Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

EPCOT Explorer

Considering the non-existant tree lighting ceremony is highlighted, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is a 'copy and paste' error from previous years of the holiday guide. I'm guessing someone didn't take the time to write fresh copy based on this years press release, or just assumed things would be as they should be.
True, miscommunication like that is all too common in Disney.:brick:

What to think?

Mecha Figment

Well I don't know about the lights being in the parking lot, but as of a few weeks ago I noticed the lights stacked together and sitting on a back stage road with some old Backlot tour vehicles, on the access road between the main guest parking lot and the cast Parking lot.

tirian

Guess I should have said the question was rhetorical.

BTW, I hear there are some new bathrooms that are very photogenic, but alas no new DVCs ... for a while.

I will be christening said bathrooms this Saturday; by drinking enough water, I should be able to use a bottle of white wine.

:lookaroun

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
We are now at 29 comments on the Disney Parks week in review blog. Hopefully someone will notice and let us know why they have made this terrible decision.

EPCOT Explorer

I will be christening said bathrooms this Saturday; by drinking enough water, I should be able to use a bottle of white wine.

:lookaroun
:ROFLOL:
We are now at 29 comments on the Disney Parks week in review blog. Hopefully someone will notice and let us know why they have made this terrible decision.
Thomas Smith must be very puzzled.:drevil:

"LoW?! What's that!? *looks at DL map*"

:lookaroun:lol:

kennygman

The sad reality is that Disney really doesn't care what FANS think of WDW. They see all the "First Visit" buttons and get enamoured with them. You can complain via email, snail mail, phone and in person but they will do what they wish. They have become too big to hear complaints. That is why it is so difficult to find an email address that provides more than form replies.

DisneyJoe

The sad reality is that Disney really doesn't care what FANS think of WDW. They see all the "First Visit" buttons and get enamoured with them.

Thus my suggestion to remove the fact that Main Street USA was an AP holder from his very well written letter.

It's my believe that in the overall scheme of things that non-fans spend much more money than fans do. Even though we take many trips, we are constantly looking for ways to spend less and less.

That is why it is so difficult to find an email address that provides more than form replies.

I know many people, including myself, who have emailed them and received phone call responses.

RiversideBunny

Is there thinking like this going on with Disney management:

"Well, a large portion of our guests in December are first-time visitors so they won't notice that anything is missing."

Surely they can't be using such logic.

Or maybe it's"

"We already have the Christmas tree and the decorations and we have Illuminations so why have Lights of Winter also? It only causes a traffic jam on the bridge and costs a lot to put up, operate, and remove."

Surely they can't be using such logic. (& Don't call me Surely)

:)

RiversideBunny

Isn't cancelling the Lights of Winter a breach of contract?
Thousands of guests have already made their reservations for a December trip to WDW based on seeing all the Christmas decorations and lights.
There was no prior warning, given early in the year, that the Lights of Winter will not be there as they have been for many consecutive years.
It's a major, and well advertised, part of the Christmas experience at WDW that people expect.

:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom