Least Favorite Urban Legend (Have Fun)

tirian

Original Poster
What urban legends about WDW really exasperate you?

I'll start the list:

• Nuclear missiles under the MK.

• Removable towers on Cinderella Castle.

Have fun!

tirian

Original Poster
• "The PR department said so." (Refers to anything obviously occurring but officially denied.)

wdwmomof3

Walt Disney isn't dead. He's frozen somewhere hidden beneath the MK (or in the castle).

This is what I thought of too. :lol: We watched The Bucket List today and they said something about it in the movie. As a mater of fact, there were three Disney related things that I noticed in that movie. :animwink:

kristalovesWDW

Walt Disney isn't dead. He's frozen somewhere hidden beneath the MK (or in the castle).

they make fun of that in family guy. hahaha. idk if any of you watch that show. but they take him out of a capsule and he asks something that i won't repeat here (way insulting), then he says PUT ME BACK!

where exactly is walt disney buried? is it by disneyworld or in a graveyard elsewhere?

kag1984

• All Cast Members live on the WDW property.

Haha one day I had a guest ask me if it bothered me to live underground. I didn't get the reference when she asked me. But apparently she thought that we all lived in the utilidors under the MK. I had to explain to her that we didn't live at Disney World and that we didn't live underground. It was funny though.

One day when I was personalizing Christmas Ornaments I had a guest come up and poke me then she turned to her friend and started talking about how we were so lifelike. I looked up in astonishment from just being poked, she freaked out when I looked at her. She apparently thought that I was an animatronic. She and her friend then took off freaked out that AAs respond and interact with people. Cracked me and my coworker up.

But my least favorite urban legend is that the towers on Cinderella Castle come off during hurricanes. Closely followed by the rumor that there are utilidors under all of the parks.

Haha one day I had a guest ask me if it bothered me to live underground. I didn't get the reference when she asked me. But apparently she thought that we all lived in the utilidors under the MK. I had to explain to her that we didn't live at Disney World and that we didn't live underground. It was funny though.

One day when I was personalizing Christmas Ornaments I had a guest come up and poke me then she turned to her friend and started talking about how we were so lifelike. I looked up in astonishment from just being poked, she freaked out when I looked at her. She apparently thought that I was an animatronic. She and her friend then took off freaked out that AAs respond and interact with people. Cracked me and my coworker up.

But my least favorite urban legend is that the towers on Cinderella Castle come off during hurricanes. Closely followed by the rumor that there are utilidors under all of the parks.

Where do CM's live? Is there a place or community where a majority of CM's live? Are they spread out around Orlando?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
My least favorite urban legend is that working at WDW can ruin WDW for you.

I mean, that IS just a legend... right?

828tnt

My least favorite urban legend is that working at WDW can ruin WDW for you.

I mean, that IS just a legend... right?

you know, i thought that the more i continued to learn about wdw and about disney (even the "unsensored, non- disney stuff"), that i may lose sight of some of the magic.

but, i gotta say, most has just made me love it more!

Philo

Probably the old "WDW is for kids" legend is the worst (alight, not really a legend but a lot of people believe it and it bugs me)

A crazy myth I quite like is the one about if ToT and RnRC launch at exactly the same time the whole of DHS will loose power

raven

Where do CM's live? Is there a place or community where a majority of CM's live? Are they spread out around Orlando?

Anywhere and everywhere.

Do all movie stars live in Hollywood? Do all of the politicians in Washington live in the White House or in the Capitol Building?

No. So why do people think that Disney CMs all live in one community? I guess that average the Guest doesn't realize that there are 22,000+ people working for WDW at any given time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom