Latest look at the Beauty and the Beast area construction in the new Fantasyland

gamedude

I had the image of the castle much bigger.. I thought it was gonna sit 400 people..? Are we drinking the potion from Alice in Wonderland..? lol

jt04

I had the image of the castle much bigger.. I thought it was gonna sit 400 people..? Are we drinking the potion from Alice in Wonderland..? lol

What is interesting that is not in the artist concept is the circular building in the back of the castle. It reminds me of the greenhouse on the HM. Same idea but on a much larger suggested scale with the new add.

FigmentJedi

The castle is entered via a cave basement or something.

Also, I gotta say I'm damned impressed with the speed they're going with the castle.

RAXIP

What is interesting that is not in the artist concept is the circular building in the back of the castle. It reminds me of the greenhouse on the HM. Same idea but on a much larger suggested scale with the new add.

Construction wall concept art
Beasts-Castle-Fantasyland.jpg

Disneyland Paris version
dlp%20kasteel%20pays%20des%20contes%20de%20fees.jpg

RSoxNo1

jt, how does this play into that suspicious pile of sticks that you were on about in the pictures a few months ago?;)

You might have missed what those were as confirmed by Jim Hill. It seems some of the 20K lagoon was just buried in place and had to be removed. I believe that is what I was seeing. It did look like some sort of reinforced concrete that was buried. I was not just making it up.

Those four words should never be uttered in that order. It's just wrong. ;)

Sorry. Good point.

Heh. :wave:

Two questions.

1. What is/was the large pile of sticks that was confirmed by Jim Hill?
  2. Why all the Jim Hill hate?

Rob562

It should really look amazing at night when you can't see the real trees behind the castle. That is my only concern with scale. I think someone needs to sharpen up the chain saw.

You said exactly what I was about to say...

The tree removal for the new retention pond behind Be Our Guest may have fixed some of the problems, and they'll probably be OK while standing within the Expansion, but there are obviously some distant angles at which the trees kill the forced-perspective illusion. The tops of those trees will have to be trimmed and maintained...

-Rob

Scuttle

I can't believe how fast there building the Beasts castle!

Ya me either. This thing is moving along at a tremendous rate right now. I really can't believe it. I still don't agree with that timeline Lee gave us. I highly doubt those timetables, but you never know i guess. Glad to see this thing moving along quickly. We have had extremly dry weather here in the Orlando area this winter and so far this spring too. So I'm sure that helps.

ob1thx1138

My question is: Why is one of the windows missing?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

It is quite a large building. Nobody will sit IN the castle...it is merely themeing on top of the actual building.

Fantasyland_Thumb_13139.jpg

Two questions.

I enjoy reading his site, but I think a lot of it boils down to the fact that he gets a lot of information that is blue sky and takes it and runs with it as fact before it is even green-lighted.

My question is: Why is one of the windows missing?
What window? In what picture?

Perhaps Peter Pan knocked it out with a baseball?

jt04

Construction wall concept art
Beasts-Castle-Fantasyland.jpg

Disneyland Paris version
dlp%20kasteel%20pays%20des%20contes%20de%20fees.jpg

Great info. The MK version faces north and I think this is the dining room seen in the concept art. There are supposed to be views from those windows I think so it will be interesting to see if they add more forced perspective elements behind the castle which would also help with the tree problem.

Two questions.

They were not a pile. There were elements from the reinforced concrete left over from 20K's lagoon that had been buried on purpose or accidentally sticking up through the ground. They were hard to see which is why it created so much confusion. I believe it is all removed now.

You said exactly what I was about to say...

The tree removal for the new retention pond behind Be Our Guest may have fixed some of the problems, and they'll probably be OK while standing within the Expansion, but there are obviously some distant angles at which the trees kill the forced-perspective illusion. The tops of those trees will have to be trimmed and maintained...

-Rob

Or turned into mulch! :lookaroun

Yeah I said it. :drevil:

dreamscometrue

I don't think we actually go in the castle. Don't we just eat in the restaurant which will be 'inside' the castle, but under the 'decorative' castle they just installed? Is that not just a forced perspective 'prop' to help with the illusion that we are entering the castle?

The speed at which this is going up is amazing. Just the wonderful distraction I need from reality.

The forced perspective looks very well done. The last photos taken from the ground with the wall in the forefront - makes me want to hop a plane today just to stand there and marvel!

danstadnik

Slightly OT... For anyone who has been in FL recently, how noisy is all this work now? How distracting is it all to your overall MK experience?

Lee

Adventurer
is it just me or is the castle missing some details and structures? :shrug: Maybe they will add some of the things later.
Yes.
The castle structure us nowhere near complete. What you are seeing are just the first pieces to arrive and be installed. Lots of parts to add, as well as thematic painting, before it's done. Its still very much a work in progress.

Slightly OT... For anyone who has been in FL recently, how noisy is all this work now? How distracting is it all to your overall MK experience?
Last time I was there, I didn't even notice any noise at all.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm really psyched to see all the work that is going to go into the forced perspective. The rockwork/mountain, plus the angles that we'll be at I'm sure will all play a major part in making it look like a castle off in the distance. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the little details get added in the future...

ob1thx1138

What window? In what picture?

Perhaps Peter Pan knocked it out with a baseball?

In the latest constructions pics on this site, the large round area with the domed roof, the third window from the right on the bottom row is missing.

Also I would love to see someone standing next to this so I can see what the actual scale is like on the castle.

Oh and something else that no one has mentioned: Why wasn't the outer wall and raised roadway included in either the large model or either aerial view concept art? Seems like a major difference to me and I wonder how they are going to hide the end of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom