Lame excuse for nightlife?

Disneyson 1

Wow. Just... wow. A "must skip". The preformers try SOOO hard to excite the "crowd", but it's really so pathetic. If Downtown Disney is the advertisement for the parks, I feel bad for the other shows.

NMBC1993

Wow, it's really sad to see that Disney has sunk so low as to call this their "awesome new family friendly entertainment". But I guess since Disney isn't getting any money off of it I shouldn't expect anything else. At least with PI, they had regular money coming in and the people who went actually had a good time.

NiarrNDisney

I said it once I will say it again "This looks about as fun as a ROOT CANAL!" :hammer: What next musical chairs and pin the tail on the Donkey, Yikes :eek: what a bore :snore:

71jason

The DJs are very talented (one works for a local radio station, another used to work between band sets at the Beach Club). And I admire the talent and enthusiasm of the stilt-walkers. But there's an old expression, you can't make chiken salad out of chicken [excrement].

The saddest part the first day was watching them go from "anyone celebrating a birthday today?" to "a birthday this month?" to "a birthday anytime in the next three months?".

Occasionally this draws a crowd for a few minutes, but none of the guests are paying a cover, and hardly any are heading over to buy drinks afterward. Yet this uses the same number of performers as the Adventurers Club. Would love to hear the plants and marks on the board argue how this makes sense.

NMBC1993

Occasionally this draws a crowd for a few minutes, but none of the guests are paying a cover, and hardly any are heading over to buy drinks afterward. Yet this uses the same number of performers as the Adventurers Club. Would love to hear the plants and marks on the board argue how this makes sense.

It's all because Disney doesn't want to admit they were wrong. That and the fact they are too cheap to actually pay for anything anymore.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The DJs are very talented (one works for a local radio station, another used to work between band sets at the Beach Club). And I admire the talent and enthusiasm of the stilt-walkers. But there's an old expression, you can't make chiken salad out of chicken [excrement].

The saddest part the first day was watching them go from "anyone celebrating a birthday today?" to "a birthday this month?" to "a birthday anytime in the next three months?".

Cost-wise, I would guess these folks are less, becuase they probably are Actors' Equity. But that surely doesn't explain it to me. I'm going with the "Don't want to admit a mistake" theory.

jakeman

Would love to hear the plants and marks on the board argue how this makes sense.
It doesn't make sense. Anyone who only loosely follows WDW can see how poorly PI was managed in its last 7-8 years. The times changed and PI not only didn't, it flailed around like a fish out of water.

So instead of fixing it, they closed it up and are doing something different. Only time will tell if the finished product is superior to the original.

Scooter

Really? You're seriously going to say this is an improvement, or even a worthwhile use of time?

I think people aren't giving this a chance. I think most of you havn't been there to see the crowd interactions and are judging this event on one or two you tube videos.

I also think that if John Lennon and George Harrison came back from their graves and joined the remaining Beatles for an accoustic jam session at PI some of you would STILL not be happy.

In short, for some of you, it doesn't matter who or what is going on at Pleasure Island. You won't be happy until it is back the way it was or at least until The Adventurers Club returns.

I'm not commenting on the interactive show at PI until I see it myself next May. Making judgement on a show you haven't experianced just seems short sighted, narrow minded and hypocritical to me.

Lee

Adventurer
In short, for some of you, it doesn't matter who or what is going on at Pleasure Island. You won't be happy until it is back the way it was or at least until The Adventurers Club returns.
Yes, exactly.
Anything there that is not Adventurers Club is a waste of time and is to be avoided.
End of story.:cool:

Trouble now is, I'm gonna have a hard time making my periodic pilgrimages to pay homage to my dear Club without having to deal with this street party nonsense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom