Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

EPCOT Explorer

Remember, no murder. We don't murder. And no mobbing with those dirty shoes on inside the house! Have fun you Kids!

:lol:

All I want to do, seriously, is to go into the TDO Building and ask to talk to them. And give them a talking to. Seriously. That would be hysterical.:lol:

What's the format for WDW Emails, again?

jt04

It has come to my attention that Francois Leroux, WDW's VP of Entertainment might be responsible for this, along with other managers in EPCOT.

Email time, again?

Yeah, cause that is working wonders. :rolleyes:

:brick:

By the way, I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but could there have been a security/safety issue with the structure being so close to the monorail line or with the actual stability of the structure itself?

In other words could some drunken reveler have climbed it and got near the monorail or even onto the beam? Or could there have been an issue with the struture itself and Disney lawyers or OSHA have declared it unsafe?

It did kind of look like if one or two of the parts broke the thing could collapse like dominos. Just some possibilities I think we need to consider.

EPCOT Explorer

By the way, I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but could there have been a security/safety issue with the structure being so close to the monorail line or with the actual stability of the structure itself?

In other words could some drunken reveler have climbed it and got near the monorail or even onto the beam? Or could there have been an issue with the struture itself and Disney lawyers or OSHA have declared it unsafe?

It did kind of look like if one or two of the parts broke the thing could collapse like dominos. Just some possibilities I think we need to consider.
Emails and letters help. Look at Disneyland. :rolleyes::brick:

By the way, I think that the Monorail idea is pretty much bunk, seeing that the monorail wouldn't be THAT close, and that this choice was made by ENTERTAINMENT....not someone in Maintenance that would have deemed it unsafe.

s8film40

In other words could some drunken reveler have climbed it and got near the monorail or even onto the beam?

You make a very good point, I hope they realize there going to need to dismantle the Contemporary hotel as well for this reason.:)

But seriously though they already gave an excuse it was "Obsolete Technology" I'm sure if any of the excuses you listed were actually the case they would have used those, as all of them make more sense than what they went with. If they were as creative as you are we might have heard one of those excuses instead of "Obsolete Technology".

jt04

Emails and letters help. Look at Disneyland. :rolleyes::brick:

By the way, I think that the Monorail idea is pretty much bunk, seeing that the monorail wouldn't be THAT close, and that this choice was made by ENTERTAINMENT....not someone in Maintenance that would have deemed it unsafe.

So we are told.

And it doesn't rule out OSHA.

I just thought of something. Sorry if this has been mentioned. But what if Entertainment decided to at least partly fund the Stitch Stage by eliminating the LoW. :shrug::mad:

If that is the case someone should be fired immediately. IMO. :fork:

EPCOT Explorer

You make a very good point, I hope they realize there going to need to dismantle the Contemporary hotel as well for this reason.:)

But seriously though they already gave an excuse it was "Obsolete Technology" I'm sure if any of the excuses you listed were actually the case they would have used those, as all of them make more sense than what they went with. If they were as creative as you are we might have heard one of those excuses instead of "Obsolete Technology".

:sohappy::lol::lol:

Honestly, the safety excuse, while still a lame excuse would have been a far better one than the technology one.

It would have been a much more viable reason.

EPCOT Explorer

So we are told.

And it doesn't rule out OSHA.

I just thought of something. Sorry if this has been mentioned. But what if Entertainment decided to at least partly fund the Stitch Stage by eliminating the LoW. :shrug::mad:

I guess not.:shrug:

Stitch vs. LoW? I don't know if budgets are transferable like that, and I doubt it...but I don't know, it would not surprise me. Nothing would, at this point.

And yes, I agree with you on their termination.

TURKEY

I thought you said it was too religious. :rolleyes:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

By the way, I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but could their have been a security/safety issue with the structure being so close to the monorail line or with the actual stability of the structure itself?

That is a possibility; on the other hand then they could make guards around the beams that are to smooth to climb. Besides arrant they bolted into the ground, those ground platforms are there all year around I dont think those lights of winter would even fall in a tornado. Check that out on your next trip to Epcot.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That is a possibility; on the other hand then they could make guards around the beams that are to smooth to climb. Besides arrant they bolted into the ground, those ground platforms are there all year around I dont think those lights of winter would even fall in a tornado. Check that out on your next trip to Epcot.

That has got to be the most hard to comprehend post that I've read in a while.

I don't expect perfect grammar and spelling, but to have almost every other word be a typo, spelling error, or grammatical error is simply lazy and caused by either ignorance or not proof-reading. I hope it's the latter.

You have been accused of being a different poster because of this very similar posting "STYLE". So....either admit you are the same person or straighten up your act.

EPCOT Explorer

Just another excuse. I'm sure they had plans in PAST YEARS if weather were to arise....Which it did.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, I did go to Guest Relations. I did ask to complain about LOW.

I didn`t get fobbed off. The CM asked me to wait whilst he brought up his LOW comments page on his screen. And then allowed me to dictate word for word my thoughts. He then thanked me for "taking the time to comment, we CMs appreciate guests comments like these since we CMs ensure management see them" - spoken with a wink.

Turns out the comments screen runs to over 110 pages. You can find it on the portal if you have access. And I suspect they will return next year ;)

I also complained about the fountain being deactivated due to the band equipment on the stage. As if LOW wasn`t enough.

EPCOT Explorer

I didn`t get fobbed off. The CM asked me to wait whilst he brought up his LOW comments page on his screen. And then allowed me to dictate word for word my thoughts. He then thanked me for "taking the time to comment, we CMs appreciate guests comments like these since we CMs ensure management see them" - spoken with a wink.

Turns out the comments screen runs to over 110 pages. You can find it on the portal if you have access. And I suspect they will return next year ;)

I also complained about the fountain being deactivated due to the band equipment on the stage. As if LOW wasn`t enough.
Welcome back!

Is FoN completly gone?! :fork: Not even at night? That's terrible....I love seeing that thing.

dxwwf3

Wow. If Disney does care about what the fans think (which I'm not convinced of), there's no doubt something similar will be there next year. I guarantee they didn't expect the outrage to pour out like this.

PhotoDave219

You're really reaching there.

Why would a decision reguarding MK construction be funded by an Epcot Entertainment budget?

Different park, different GM, different budget and totally different department.

PhotoDave219

God bless that British tact and reserve. It got somewhere as opposed to our internet .

hpyhnt 1000

Well, good to know people have been speaking out. I'll be adding my comment in 11 days. :)

And welcome back!

epcotluver1982

I spoke out at least 10 times during our trip about the loW

The fountain is what made me the most upset!! i swear if they don't bring back both the LOW and the fountain, i'm going to the bellagio with the family to see their fountains next year! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom