Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

EPCOT Explorer

Most likely. Since 9am, it was off.

I hope that the Fountain does dance to LoW's music after 6pm, but no one has been there late enough to confirm...

UGHHHHHH....:fork:

That's really a shame. I certainly hope that FoN will be performing at night. Always nice to walk out after RoE to see the Fountain dance.

COProgressFan

Most likely. Since 9am, it was off.

I hope that the Fountain does dance to LoW's music after 6pm, but no one has been there late enough to confirm...

As of this weekend, none of LoW music was being played anywhere. Not for fountain shows, and not after the Illuminations, as has traditionally been done in past years. :(

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I do too. They've really effed up Holiday entertainment for EC this year.

Everything in Epcot is going down hill. Just face it this isn't going to stop Epcot is not in a good direction. We enjoyed it once and we can fight for it back but we are lucky that we got to experience all those great days that most never got to see; some of them will only go there once and never again. It is sad to say it and I feel like I gave up a fight but thats the truth. It is almost like we only go to Epcot to get the feel that we once had back again and go by past memories that will never be lived again.

mickeysaver

WTH? Entertainment in 2009 gave us the Galactic Stitch Disaster Show at MK and took away our LoW and totally messed up Epcot at the holidays. Someone in Entertainment needs a swift kick in the behind. I need an email address for the specific morons responsible for these decisions not some TDO addy.

marcriss

I got a generic response to my letter about LoW. They used the"obsolete" excuse and directed me to the CP and Storytellers. I'll give them my opinion on their excuse in person this weekend:fork:

The Disney Kid

I got a generic response to my letter about LoW. They used the"obsolete" excuse and directed me to the CP and Storytellers. I'll give them my opinion on their excuse in person this weekend:fork:

Well then, use the "obsolete" technology. It worked, and looked beautiful, for years. That excuse is no excuse.

BTW, an excuse is the skin of a reason stuffed with a lie.

EPCOT Explorer

Everything in Epcot is going down hill. Just face it this isn't going to stop Epcot is not in a good direction. We enjoyed it once and we can fight for it back but we are lucky that we got to experience all those great days that most never got to see; some of them will only go there once and never again. It is sad to say it and I feel like I gave up a fight but thats the truth. It is almost like we only go to Epcot to get the feel that we once had back again and go by past memories that will never be lived again.
EPCOT has certainly departed from it's original goals, you are right. However, it had to, and it is, IMHO, heading in a better direction that it was in 2003....even with the addition of certain....fish.:lookaroun
I suspect we can all point back to one entertainment manager for all this.

I agree. There was a delicate balance, and he or she stepped on it.:rolleyes::mad:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It almost feels like they lost money when they changed everything. Now they changed it all and everyones disappointed. This my friends this is probably the lowest point in life epcot has ever gotten to and probably do to a few mistakes I am guessing; but then do see some effort but then there are some ups and downs. Disney is a busyness; they could have seen this recession coming when we started noticing its downfalls forcing them to cut back and conserve money to keep the parks running as good as they can. I noticed some things go down after 911. When the economy builds back up again maybe we will see an epcot restored to its former glory. The cheap changes are not as liked but the old could have been a ticking time bomb ready to break and no money to fix it and that would be just as big of a complaint. There could be a day where we can see an epcot as good as the 90's where all the rides are them selves, as good or maybe better. Maybe we can say they are only about money or maybe we just have to sit back and wait, this ending of the recession could grant our wishes. Our towns and busyness are falling apart, For all I know we should be thankful that Disney is the way it is today.

EPCOT Explorer

It almost feels like they lost money when they changed everything. Now they changed it all and everyones disappointed. This my friend is the lowest point in life epcot has ever gotten to and probably do to a few mistakes I am guessing; but then do see some effort but then there are some ups and downs. Disney is a busyness; they could have seen this recession coming when we started noticing its downfalls forcing them to cut back and conserve money to keep the parks running as good as they can. I noticed some things go down after 911. When the economy builds back up again maybe we will see an epcot restored to its former glory. The cheap changes are not as liked but the old could have been a ticking time bomb ready to break and no money to fix it and that would be just as big of a complaint. There could be a day where we can see an epcot as good as the 90's where all the rides are them selves, as good or maybe better. Maybe we can say they are only about money or maybe we just have to sit back and wait, this ending of the recession could grant our wishes. Our towns and busyness are falling apart, For all I know we should be thankful that Disney is the way it is today.
VintageEpcot? :lookaroun

Seriously, it could be worse, even with what they have now.

Remember Project Gemini?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Shame. Was the fountain at least doing it's regular shows?

I can honestly say when I was there the FoN wasn't really doing much of anything, at least during the day. In fact, the larger jets weren't going off at all. Now, one of the days it was raining, so maybe WDW didn't want to add to the misery, but I was very disappointed in the fountain. And I'm the type of guy who could just stand there for hours watching that show...

hpyhnt 1000

VintageEpcot? :lookaroun

Seriously, it could be worse, even with what they have now.

Remember Project Gemini?

Actually, I feel Project Gemini had some interesting concepts that, frankly, I wish had been executed. At least it would have been a change that would have gotten people's attention. The biggest thing that bothered me about the Project was the horrible 'Discoveryland' rename.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom