Latest on Harry Potter?

SirGoofy

So I just finished watching the Potter movies...and I am so ridiculously pumped for what could be coming in this attraction. Imagine going face to face with the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets, or being in the Wizard's Chess game, or seeing Aragog.

Man, this thing cannot open quick enough.

Helena123

So I just finished watching the Potter movies...and I am so ridiculously pumped for what could be coming in this attraction. Imagine going face to face with the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets, or being in the Wizard's Chess game, or seeing Aragog.

Man, this thing cannot open quick enough.

I agree, apart from seeing Aragog im so scared of spiders and ive never watched that bit in the film, so if he's in the ride im going to be screaming like a lil kid haha
Im still going to ride it though i think haha, can't wait :)

dznygirl64

What does any of this have to do with Disney????? sorry never read or saw a harry potter movie and i dont go to Universal are they still open?

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Anyone know the latest on the opening date?
The last I saw was just 2010...any specifics on when?

We're going in January 2010...but I doubt it'll be open that early in the year:fork:

JustInTime

Hey all! Snagged this off of Mugglenet today:

There are some interesting new details online concerning what attractions we'll get to enjoy at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park in Orlando next year. According to The Orlando Sentinel, the main attraction will be what's housed in Hogwarts Castle:

Plans for the 20-acre Wizarding World show more than a dozen buildings, including at least three shops, a restaurant and multiple forced-perspective decorative buildings. The centerpiece will be the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the iconic castle and keep from the Potter books and movies.

Universal's Hogwarts, records show, will be 150 feet, or 15 stories, high.

The castle will also house what is expected to be the Wizarding World's signature attraction. Several people familiar with the project, including one person directly involved, said the ride will be what's known as a "robocoaster" —
a ride system in which guests sit in seats suspended from a robotic arm that can swivel and swoop in multiple directions while it advances along a track.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hey all! Snagged this off of Mugglenet today:

There are some interesting new details online concerning what attractions we'll get to enjoy at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park in Orlando next year. According to The Orlando Sentinel, the main attraction will be what's housed in Hogwarts Castle:

Plans for the 20-acre Wizarding World show more than a dozen buildings, including at least three shops, a restaurant and multiple forced-perspective decorative buildings. The centerpiece will be the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the iconic castle and keep from the Potter books and movies.

Universal's Hogwarts, records show, will be 150 feet, or 15 stories, high.

The castle will also house what is expected to be the Wizarding World's signature attraction. Several people familiar with the project, including one person directly involved, said the ride will be what's known as a "robocoaster" —
a ride system in which guests sit in seats suspended from a robotic arm that can swivel and swoop in multiple directions while it advances along a track.
Ooo yay thank you for this!

Any new word on an updated or more specific opening date anyone??

SirGoofy

Ooo yay thank you for this!

Any new word on an updated or more specific opening date anyone??

I doubt there will be a solid date set until a few months before the main attraction can open. But that's just me.

On a slightly related note...Half Blood Prince is getting some stellar reviews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom