Leaving on Friday for WDW, and needing lots of faith, trust and pixie dust!

Disney_Belle

Hey everyone,
My husband and I, and my parents will be arriving in WDW on Friday around 5:00pm, the rest of the family will arrive Saturday afternoon.

But there is something thats getting to me.

As many of you know, one of the things we are celebrating as a family is my parents winning their battles against cancer (My mom had breast cancer in 2007 and my dad had throat cancer in early 2008).

Well unfortunately, my dad has to go in tomorrow. His voice is starting to go again :( He's been waking up every morning with a lot of phlegm like stuff (sorry if its TMI) and it makes him sick sometimes :hurl:. So the doctors think that this stuff is being produced to protect the throat and moisturize it from the few months of radiation he had (luckily neither of my parents needed chemo). So he goes in tomorrow to make sure thats all it is, and they will help get him to get his voice back...

However, the doctors said there is a chance the cancer could have come back (though, thankfully they are leaning toward the other diagnosis). And if it is cancerous, they will be operating tomorrow to get it out. This means he can't speak for a bit and will have to be concious on what he is choosing to eat (he's also diabetic so he already watches what he eats, but if this is the case he will have to be more strict).

Also the doctors said if the cancer did come back, and after they operate it comes back again, they can only operate one or two more times before they have to remove the vocal chords :(

Anyways, I'm just asking everyone to please say some prayers or thoughts or whatever it is you believe to do. I just pray and hope the cancer didn't come back, I want him to enjoy his vacation to the fullest (its his first time to WDW, and him and my mom haven't been on vacation in almost 15 years). But more importantly I just want him to be healthy and happy.

If it did come back, I am thankful that they will be able to catch it in time, but I don't want to see him in pain again. So I hope it doesn't even come to that. It's not even about going to WDW, its more about my dad being okay...
I just want him to be fine. :brick:

Sorry for rambling lol... I'm just trying to get as many prayers for him as I can!!!

Saying lots of prayers for you and your family. We've had a rough year here too and I know what your going through. Try to stay positive and we all will pray that everything is fine.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I'll keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers, too. In the last year my FiL overcame prostate cancer. I feel ya. The prayers work, tho. They really, really do. :)

Upvote 0

wdwCC

I will say a prayer for your dad. Hopefully the true magic that can come only from a family's love and his doctors will keep him safe and well. Best wishes.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Thanks again everyone :)

His appointment to start was at 11:00. Last I heard at 12:30, my mom said he hadn't gone in yet and he was getting restless. I guess someone came in with an emergency nose surgery and its taking a while. So we will see...

Thank you all again, I can't say how thankful I am for all of your thoughts and prayers :wave:

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Just wanted to update everyone before we go to WDW today...

My dad had his biopsy, he is able to eat and talk and will be able to fully enjoy the vacation!!!

However we won't have the test results if he has cancer again or not for a few weeks.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers, it means the world to us :)

Upvote 0

Philo

Thinking of you all.

Glad everything is going well so far and my fingers are crossed for the best news.

Either way, don't let it spoil what will be a fantastic holiday!

Upvote 0

smk

Just wanted to update everyone before we go to WDW today...

My dad had his biopsy, he is able to eat and talk and will be able to fully enjoy the vacation!!!

However we won't have the test results if he has cancer again or not for a few weeks.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers, it means the world to us :)
Hopefully you all can put the pending test results out of mind and enjoy your vacation, time away with family is so precious. I hope you all a fun and peaceful time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom