Late FP Returns Tightening Up?

Vernonpush

testing Fastpasses? What does that mean. I'm pretty sure they still work...although they may still be down in the MK...
I think that means that Len is sending people to the parks to get FastPasses to use after the return time.
It's called research for the book. Thank you, Len. :sohappy:

During an Area meeting when I worked at the world, the topic of late fastpasses was brought up due to the fact that the amount of fastpasses where increased per hour and weather or not we can put a cap on how late you return. Our managers said that we must always accept late fastpasses, no exceptions, unless that fastpass is from a previous date. Like I said before. do try and return in your alotted time to prevent long waits. and if you are in standby, do not complain if we have to close off your line for an alotted perioud of time. this is to ensure that the guest with the fastpasses can be on in as short amount of time as possible which is what fastpasses promise them. It is an 80 20 ration, 80% fastpass let through 20% standby, if done correctly there should be no fastpass line backup. picking a fight with the castmember at the erging point will only cause more backups. Be nice to castmembers, they put up with alot of crap all day and are just there to make everyone happy. if u are unhappy with something write a letter, do not start a scene infront of everyone. and just smile and understand they are doing their best.

As for the informing guest of late fastpass entry, we are told to inform the guest to show up between the time period. never tell them they can show up late. but liike I said, we will accept them late, we just don't advertise that;)

slappy magoo

During an Area meeting when I worked at the world, the topic of late fastpasses was brought up due to the fact that the amount of fastpasses where increased per hour and weather or not we can put a cap on how late you return. Our managers said that we must always accept late fastpasses, no exceptions, unless that fastpass is from a previous date. Like I said before. do try and return in your alotted time to prevent long waits. and if you are in standby, do not complain if we have to close off your line for an alotted perioud of time. this is to ensure that the guest with the fastpasses can be on in as short amount of time as possible which is what fastpasses promise them. It is an 80 20 ration, 80% fastpass let through 20% standby, if done correctly there should be no fastpass line backup. picking a fight with the castmember at the erging point will only cause more backups. Be nice to castmembers, they put up with alot of crap all day and are just there to make everyone happy. if u are unhappy with something write a letter, do not start a scene infront of everyone. and just smile and understand they are doing their best.

As for the informing guest of late fastpass entry, we are told to inform the guest to show up between the time period. never tell them they can show up late. but liike I said, we will accept them late, we just don't advertise that;)

But thanks to the sheer number of people who got away with using late fastpasses - and then bragged about it to family and friends and sites like this one - WDW may be in a position where they have to clamp down and start enforcing the time window. So really, you're all to blame. Thanks. Jerk-heads. :D

ToTBellHop

But thanks to the sheer number of people who got away with using late fastpasses - and then bragged about it to family and friends and sites like this one - WDW may be in a position where they have to clamp down and start enforcing the time window. So really, you're all to blame. Thanks. Jerk-heads. :D
and, as we've already heard, some CMs do advertise the fact that you can return late, which is not appropriate.

lentesta

Premium Member
As noted previously, we had teams in all four parks today. The MK results are in, and I expect the other park results to be available on Sunday.

Here are the results of today's testing at the Magic Kingdom: 6 Expired FASTPASSes used, 6 expired FASTPASSes accepted. That's good.

Detailed notes from the MK test team:

We had no problem at all using expired fast passes today on 6 different rides - Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear.

Each time we picked up a FP, we asked a cast member if it would be a problem if we couldn't get back on time. They always responded "no problem."

We used two approaches when returning: I always told the FP cast member that I wasn't able to get back during my allotted time and could I still use my pass and Richard always used the approach of just showing his FP and not saying anything.

We both had no problem at all getting in with expired fast passes - 1 1/2 hours late, 1 hour late, and then 1/2 hour late.

When I got in late at Buzz Lightyear, the cast member checking passes was announcing: "1:45 passes or earlier can enter now."

At one point, before we headed back to try getting in the rides, we each had 3 unused fast passes in our possession. Each fast pass noted that we could get another in one hour, which we did.

Here's a breakdown of the data:

Attraction / FP pick up / Standby time / FP Return Time / TEST TIME / Standby time / FP Return Time

Pan / 9:44 / 10 / 10:25-11:25 / 1:00 / 40 / 4:25-5:25
Pooh / 9:43 / 10 / 10:20-11:20 / 1:00 / 50 / 4:25-5:25
Splash / 10:30 / 20 / 11:10-12:10 / 1:15 / 40 / 2:10-3:10
Thunder / 10:30 / 20 / 11:10-12:10 / 1:15 / 20 / 2:55-3:55
Space / 11:15 / 40 / 12:30-1:30 / 2:00 / 60 / 5:30-6:30
Buzz / 11:15 / 20 / 11:55-12:55 / 1:45 / 40 / 2:25-3:25

----------------------------------------------------------------

So that's encouraging. More soon.

Len

dxwwf3

When I got in late at Buzz Lightyear, the cast member checking passes was announcing: "1:45 passes or earlier can enter now."

First off, :sohappy: on the news. I'm glad to hear the results

Secondly, I can't believe I forgot to mention something along the lines of the above quote. I have heard CM's state this many, many times at attractions that usually have people waiting around on their times. They announce that people with the current times are now allowed and they always seem to add the "or earlier" part. That is something I have heard quite a bit around the parks in the past.

Wilt Dasney

Thank you Len!
What does the "or earlier" mean? I didn't get that.

I think the point being made is that by saying "3:30 or earlier" the Cast Members are making it clear they will accept Fastpasses from anytime earlier in the day, without respect to the window.

Maybe there's nothing to this rumor after all?

Edit: Beat me to it.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
As it should be, if you are on a ride that goes Pete Tong, or have a meal thats running late thanks to overworked staff and free dinning freeloaders, why should be penalised twice.

A victory for common sense, after all a theme park is no place to release "Angry Dad" and his tantrums of steel.:zipit:

An Abu Garcia moment.

Cattman96

FP line last night on splash mountain was huge. It was 9:30. Fianlly got on around 10 . I was in standby till my space FP was due. The Standby wasn't that long but was stopped for about 10 minutes literally while all the FP was accepted. Then we moved and stoppped for another 10 minutes for FP. I don't know if they were late or not but I have never seen that before. Just a huge amount of FP at once. It almost made me late for my Space FP. Although I guess there is no late. But almost as far as park closing.

hcswingfield

As noted previously, we had teams in all four parks today. The MK results are in, and I expect the other park results to be available on Sunday.

Here are the results of today's testing at the Magic Kingdom: 6 Expired FASTPASSes used, 6 expired FASTPASSes accepted. That's good.

Detailed notes from the MK test team:

We had no problem at all using expired fast passes today on 6 different rides - Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear.

Each time we picked up a FP, we asked a cast member if it would be a problem if we couldn't get back on time. They always responded "no problem."

We used two approaches when returning: I always told the FP cast member that I wasn't able to get back during my allotted time and could I still use my pass and Richard always used the approach of just showing his FP and not saying anything.

We both had no problem at all getting in with expired fast passes - 1 1/2 hours late, 1 hour late, and then 1/2 hour late.

At one point, before we headed back to try getting in the rides, we each had 3 unused fast passes in our possession. Each fast pass noted that we could get another in one hour, which we did.

Here's a breakdown of the data:

Attraction / FP pick up / Standby time / FP Return Time / TEST TIME / Standby time / FP Return Time

Pan / 9:44 / 10 / 10:25-11:25 / 1:00 / 40 / 4:25-5:25
Pooh / 9:43 / 10 / 10:20-11:20 / 1:00 / 50 / 4:25-5:25
Splash / 10:30 / 20 / 11:10-12:10 / 1:15 / 40 / 2:10-3:10
Thunder / 10:30 / 20 / 11:10-12:10 / 1:15 / 20 / 2:55-3:55
Space / 11:15 / 40 / 12:30-1:30 / 2:00 / 60 / 5:30-6:30
Buzz / 11:15 / 20 / 11:55-12:55 / 1:45 / 40 / 2:25-3:25

----------------------------------------------------------------

So that's encouraging. More soon.

Len

Thanks to you and your team, Len!

AEfx

You should never make it part of your *plan* to break the rules, that's just a recipie for disaster.

It is true that most of the time they will let you go, but that's just to be nice because they want you to enjoy your visit. Planning on this kindness just seems like playing with bad karma.

AEfx

lentesta

Premium Member
An update: we had no problem using expired FASTPASSes over the weekend in any of the parks. We used more than 25 expired FASTPASSes in all four parks, and every single one of them worked. So I take back my earlier post.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
An update: we had no problem using expired FASTPASSes over the weekend in any of the parks. We used more than 25 expired FASTPASSes in all four parks, and every single one of them worked. So I take back my earlier post.
even soarin'?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom