Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

_Scar

Are people aloud to complain about Lights of Winter, but not Space Mountain?

:p

Hope, in the end, they DON'T put up these lights and they see the fan's uproar which may drive them to create an even better show to make up for the absense of them this year.... a stretch, but not impossible.

EPCOT Explorer

Hope, in the end, they DON'T put up these lights and they see the fan's uproar which may drive them to create an even better show to make up for the absense of them this year.... a stretch, but not impossible.
SM isn't open yet. Give us time.:rolleyes::lol:

TimNRA757

I dont' see much of a reason to complain about SM other than that they didn't give us an AP preview... It's been a great ride throughout the years and was before it closed and will still be when it reopens. They didn't take it away, they just did what needs to be done once in a while where they fell behind.

As far as the lights coming back better next year, that'd be awesome, but if they were to do that I'd like to know that now and I'm sure Disney would tell us now to try and calm us down. Right now I'm more upset than I have been in a while. This goes right up there with 20K.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

I'm not trying to start a debate, but wasn't that the thinking behind their getting rid of The Night Before Christmas show and replacing it with some insipid Stitch cr#p?

Next Big Thing

The most BS part about this whole thing about them being technologically outdated and such, besides the fact that they could easily update them, is that over in Tokyo they installed a technologically updated lights of winter, new for this holiday season.

TalkingHead

My family noticed last year that the Xmas decorations were not as plentiful as they had been in years past. We'll be going again this year, and I'm sure without the LoW, it'll look even less festive.

This is a perfect example of why I no longer have an AP. I would feel completely gyped paying for Disney today. If the quality was even the WDW of 10 years ago, I and my family probably would be passholders.

The official excuse---outdated technology---is such an insult, if there was ever a time to boycott these pompous pr!cks, it'd be now!

raven

Did they happen to say why?

They never tell us why.

My family noticed last year that the Xmas decorations were not as plentiful as they had been in years past. We'll be going again this year, and I'm sure without the LoW, it'll look even less festive.

They were out in full force last night putting up both large tree's and decking out pavilions and will be doing more tonight. You will definately notice the festive decor, not to worry.

hpyhnt 1000

A OFFICIAL RESPONSE:

Pure BS. They could have upgraded them.:fork:

No kidding its pure BS. Give me a break; "obsolete" technology? Hey, idiots over at TDO: its called UPGRADING!

I can't wait until they suddenly re-announce the lights next year and say "We've been planning this all along"...

They would do that...

It would be a load of crap.... but not impossible.

Yes, it most certainly would.

:fork:

TinkIce

As far as the lights coming back better next year, that'd be awesome, but if they were to do that I'd like to know that now and I'm sure Disney would tell us now to try and calm us down. Right now I'm more upset than I have been in a while. This goes right up there with 20K.

This. Right now, it sounds like Disney doesn't even care, and isn't even gonna attempt to do anything about it. They're just gonna leave those arches sitting there in a pile of weeds until they rust away from the Florida humidity :brick:

I think this is the first time in my life when I've been truly upset with Disney enough to question their way of thinking. No, I take that back, this is the second time, meaning Disney has two strikes against them from me now (the first time was the death of 2D animation).

My mom's already considering going in January instead of December from now on. And I REALLY want my Christmas fix of Disney :fork:

TalkingHead

They never tell us why.

They were out in full force last night putting up both large tree's and decking out pavilions and will be doing more tonight. You will definately notice the festive decor, not to worry.

Last year I didn't notice many decorations in the Land pavilion, yet I know 4-5 years ago there were plenty of decorations in there, too.

And the tree will be nice, I'm sure, but I doubt it will compare to the tree and the corridor of lights leading up to it.

EPCOT Explorer

Twitter assault!! :lol: :sohappy: :sohappy: :xmas: :lookaroun
YES!!!:lol:

*fires off a volley*

This is a perfect example of why I no longer have an AP. I would feel completely gyped paying for Disney today. If the quality was even the WDW of 10 years ago, I and my family probably would be passholders.

The official excuse---outdated technology---is such an insult, if there was ever a time to boycott these pompous pr!cks, it'd be now!
:sohappy:

And yeah....EPCOT is going to have nothing, save for a tree this year. :(

Busch Gardens does better! :eek:

TURKEY

Just so everyone knows, they've put up a video of Veteran's Day honorings, which have pushed the 150+ posts to a 2nd page.

It's time to start an assault on another blog - not the Veteran's post. I'd recommend the Disney Dream, Verizon app, and the Space Mountain posts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom