Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

hpyhnt 1000

I like those lights better than the Osbourne Lights because they would play to the music. The old Osbourne Lights setup was the best before the stunt show.

I agree. The Osbourne Lights seemed to have become an exercise in, "How many lights can we cram on a building?" At a certain point, it ceases to look pretty and just becomes excessive. The LoW had a nice elegance to them; large enough to give you a sense of wonder and size, but small enough that it didn't overwhelm or look excessive.

hpyhnt 1000

Sorry, but I prefer that...
:lol:

*Not an endorsement for no Lights of Winter...Just sayin' Spectacle is great.

I was wondering when you would come to rebut my remark. :lol:

To each his own. I like Christmas lights as much as the next person, but only to a certain point. :wave:

harryk

I was wondering when you would come to rebut my remark. :lol:

To each his own. I like Christmas lights as much as the next person, but only to a certain point. :wave:

You are soooooo correct .. It is excessive and has lost it's original charm.
With the loss of the houses in the backstage tour being decorated it has become just a mass of lights. After seeing the original it is now just too much.

EPCOT Explorer

I agree. The Osbourne Lights seemed to have become an exercise in, "How many lights can we cram on a building?" At a certain point, it ceases to look pretty and just becomes excessive. The LoW had a nice elegance to them; large enough to give you a sense of wonder and size, but small enough that it didn't overwhelm or look excessive.

I agree. It's great and all, but you feel a tad blind after walking out. :lol: It burns your rentina .

PhotoDave219

I found out that the LOW cancellation was done by a Entertainment manager, he was responsible for prepping them, painting them, and getting them ready for use, but he came up with a way to cut costs and save money. In fact, I heard he was proud of it also. Maybe he will be expecting a Christmas bonus.

Thats how Disney management works. You get rewarded and then promoted for said behavior.

Now.... You wouldn't happen to have a name and an email address for said douchebag, now would you?

PhotoDave219

Have you not seen "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?"

This Osbourne guy took that movie a little too seriously with the Christmas Light scenes and ... well there's a sign that explains the rest.

puntagordabob

Thats how Disney management works. You get rewarded and then promoted for said behavior.

Now.... You wouldn't happen to have a name and an email address for said douchebag, now would you?

Id like to give said manager a Bonus: A Free Rocket Ride, non-stop service to the Center of the Sun. Seriously, for someone to cut something with nothing to replace it that is "plussed or better" is not something to be proud of... He/She is fortunate that they are not my subordinate....their Bonus would be a JOB TERMINATION NOTICE and a suggestion that he should seek employment at Wal-Mart as a Door Greeter. :)

Horizonstta

????!!!!! Are you serious??? Why on earth cut out the holiday music as you leave the park? :brick:Does it really cost that much extra to change the exit music playlist for the holidays?

The music reverts to the holiday loop that normally plays. So you do hear holiday music as you exit the park, just not the LOW loop as in previous years.

hpyhnt 1000

The music reverts to the holiday loop that normally plays. So you do hear holiday music as you exit the park, just not the LOW loop as in previous years.

Oh okay...well, thats not as bad as I thought then...:eek:

How about the pavilions? Do they remain lit after RoE? And any news on whether the FoN still dances to Christmas music?

EPCOTPluto

I found out that the LOW cancellation was done by a Entertainment manager, he was responsible for prepping them, painting them, and getting them ready for use, but he came up with a way to cut costs and save money. In fact, I heard he was proud of it also. Maybe he will be expecting a Christmas bonus.

Also, all the years before, after ROE was finished and all the countries remained lit up and they are showing the different christmas wishes on SSE. They would play LOW music as everyone walked out, so now the cut the LOW music also. So now walk out music only lasts a couple of minutes then go to regular BGM. Entertainment is definitely taking this cost cutting too far.
:brick: Unbelievable on that manager's behalf. Hope that he is fired & LoW returns next year. :mad: Corporate America indeed!

Yet around 6pm, Fountain of Nations begins its usual quarterly shows after being dormant for the day. Would they use the LoW music in this case? And guess I am not the only ones to wonder about so...

So I guess the fountains are not dancing to the LoW track? Has anyone been there after dark to see if it switches over?

And any news on whether the FoN still dances to Christmas music?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think the person is asking about this year -- was definetely done in prior years.

No one seems to know about the FoN dancing to the LoW track :shrug:

Guess I'll find out in two days.

I don't know for sure, but I am thinking the answer will be no. LoW and all it's components is completely out.

vintageepcot

I think the person is asking about this year -- was definitely done in prior years.

No one seems to know about the FoN dancing to the LoW track :shrug:

Guess I'll find out in two days.

The music loop changes so I am assuming it all does.
I don't know for sure, but I am thinking the answer will be no. LoW and all it's components is completely out.

Maybe not; the Lights of winter also go off to the regular music at some point. Do you really think so I think it would all transform. The music conversion is computerized and probably takes minutes to do. Wouldn't you think so :shrug:.

EPCOT Explorer

:brick: Unbelievable on that manager's behalf. Hope that he is fired & LoW returns next year. :mad: Corporate America indeed!

Yet around 6pm, Fountain of Nations begins its usual quarterly shows after being dormant for the day. Would they use the LoW music in this case? And guess I am not the only ones to wonder about so...

FoN won't be on during the day?! Why?

....DeVine?:fork::rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom