Latest look at the Beauty and the Beast area construction in the new Fantasyland

djkidkaz

Anyone else think that the tall tower piece they just added looks strange? In the art all the turrets are close together but the turrets on the "real" castle their building has the turrets spread out to much by that tall middle tower. Maybe it's not done or maybe it's just the angle??

jt04

LOL you're joking right? You are referring to Potter? Beast's castle is nice, but nothing on the scale of Potter.

Possibly because it is a much larger scale than I anticipated. You can see what I mean when the construction worker is on the bridge. I have seen overhead helicopter shots of the Potter castle and it is amazing forced perspective and not nearly on the scale it appears to be. So, I am impressed by the fact that the new MK castle is much more than I anticipated combined with the knowledge that the Potter castle is not nearly on the scale it appears to be (not counting the show building, just the external elements). But also, the Beast castle is more detailed and ornate and complex than the more romanesque IOA castle. So yeah, I guess I am not joking. :lol:

Of course I am by no means comparing the new restaurant to the Potter ride system. That would be truly apples/oranges. That said, I think the BatB restaurant may generate serious buzz when it opens as the new castle is.

Lee

Adventurer
Looks nice.
I'll reserve giving my full opinion until I see it in person. I'll be at MK later today, so give me a few hours.

But I can already say...it ain't no Hogwarts.:lol:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Possibly because it is a much larger scale than I anticipated. You can see what I mean when the construction worker is on the bridge. I have seen overhead helicopter shots of the Potter castle and it is amazing forced perspective and not nearly on the scale it appears to be. So, I am impressed by the fact that the new MK castle is much more than I anticipated combined with the knowledge that the Potter castle is not nearly on the scale it appears to be (not counting the show building, just the external elements). But also, the Beast castle is more detailed and ornate and complex than the more romanesque IOA castle. So yeah, I guess I am not joking. :lol:

Of course I am by no means comparing the new restaurant to the Potter ride system. That would be truly apples/oranges. That said, I think the BatB restaurant may generate serious buzz when it opens as the new castle is.

Come on. Can't you just one time be reasonable. This Castle is nothing on the scale of Hogwarts. Yes it looks nice. But give us all a break. Beast castle is not more ornate, it is not more detailed. This is just silliness. You are better then that JT.

jt04

Come on. Can't you just one time be reasonable. This Castle is nothing on the scale of Hogwarts. Yes it looks nice. But give us all a break. Beast castle is not more ornate, it is not more detailed. This is just silliness. You are better then that JT.

I know it is difficult to understand what I am saying but you have to keep in mind that the beast castle is supposed to appear much more in the distance than the Potter castle. So the comparisson is difficult. I am not comparing real world budgets or real world scale per se, but I am suggesting the Beast version could be just as "illusioneered" and magical to guests, if not moreso, than the IOA castle.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Hogwarts could be compared to Cinderella Castle. The thing is so big you can see it from I4. We are talking something that is 100ft+ with the same (or more) amount of detail as Beast's Castle.

Beast's Castle is very nice, but it's a whole different ball game, and should not be compared in my opinion. They serve different purposes.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks nice.
I'll reserve giving my full opinion until I see it in person. I'll be at MK later today, so give me a few hours.

But I can already say...it ain't no Hogwarts.:lol:

Interested to hear what you think Lee. Enjoy your MK day!

DaGoof00

New aerials are great! It really puts into perspective how small the castle is, and how dependent upon the forced perspective approach its execution depends! Never the less, the detail is fantastic...and I agree... It ain't no Hogwarts!
:sohappy:

MAF

People are now comparing this to the Hogwarts castle? Now we're really grasping for straws. :brick:

jakeman

People are now comparing this to the Hogwarts castle? Now we're really grasping for straws. :brick:
People aren't.

Jt is.

That is a difference.

I understand what jt is trying to say regarding them both being a forced perspective facade, however that is stretch in and of itself.

Hogwarts is part of the queue, where as this is just stuck on the top of a building.

Hogwarts is much more akin in function and design to Cinderella Castle than this. Beast Castle, as mentioned earlier, is much like the Eiffel Tower in France. Hopefully, it is a little more convincing than that.

bgraham34

I understand what JT is saying. I do think once this project is complete Beasts Castle will be amazing for what it is. The force perspective will really make this shine. Personally I prefer this over the Potter one just because I am not a Potter fan but the village created by UNI is very very well done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom