be the first time I delete a set of disney photos from epcot :(

EPCOT Explorer

I know I have said it a million times... but I liked a LOT of aspects of Project Gemini! FW needs more trees and shade... badly!! All that searing concrete with no shade in August is killer :dazzle:

Tear down those tarps... and put in some more trees and a couple of water features! That would make me very happy. :)

Yeah, I liked the aesthetic ideas....That was about it.:lookaroun:lol:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I dont know why I am mistaken for Vintage Epcot. Maybe we have some similarities in our point of views but I was never a user or an owner of that username.

I think it might be because of your similar writing "styles". (I use that term loosely) :lol:

Wonder if it is because both of you use the great spelling of the word "busyness" when writing on here :lookaroun

That's a generational error. Spelling is a lost art. Do they still even teach it in schools?? :brick:

EPCOT Explorer

It has come to my attention that Francois Leroux, WDW's VP of Entertainment might be responsible for this, along with other managers in EPCOT.

Email time, again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom