Latest on Harry Potter?

jonnyc

I doubt there will be a solid date set until a few months before the main attraction can open. But that's just me.

On a slightly related note...Half Blood Prince is getting some stellar reviews.

Is this one going to be in two parts or is that the next one?

MyLittleAngels

No specifics on dates have come out yet, but I'm speculating a July opening. The "Power Pass", which is similar to Disney's Florida resident pass in that it's an annual pass (from date of purchase) with blackout dates is conspicuously blacked out for all of July next year. This year, they've only blacked out July 1st-5th. I can't see any reason to do something so drastic without prior precedent.

JustInTime

I would say that they are either going to do it for summer or christmas. I have heard christmas a few times. plus deathly hallows comes out that winter. we will see.

JustInTime

Christmas would be a disaster. Way too late.

When it was first announced Christmas was the time. It was supposed to be this Christmas(we know how that turned out). I don't think it would be a disaster at all. It would be nowhere near as good as summer but not a disaster. From what I hear there will be snow on the ground daily. No idea how they can make this work in the summer. Also, I am almost positive they are going to do a star studded premiere. Great press for the park. I know J.K. Rowling was saying something about it during the charity event I was at a while back.

SirGoofy

When it was first announced Christmas was the time. It was supposed to be this Christmas(we know how that turned out). I don't think it would be a disaster at all. It would be nowhere near as good as summer but not a disaster. From what I hear there will be snow on the ground daily. No idea how they can make this work in the summer. Also, I am almost positive they are going to do a star studded premiere. Great press for the park. I know J.K. Rowling was saying something about it during the charity event I was at a while back.

It was supposed to be Christmas of 2009 or Summer 2010. Christmas 09 will not be happening, and if they wait till Christmas 2010, it'll be a disaster.

And yes, The Chamber of Secrets and the Basilisk will be part of the attraction.

JustInTime

It was supposed to be Christmas of 2009 or Summer 2010. Christmas 09 will not be happening, and if they wait till Christmas 2010, it'll be a disaster.

And yes, The Chamber of Secrets and the Basilisk will be part of the attraction.

Thanks for the cofirmation, sheriff. :lookaroun

Hey all! Snagged this off of Mugglenet today:

There are some interesting new details online concerning what attractions we'll get to enjoy at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park in Orlando next year. According to The Orlando Sentinel, the main attraction will be what's housed in Hogwarts Castle:

Plans for the 20-acre Wizarding World show more than a dozen buildings, including at least three shops, a restaurant and multiple forced-perspective decorative buildings. The centerpiece will be the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the iconic castle and keep from the Potter books and movies.

Universal's Hogwarts, records show, will be 150 feet, or 15 stories, high.

The castle will also house what is expected to be the Wizarding World's signature attraction. Several people familiar with the project, including one person directly involved, said the ride will be what's known as a "robocoaster" —
a ride system in which guests sit in seats suspended from a robotic arm that can swivel and swoop in multiple directions while it advances along a track.

It still boggles my mind that Mugglenet the supposed "#1 Harry Potter Fan Site" is calling this a Harry Potter theme park.

color

A bit of information to share...

The main ride (robotic arm) will definitely not be opening with the land. The ride is facing massive setbacks and will be lucky if testing gets underway full-time by Christmas of 2010.

SirGoofy

The main ride (robotic arm) will definitely not be opening with the land. The ride is facing massive setbacks and will be lucky if testing gets underway full-time by Christmas of 2010.

I'll believe it when whylightbulb posts that here.

timeman

If anybody here lives in the Central Florida area and has Brighthouse Networks CFnews13 is broadcasting a Harry Potter exclusive on Channel 300 on Central Florida On Demand. It is an exclusive look at the new Harry Potter section at IOA being built.

Some of those amazing secrets are being uncloaked in our Central Florida On Demand exclusive. Scott Fais uncovers some of the mysteries surrounding the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, including exclusive video of the rollercoaster-type ride being designed for Hogwarts Castle.

The in-depth report also unveils construction photos and what goes into making a mega theme-park attraction.

Hopefully somebody can record this and post it online somewhere for all to see.

teebin

LOL! yeah right. And two months ago it was reported that they were going to completely tear down Rip Ride Rocket and rebuild it. What a goofy post.

Slipknot

If anybody here lives in the Central Florida area and has Brighthouse Networks CFnews13 is broadcasting a Harry Potter exclusive on Channel 300 on Central Florida On Demand. It is an exclusive look at the new Harry Potter section at IOA being built.

Hopefully somebody can record this and post it online somewhere for all to see.

17 minutes of stuff that is already known to the public. But if the ride itself uses the fluid movements of the robot arm exibit they show, it could be pulling 2 Gs.

whylightbulb

This is not true. Yes there are major concerns and challenges but to say the project is that far behind is premature at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom