Latest look at the Beauty and the Beast area construction in the new Fantasyland

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
How are the children supposed to learn to read if they can't even fit in the building!!

Any quote from Zoolander makes my day!

Someone brought up a good point, one I'm sure I've read before but cant quite remember. How do they typically keep birds, etc from perching on top of some of these forced perspective buildings and killing the illusion. Are they going to be covered in the little "spikes" that at times keep birds away. I just cant remember this one off the top of my head.

BigThunderMatt

The Be Our Guest restuarant is going to be in the near vicinity...

Near vicinity? It's directly on top of it. No joke. It's dead center on the roof of the giant warehouse building containing the restaurant. I've seen said warehouse from the back side it's huge.

And to anyone else here asking the same question that has been asked numerous times already...

THE CASTLE IS FAKE. IT'S ONLY 20 FEET TALL AND IS STRICTLY FOR SHOW JUST LIKE HOGWARTS AT IOA AND THE EIFFEL TOWER AT EPCOT.

Tom Morrow

The castle looks to be only a little bit smaller than Hogwarts at WWoHP. Which makes sense given they don't want to trump Cinderella Castle in any way. I'm not worried about how this will look when finished.

MotherOfBirds

It does look good, even this early. I am most intrigued, though, to see how everything is landscaped. I still have the first 20 seconds of the prologue from the movie in my head

BigThunderMatt

I'm not worried about how this will look when finished.

Nor myself. However, I do agree with a previous post that if any of the trees by the back roads are in direct sightlines of the castle that they're going to need to be cut down or, at the very least, trimmed to not ruin the forced perspective.

PurpleRose

It's amazing to me how much tiny details they will put in that no one will ever see. I think it looks amazing already. This gets me jazzed up!

CastleBound

Disneyland Paris version
dlp%20kasteel%20pays%20des%20contes%20de%20fees.jpg

Is the WDW version going to look like this one when its finished?

Spike-in-Berlin

It always comes to me as a major surprise, how many people just cannot read plans or think threedimensional. Perhaps it's my professional background speaking but how could anyone ever believe, that there would be any rooms etc of the new restaurants INSIDE the castle, although it clearly is a miniature in forced perspective. Did these people do not look at the concept art of the FLE? How can you look at the concept art and still expect a second Cinderella's Castle coming to Fantasyland?

jt04

It always comes to me as a major surprise, how many people just cannot read plans or think threedimensional. Perhaps it's my professional background speaking but how could anyone ever believe, that there would be any rooms etc of the new restaurants INSIDE the castle, although it clearly is a miniature in forced perspective. Did these people do not look at the concept art of the FLE? How can you look at the concept art and still expect a second Cinderella's Castle coming to Fantasyland?

Quite simply it is because our education system (with some exceptions) would rather teach people what to think rather than how to think.

raven

Beast's "Castle" is just a forced-perspective facade on top of forced-perspective hill. This is just to give the illusion of a large castle in the distance while the structure is really quite small (consider the Eiffel Tower in Epcot's France). The Be Our Guest restuarant is going to be in the near vicinity and it will give the illusion that you're "inside" the castle.

The actual restaurant will be accessed through a rock/mountain facod just under the castle. I was sent a scan of a concept about 4 months ago. I'll see if I can find it and post it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom