Largest School Shooting in US History

Tramp

My heart is heavy today with the loss of the Virginia Tech students and teachers and my prayers are sincerely offered for the families suffering thru this ordeal. I can't imagine having to deal with this as a parent.

It brought back memories of the a-hole that killed some 16 students in 1966 when he fired from a tower on the University of Texas campus on unsuspecting students walking to class.

...and then these cowardly killers turn the gun on themselves. :fork: I have no forgiveness in me for people like this and I hope they burn in hell for eternity.

EDIT: God bless the brave professor who was killed while barricading a door allowing his students to escape. He was a survivor of the Holocaust and, ironically, yesterday was the Holocaust Remembrance Day. May he rest in peace.

Nemo14

I know that reality is hitting hard this morning to all those at VT - keeping you all in my prayers! :kiss:

prberk

Just letting all of the Va Tech people know that all of us at William and Mary are thinking about you all and praying for you. We had a gathering of all of our students tonight to express out condolences for our fellow Virginia college students :wave: Hang in there!

I am a William and Mary alumnus (1988), but today my heart is with the students, faculty, families, and alumni of Virginia Tech. If you are in that group, my prayers go out to the Lord for all of you, that He might help bring to you the "peace that surpatheth all understanding" at this time.

We are there with you.

Paul

hokielutz

I'm sure that everyone in Blacksburg appreciates the sentiments, thoughts and prayers that have been expressed here on yesterday's tragedy.

I'm a graduate of VT in 1999. My prayers are with the families and the rest of the community in the Blacksburg area. I was stunned because my experience down there could not lead me to believe that this would ever happen.

I hope and I pray that this experience will bring everyone together into and closer and tighter family. We all share in this tragedy... but from this experience and grieving together... strength shall be found.

robynchic

A very poignant political cartoon came out today.

techtragedy2.JPG

Iakona

EDIT: God bless the brave professor who was killed while barricading a door allowing his students to escape. He was a survivor of the Holocaust and, ironically, yesterday was the Holocaust Remembrance Day. May he rest in peace.

Even in the face of the unforgivable evil that was unleashed, once again heroes are revealed as they counter the lowest of human behavior with the greatest of all human qualities; self-sacrifice.

hcswingfield

The University of Alabama at Birmingham, where I work, is observing a University-wide moment of silence at 3 Central time today in memory of the victims.

prberk

MSNBC is streaming the Virginia Tech convocation service live right now. The President and our Virginia governor have just spoken. Others are up next. Thought I would let you know that you can get the stream free right now on www.msnbc.com. Just go to that web page and click on their link to watch live and it will open up the player, live, in a separate window.

Paul

Disneybird

The first thing I did when I heard about the tragedy, was call my daughter in college just to tell her I love her.

I saw on the news today that the first male killed in the tragedy was trying to help the first victim of the shooting. God bless them all.

joanna71985

The first thing I did when I heard about the tragedy, was call my daughter in college just to tell her I love her.

I saw on the news today that the first male killed in the tragedy was trying to help the first victim of the shooting. God bless them all.

:cry: That is so sad.

St205

We had a moment of complete silence today at my campus.... now is when I'm hearing about a professor who blocked a door allowing students to escape and then he was killed.

My god..I just don't know what to think. Earth is filled with such amazing human beings.

tigsmom

Just got a Breaking News email alert that says "Virginia Tech building evacuated, police swarm with guns drawn". :(

Something about the belief that they needed to secure the president's office (next door to the engineering building), they are also quoted as saying "its over". :shrug:

sbkline

Without reading through the whole thread, can someone tell me if the gunman killed himself, too? They were just talking about it on TV while ago and they didn't say yay or nay on that question.

I have hardly heard anything about it, either. I don't watch much news anyway, and I have been busy the past two days and have heard even less news than usual.

hcswingfield

We had a moment of complete silence today at my campus.... now is when I'm hearing about a professor who blocked a door allowing students to escape and then he was killed.

My god..I just don't know what to think. Earth is filled with such amazing human beings.

The professor you are speaking of was also a Holocaust survivor. Monday was Holocaust rememberence day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom