Latest on Harry Potter?

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi all :wave:

What is the latest on Harry Potter? All info and links are appreciated! Also, what is the current estimated opening date?

Thanks!

Lee

Adventurer
Hmmmm...let's see...
Hagrid's hut is pretty much done.
Flying Unicorn/Flight of the Hippogriff hasn't really been touched.
Dragons hasn't been touched.
Site work for Hogsmeade is coming along, but there hasn't been any actual construction.
The show builing for the Kuka arm ride is built, and the ride is being slowly installed.
The Hogwarts castle facade for the top of the show building is due to start work soon, if not already just begun.

Estimated opening date...my guess...next summer. At best. Unless they decide to do a phased opening, and let guests into the areas that get finished first.

jonnyc

Hmmmm...let's see...
Site work for Hogsmeade is coming along, but there hasn't been any actual construction.
The show builing for the Kuka arm ride is built, and the ride is being slowly installed.
The Hogwarts castle facade for the top of the show building is due to start work soon, if not already just begun.

Estimated opening date...my guess...next summer. At best. Unless they decide to do a phased opening, and let guests into the areas that get finished first.

Is DD going to be an extensive switch or a quick paint over of the dragons names? Or is that info not yet known?

Lee

Adventurer
Is DD going to be an extensive switch or a quick paint over of the dragons names? Or is that info not yet known?
New signage, totally different queue inside the Dragons castle, new paint, maybe some new theming out on the ride course.

Wouldn't really call it quick.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hmmmm...let's see...

Thanks so much for the info...sounds like they have A LOT of work to do.

SirGoofy

I'm excited about this and everything, but DD already had the #1 greatest queue area in theme park history, and I'd have to think they would retain some of it for the new attraction.

I've heard all the skeletons/death will be taken out, which is really disappointing.

Lee

Adventurer
I've heard all the skeletons/death will be taken out, which is really disappointing.

Very likely. Skeletons and death, fire and ice...none of that relates to the Triwizard Tournament, so I don't see any of that theme/story staying.

SirGoofy

Very likely. Skeletons and death, fire and ice...none of that relates to the Triwizard Tournament, so I don't see any of that theme/story staying.

Sad really. This is the only change coming that I'm not too thrilled about. I was originally hoping DD would remain intact.

Lee

Adventurer
Sad really. This is the only change coming that I'm not too thrilled about. I was originally hoping DD would remain intact.
It couldn't. As it was, it didn't tie into the Potter world in any way. Luckily, there were dragons already in the wizarding world so as to allow a theme shift.

JT3000

Well, considering they already axed the statues, they didn't even need to keep the dragon theme. But apparently the entire queue will be changed.

vnvnvn2000

eh, i read all the books and i thought that they made the movies perfect. idk they did Twilight Way worse then they did Harry Potter, i guess its how u invision it.

castevens

89404ad0.jpg

Figment632

Does anyone know what the castle will be like? Will you be able to go in it, will there be an attraction, or is it just going to be a decoration?

Lee

Adventurer
Does anyone know what the castle will be like? Will you be able to go in it, will there be an attraction, or is it just going to be a decoration?

Yes, you will go inside. That is the site of the new attraction, and perhaps a bit more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom