Least Favorite Urban Legend (Have Fun)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wasn't that the original idea with the Contemporary rooms? I know they were put in that way, but wasn't it due to the weather that prevents them from being refurbished that way?

i thought that was true, when it was being built the roomas arrived to slotin , and were more or less ready to go , even having all the plumbing built in..im sure ive seen it on a documentry
Weather the rooms were intended to be removed I can not say for sure, but I what I can tell you is that they are corroded into place and can not be removed.

maryszhi

Probably the old "WDW is for kids" legend is the worst (alight, not really a legend but a lot of people believe it and it bugs me)

A crazy myth I quite like is the one about if ToT and RnRC launch at exactly the same time the whole of DHS will loose power
i cant stand that one,and the two that started the thread. i also cant stand the whole disney is frozen and burried in pirates of the caribbean

brkgnews

That old piece of a gate was finally permanently removed during the refurb.
And not a moment too soon. Such a pesky rumor (and that blasted sign they put up on the refurb wall for a day or two didn't help. :lol:)

My most grating urban legend is the removable castle spires one.

Dragonrider1227

The Urban Legend of the "5th gate" or that DisneyQuest is closing XD Oh, and that you can use Universal tickets to Disney World or vice Versa >>
What urban legends about WDW really exasperate you?

I'll start the list:

• Nuclear missiles under the MK.

• Removable towers on Cinderella Castle.

Have fun!
Actually, I kinda liked the idea of Cinderella Castle packin' heat XD But everyone knows the truth is that all five Magic Kingdom castles from around the world can form together into a giant fighting robot :D

cndrellagrl

Anywhere and everywhere.

Do all movie stars live in Hollywood? Do all of the politicians in Washington live in the White House or in the Capitol Building?

No. So why do people think that Disney CMs all live in one community? I guess that average the Guest doesn't realize that there are 22,000+ people working for WDW at any given time!

I know that some people have said this, because there are some condos or something for people that work there as part of a college internship - that is where they sometimes live. That tends to start some rumors.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
actually at is true. due to liability and guilt issues. read it on snopes. in front of epcot a guy shot himself in the head and the paramedics kept him alive artificially and pronounced him dead after they were off Disney property
The story you are referring is actually form a book called "Behind the mouse" and to my knowledge has never been proven to be true. As stated in the article on snopes "No one is declared dead at Disney" it is pretty much a technicality as paramedics are legally not allowed to declare a person dead. Even then there have been at least two cases of death being declared on Disney property that I know of.

TigerLily_CM

Anywhere and everywhere.

Do all movie stars live in Hollywood? Do all of the politicians in Washington live in the White House or in the Capitol Building?

No. So why do people think that Disney CMs all live in one community? I guess that average the Guest doesn't realize that there are 22,000+ people working for WDW at any given time!

Actually probably alot more than 22,000...that might be the lowest number but when I worked there we had about 48,000 employees and that was before AK opened so I would guess at least twice that amount of CM's (and no, we don't all live on property)

However, that reminds me of another urban legend...when people would see that my name tag said Canada they would ask how I got to work each day. :hammer: Can you imagine everyone flying in for their 4-10 hour shift a day from Norway, Morocco, Japan... :lol:

TigerLily_CM

I know that some people have said this, because there are some condos or something for people that work there as part of a college internship - that is where they sometimes live. That tends to start some rumors.

"Condos" sounds so nice :lol: I lived in a cockroach infested building that got quarantined and then had to move into a lesser infested building. I refused to go into the pool or hot tub because it was so filthy and I once found lizards living in the washer/dryer. Lets just say most of my time was spent AWAY from my apartment!

tirian

Original Poster
When you stay at the Grand Floridian, you don't have to take a bus anywhere.

and

All the parks are connected by monorails.

Phonedave

actually at is true. due to liability and guilt issues. read it on snopes. in front of epcot a guy shot himself in the head and the paramedics kept him alive artificially and pronounced him dead after they were off Disney property

That little bit on snopes about the guy shooting himself in the head was from another book. Re-read the article on snopes.

If sombody pulled out a gun and ventilated his skull in front of SSE, don't you think it would sort of make the news.

There is a bid 'ol red "not true" indicator right next to the "nobody dies at WDW entry"

-dave

-dave

The number one for me is that the Tinkerbell that flies from the castle is really a very small african-american man. There has never been a male Tinkerbell. I've gotten into a million arguements with other CM's who swear they've seen this black man Tinkerbell in question but they're clearly delusional and color-blind.

There are a million college program urban legends that drive me nuts. Everyone who was a part of any program swears that there was a whole building that got busted for prositution and that they witnessed a Hong Kong hot tub orgy during their program. It's amazing to me that these events seemed to happen at least once every year between about 1994 and 2008. Oddly enough I did two college programs and never saw either, guess it was a fluke.

sublimesting

For one a company can not dictate anything to a paramedic. It has nothing to do with liability as you'd still be liable if it was your fault despite where they were declared. This is just like the urban legend that really drives me nuts: If you shoot someone on your property just drag them into your house and you won't be liable. Absolutely NOT true. As a matter of fact you have no right to shoot someone in your own home unless they are physically threatening you with a weapon. Even if they are walking out with your television and money you aren't allowed to shoot them.

Timmay

As a matter of fact you have no right to shoot someone in your own home unless they are physically threatening you with a weapon.

That simply isn't true. All you have to do is show you felt you or a third persons life might be in danger. No weapon or physical threat need be involved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom