Let's talk baseball

wdwhoneymooner

Congrats to the Boston Red Sox!!! I need to move more often... both times now they've swept in the World Series following me moving to another state. :lol:

Same here. We moved in '02 and the Sox win two rings, the Pats win two rings and the Celtics look real good (on paper). Now the BC Eagles are ranked #2.......if it keeps up like this, I guess we'll keep away from Boston.

WDWFREAK53

Was there any "fine print" to read on that offer? Surely they capped the amount or something to limit their possible liability.

I called on it...and they only thing that they checked on was the date. The lady said that I would be receiving a check in the mail after I mail in the rebate which is on the receipt!

At first I asked if there was any "not included with this promotion" items and she said that there were but it was "added" things to sets. For instance...a dining set that includes 4 chairs...and you bought 6...the extra 2 wouldn't be included.

That was it though...

My boss came in and was telling me that he completely furnished his nephew's new condo for him and it fell under the deal and he's getting $7,000 back.

http://www.furnituretoday.com/article/CA6495082.html?industryid=23192&industry=Retail

Timmay

Well, dissapointed in the Rox performance during the series game 1 and a little with game 3. They just couldn't get the bats going, and it does look like the 8 day lay off hurt more than I though it would.

Nice series by the Red Sox.

WDWFREAK53

Rolling Rally starts at noon tomorrow!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

They're stopping at City Hall Plaza this time around instead of continuing down the Charles.

(Very similar to the previous Patriots rallies)

WDWFREAK53

Unhappy with this year's playoff schedule?

Staying up a little too late to watch the most important games of the year?

Easy and cheap solution...

Mail your free tacos to Bud Selig :)

:lookaroun

Number_6

Season is over (thank God).

What happens to:

Lowell?
Sox say that they want to sign him back on. Hopefully, they'll come to some agreement.
Schilling?
Don't know that he'll be coming back. But, he accomplished what he set out to do when he came to Boston... twice now. And he'll always be loved in Beantown now, unless he were to sign with the Yankees. Then he's just evil. ;)
Boston OF?
I'd say keep everybody we have in that outfield, because some of them are really great defensive players, some are really great hitters, and some are both.
A-Rod?
Probably end up on the Angels or the Cubs, since both teams are willing to shell out big bucks for players. The Angels he would have less pressure because of how the fan base is and he wouldn't be dealing with the curse of the goat.
Yankee manager?
Looks like it's Joe Girardi.
Posada?
Torre's gone, A-Rod is leaving, he'll likely see what he can get with Free Agency instead of re-signing with the Yankees.
Petitte?
Possibly retirement. Don't think he'll go back to the Yankees. He might try to sign on someplace for another year or two, but I'm not sure who would sign him. He's a great pitcher, but only when he's healthy which hasn't really been the case in recent years.
Rivera?

Mo Rivera is leaving the Yankees. I seem to recall him saying he would if Torre wasn't back to manage next year. I could see the Red Sox making a play for him just to annoy Steinbrenner.

SpongeScott

Lowell: I don't see how Boston cannot re-sign him after this season and postseason. I know I've heard talk about him not coming back, but how can you not bring him back and save face in the organization?

Schilling: I've heard he's done in Boston. He made small talk hinting about coming to Tampa Bay for a season. I don't know how serious he was, but people here don't want him. He's burned too many bridges to be accepted here and he doesn't fit the Rays' plans.

Boston OF: Manny will play out his contract next year, but what about Crisp and Drew? Boston hates Drew and Crisp was suspect in the playoffs. There was talk of him not coming back. Who could they pick up via free agency for the OF?

Joe Girardi! I'm glad he's the one they hired--he was my pick after Joe left.

Posada: I think he'll be back, much richer.

Petitte: Gone. Either back to the NL or retirement.

Rivera: Gone. I don't think Boston would make a play for him, even to spite the Yankees. They wouldn't pay that kind of money for someone who is probably on the decline, unless they can't find someone to replace Papelbon, assuming he goes into the rotation.

SpongeScott

I actually see A-Rod going to the Marlins. Isn't he from Florida?
Oops, I forgot about A-Rod. I think Buffalo Brian is probably right, Angels or Cubs, more than likely the Angels. However, if he goes to the Angels, watch for a good drop-off in his numbers. It's a pitcher's park in Anaheim and his numbers will suffer. As for going to Florida, I don't think so. That would double the Marlins payroll immediately and I don't see them doing that. But it might get them that new stadium they've wanted for a long time down there.

WDWFREAK53

Oops, I forgot about A-Rod. I think Buffalo Brian is probably right, Angels or Cubs, more than likely the Angels. However, if he goes to the Angels, watch for a good drop-off in his numbers. It's a pitcher's park in Anaheim and his numbers will suffer. As for going to Florida, I don't think so. That would double the Marlins payroll immediately and I don't see them doing that. But it might get them that new stadium they've wanted for a long time down there.

:lol: Buffalo Brian :lol: Will he be in the sequel to the Silence of the Lambs? :lol:

(Easy to decipher to two...I'm Brian...and he's Bryan :D )

I could see him going to the Cubbies.

Number_6

(Easy to decipher to two...I'm Brian...and he's Bryan :D )

At least someone around here remembers that... lol

But anyone that forgets, don't worry about it, there are people I've known since Jr High that still don't get it right sometimes. :lol:

And as far as Boston maybe making a play for Rivera, there was talk of it being a possibility to have him as a setup man/give Papelbon a night off guy. Plus, if either Paps or Okajima get injured, you could do a lot worse than Rivera as your backup plan, even if he is on the decline.

Iakona

Lowell: I don't see how Boston cannot re-sign him after this season and postseason. I know I've heard talk about him not coming back, but how can you not bring him back and save face in the organization?
I would like to see him back, but if he is looking for a 4 year deal I can understand not signing him. Fans can afford to fall in love with players, GMs can't. The Patriots have proven that (Ty Law, Willie McGuiness, lawyer Malloy, etc.) and the Sox should follow suit. I would prefer Lowell to A-Rod. When your team goes down 3-0 or 3-1 it is character and chemistry as much as talent that gets you to a victory in Game 7. Lowell is a character guy, A-rod is a hired gun.

Schilling: I've heard he's done in Boston. He made small talk hinting about coming to Tampa Bay for a season. I don't know how serious he was, but people here don't want him. He's burned too many bridges to be accepted here and he doesn't fit the Rays' plans.

Having said GMs should not fall in love with players; a World Series victory after 86 years and then another 3 years later earns a little love IMHO. Schlling should retire as a member of the Red Sox. make no mistake about it; Beckett may have been the stud this year, but he learned a lot from Schilling last year and I think Buckholtz, Lester and Dice-K would benefit having him around another year.

Boston OF: Manny will play out his contract next year, but what about Crisp and Drew? Boston hates Drew and Crisp was suspect in the playoffs. There was talk of him not coming back. Who could they pick up via free agency for the OF?

Manny - I beleive there is an otpion the Sox can exercise and they should. What's he going to do; demand a trade?
Drew - I really hope my fellows fans give JD Drew a break. His son was in tough shape and I personally don't see how a father concentrates on hitting a ball when your sign is fighting for is life. In addition, Drew came up big in the playoffs. No hate deserved.
Coco is probably done in Boston. WHy do they need someone in free agency? The rooks did awesome.

Rivera: Gone. I don't think Boston would make a play for him, even to spite the Yankees. They wouldn't pay that kind of money for someone who is probably on the decline, unless they can't find someone to replace Papelbon, assuming he goes into the rotation.

Papelbon is the closer. I don't think there will be any talk of him going to the rotation. Rivera; wrong end of the career, besides; we have Gagne!

Don't want him in Boston.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom