Late FP Returns Tightening Up?

lentesta

Premium Member
^Don't run into me then because ill turn you away using old passes...

As long as your policy is the same as everyone else's, we're cool.

I'll check to see about Soarin' - I thought we'd not tested it.

Happy Memorial Day!

Len

Blizz

and, as we've already heard, some CMs do advertise the fact that you can return late, which is not appropriate.

You know what, the people like you that try to make CM's look like its their problem are the same ones I saw day in and out causing the so called "fastpass issue." It is not because of cast memebers sharing it, its thanks to guests learning on their own and finding out, its cast (or former cast) like myself who help to clear up what guests uncover. There is no rule that prevents me or any cast from talking about a system whose rules are available to anyone who reads the fine print or visits guest relations and asks for furthur clarification.

Before you try to put the blame on cast I suggest you take a look at what you, as a, forgive my term, "stupid guest", has done in the past. (taking that name from StupidGuestTricks.com, so please dont feel insulted) I can say with confidence that eveyone here who says its wrong to use it after its time has done it at least once (or considered it) and has found it to be easier to do then have someone like me act like a jerk and turn you away for 5 minutes or 5 hours.

The system is designed with the knowledge that guests will do this, and therefore it wont back up the FP line like some of you have suggested. When you see a bloated FP line it is usually thanks to a tour group (sometimes more then one) or a mix of a lot of FP and a lot of Guest Assistance Pass using guests and ride re-entry and rider switch passes.

Please dont be quick to place blame or discuss things of which you do not know. Cast know their limits of what can be shared with guests, some go beyond what should be shared, but only because they are excited by the job they do and they continue to work at a very very low paying job to enjoy the moments when they can truly making a day magical for a guest. That is why I stayed, and if it meant explaing FP in more detail then Disney markets, then so be it, because I made someone's day better.

Here is a quote once shared with me by a Disney manager when I first started and acted like I knew it all about Disney. It fits some of what I have read all over these boards since I started visiting: "You dont know what you dont know."

You know what, the people like you that try to make CM's look like its their problem are the same ones I saw day in and out causing the so called "fastpass issue." It is not because of cast memebers sharing it, its thanks to guests learning on their own and finding out, its cast (or former cast) like myself who help to clear up what guests uncover. There is no rule that prevents me or any cast from talking about a system whose rules are available to anyone who reads the fine print or visits guest relations and asks for furthur clarification.

Before you try to put the blame on cast I suggest you take a look at what you, as a, forgive my term, "stupid guest", has done in the past. (taking that name from StupidGuestTricks.com, so please dont feel insulted) I can say with confidence that eveyone here who says its wrong to use it after its time has done it at least once (or considered it) and has found it to be easier to do then have someone like me act like a jerk and turn you away for 5 minutes or 5 hours.

The system is designed with the knowledge that guests will do this, and therefore it wont back up the FP line like some of you have suggested. When you see a bloated FP line it is usually thanks to a tour group (sometimes more then one) or a mix of a lot of FP and a lot of Guest Assistance Pass using guests and ride re-entry and rider switch passes.

Please dont be quick to place blame or discuss things of which you do not know. Cast know their limits of what can be shared with guests, some go beyond what should be shared, but only because they are excited by the job they do and they continue to work at a very very low paying job to enjoy the moments when they can truly making a day magical for a guest. That is why I stayed, and if it meant explaing FP in more detail then Disney markets, then so be it, because I made someone's day better.

Here is a quote once shared with me by a Disney manager when I first started and acted like I knew it all about Disney. It fits some of what I have read all over these boards since I started visiting: "You dont know what you dont know."

Amen! As a former cast member and lead at Disneyland Park, I agree with you fully!:sohappy:

Wilt Dasney

As it seems (based on len's post) that there is no change in how Cast Members accept Fastpasses at the moment, I'd say this argument has fallen into "hypothetically-based p*ssing match" territory. :shrug:

ToTBellHop

Um, actually you don't know me, and no I have not used a FP after its listed time. I am literate and if I miss the time, I don't care. It's called vacation. And I'll say what I want about CMs. If you think all 50,000+ employees at Walt Disney World are fantastic and do exactly as they are trained, you are living in your own little world. Yes, CMs do advertise the fact that you can use FPs late. Thank you for talking down to me, though. I hope you do know make it a point to talk down to "stupid guests" normally. I am by no means stupid. I do, however, have little patience for CMs with their noses in the air. You clearly seem to think you know all and everyone else is a "stupid guest" though (I don't care where the term came from...most of the offensive terms I use have not been of my own creation, and that somehow doesn't make them any less offensive). There are plenty of "stupid CMs" that I have run into over the years, and it would be incredibly naive to suggest they don't exist. Any workforce of 50,000+ working for Disney's wages will have its fair share if idiots. If you find that offensive, I really don't care. It is the stupid people of the world that make the rest of us look smart. If you think everyone here is ignorant and stupid, why do you post here? Get kicks out of putting people down?

Blizz

Amen! As a former cast member and lead at Disneyland Park, I agree with you fully!:sohappy:

I just hate seeing people who have no clue what they are talking about go and start running their mouth.

On a happier note, a friend just told me that Disney has been looking into putting in FP machines that dispense FP tickets and then can be switched over to dispensing extra magic hour wristbands. He saw some paperwork for it come across his desk. He said they would load the machine with a roll of wristbands and guests would be able to get EMH bands on their own. I see a whole new set of problems with that, but it does sound cool.

Epcotian

Original Poster
OP here. I started this thread hoping to find out from CM's and others if the rumors about FP tightening were true. Thank you, Len, for your team's efforts last week! Evidently the system continues to work just as it was designed and Disney has no problems with it.

Thanks Blizz for your insight. I appreciate the CM's who have posted. Thanks for all you do, guys and gals! You're held to a higher standard by your employers and the public than any other theme park operators out there and you do a tremendous job in often challenging conditions for little (financial) reward! I can't wait to visit with some of you next week! You're the ones who make the magic happen and the popularity of all the Disney boards show that you're doing just that!

redterror

Actually this is exactly why I'm posting the question here. I've read elsewhere that it is official Disney policy to accept FP's anytime same day after the return window begins and that CM's are trained this way. Knowing that there are CM's actively posting here, I was hoping to get their input. As I said, if this is frowned upon by Disney, I'm certainly not intending to do it. But if this is indeed official policy, then it's not cheating the system. The system would be built to follow the policy, if you get what I'm saying. But maybe others disagree, and I want to know if that's the case.

I appreciate your response and all the other responses so far! I knew things would pick up here once the workweek began!:ROFLOL:

nicely said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom