Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

DisneyJoe

Isn't canceling the Lights of Winter a breach of contract?

Read the back of your theme park ticket for Disney's contract with you; I believe similar language is used in all hotel vouchers.

They can basically change anything at anytime and not owe you a thing.

From MYW Package terms and conditions - Package Attraction Tickets:

Parks, restaurants, attractions, recreation, entertainment, and other products, services or items are subject to change without notice, cancellation, and may close temporarily due to refurbishing, capacity, inclement weather or special events and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort.

RiversideBunny

Read the back of your theme park ticket for Disney's contract with you; I believe similar language is used in all hotel vouchers.

They can basically change anything at anytime and not owe you a thing.

From MYW Package terms and conditions - Package Attraction Tickets:

Parks, restaurants, attractions, recreation, entertainment, and other products, services or items are subject to change without notice, cancellation, and may close temporarily due to refurbishing, capacity, inclement weather or special events and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort.

Yeah, I know.
We can still call it a breach of faith, though.
They have broken an implied promise to the guests.
:)

MousDad

I was going to post over at the Parks Blog, but I see they prohibit posts that are "antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet."

So frankly, I'm not sure if I'm welcome over there. :lol:

Daannzzz

Disney has responded. The new Lights of Winter are up.

319918253_7f01f64c8d.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

I was going to post over at the Parks Blog, but I see they prohibit posts that are "antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet."

So frankly, I'm not sure if I'm welcome over there. :lol:
You would be surprised what they let up.:rolleyes::lookaroun

nbodyhome

There are many things that Disney has cut over the past years:

Country Bear Christmas

Complimentary photo/button at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Annual Passholder Days at the Osborne Lights

Candelight Processional Dinner Package extras like a pin/lanyard and shopping discounts

Wilderness Lodge train display (my favorite of the resort displays).

Green and red lights on the Contemporary.

Now the Lights of Winter are going.

Disney HAS added as well - like the Christmas Castle Lighting, and more lights to the Osborne's.

diddy_mouse

Unfortunately I have not been able to read through the majority of this thread but I wanted to go ahead and respond anyway.

I saw Lights of Winter for the first time back in '07 which was also the first time my husband and I visited WDW during the holidays. I thought it was a really lovely display and really set the mood for the holiday season at one of my favorite parks. It's interesting to see how much things have changed since we were there. Am I disappointed? Yes, more so for those who have not had a chance to see them. But it won't keep me from visiting WDW.

Captain Hank

It's official. The Lights of Winter will not be pefromed this year, nor are there current plans to present them at any time in the future. Instead, a new group will be debuting at Epcot: “D’Vine Voices,” which is a Gospel choir. The group will perform from Nov. 27 through Dec. 26 on the Fountain of Nations Stage.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's official. The Lights of Winter will not be pefromed this year, nor are there current plans to present them at any time in the future. Instead, a new group will be debuting at Epcot: “D’Vine Voices,” which is a Gospel choir. The group will perform from Nov. 27 through Dec. 26 on the Fountain of Nations Stage.

New entertainment groups are great, but it's no replacement for something like Lights of Winter, nor can it be viwed as such.

WDWFigment

Can you post your first reply if you still have it? :lol: How did they deny you?

I agree in full with you take on this..and those pics are fantastic!

I no longer have it. Wasn't all that much different than what I posted. I think they have multiple moderators, so usually if what I write doesn't get through the first time (I've been denied like 5 times now), I just change it a little and try again. Much worse has gotten through since my post.

Thanks for the kind words on the pictures. Hopefully seeing the gallery will demonstrate to first time guests stumbling upon WDWMagic just what they'll be missing, and they too will speak their minds to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom