Latest look at the Beauty and the Beast area construction in the new Fantasyland

Lee

Adventurer
Judging by the aerial pics, and using the full-size pickup trucks parked nearby as a reference, the Beast's Castle structure on the roof is approximately 40 feet long east-west and 25 feet long north-south.

That's about the size of a small tract home, but placed up on the roof of the much larger warehouse structure.

Counting the castle "base"...yeah that looks about right. The main section is quite a bit smaller.

cbconglom

Eh.....I'd say 15-20ft, tops.

thanks! i'm quite jealous you get to see it in person. i won't be there til it's all done. nov 2013 should be ok right? we always go the second week in sept every year but i'm saving up to stay at the grand californian for carsland opening.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Judging by the aerial pics, and using the full-size pickup trucks parked nearby as a reference, the Beast's Castle structure on the roof is approximately 40 feet long east-west and 25 feet long north-south.

That's about the size of a small tract home, but placed up on the roof of the much larger warehouse structure.

There are pictures on the Disney Parks Blog of workers assembling the castle. One shows a worked standing right in front of the castle that will give you a good idea of how small it is.

britdaw

There are pictures on the Disney Parks Blog of workers assembling the castle. One shows a worked standing right in front of the castle that will give you a good idea of how small it is.

Oh wow... It looks pretty funny when you see the guy standing right in front of that teeny door. :) It almost looks like a kid's playhouse or something... a very expensive playhouse. LOL

ob1thx1138

Hahaha Jt that was a mouthful. But I can definitely see where you are coming from in your points.

As well, I do hope that the waterfalls are still part of the plans. I think it would really help connect the new pieces of fantasyland, that is if the river is still in place...

And as far as not being able to force perspective upon moving water, they can easily downsize or thin the streaming path in which the water is able to run down. This way the waterfall appears rather small, width-wise, and farther away while still maintaining its apparent height.

The size of the stream of water is not the issue when trying to use water in a model (which is basically what we are talking about). Its the way water moves and how the drops separate that will give the illusion away. Now if the water fall is far enough away then it wont be an issue at all, but too close and it will look like one of those old naval battle movies where the ships looked like toys in the bath tub.

cbconglom

thanks steve! does anyone know the answer to my question about the stand alone turrent?

video from 4/18
is part of it shot from inside the construction zone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moyZk1tnmZs

and some photos from blt or contemporary?
http://parksleuth.com/
IMG_8256.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom