Lame excuse for nightlife?

JWG

This sounds like a weak attempt to offer some type of evening entertainment since there really isn't any, especially nights the parks aren't open late.

Spaceship Tony

I know we lost pleasure island, but is "Dance Hall" on the boardwalk a decent dance place? We're going in May and are looking for something to do at night, seeing as we're mid twenties with no kids!

Spaceship Tony

And did I read this correctly that its an outdoor area with two djs spinning? Why dont they just open open of the clubs back up...it makes no sense

NiarrNDisney

This sounds about as fun as getting a Root Canal. :snore:
I don't see how this will compare to the clubs or even if it will draw that much of a crowd.
Whatever!
I think I will stick to hanging out at one of the Bars and lounges around the Boardwalk or RIX Lounge at CSR. Last Saturday when my friend and I decided to go out for a couple of drinks we went to Fuego and HoB and they were both dead as a doornail. We were heading back to the Resort and passed by Raglan Road and it seemed they were getting ready to close, it was 12:30pm, that seemed a bit early. Anyway we went back to the Resort and opted to have one last drink at the lobby bar then settled in for the night.

overdrive

Original Poster
And did I read this correctly that its an outdoor area with two djs spinning? Why dont they just open open of the clubs back up...it makes no sense

Tell me about it, makes no sense to move disney live? Just leave it where it was. I seriously doubt this will draw any type of crowd. This really isn't how disney does things, its so cheesy and half cooked.:brick:

Rob562

One of the frequent posters on the rec.arts.disney.parks newsgroup interviewed for a DJ position a couple weeks ago (never heard whether he got the job or not), but he wasn't able to say what the job was for. I guess this is it.

(He *was* able to say that the position required more talking over the mic and "working the crowd" than the typical dance club DJ...)

-Rob

71jason

Started tonight. One DJ in the booth over Laffers, the other "working the crowd," asking people what they are celebrating, leading them in standard wedding dances (Electric Slide, Macarena), etc. Also has two stilt-walkers and two "helpers" to assist in motivating the crowd. There is a stage, of a sort, but it wasn't really used.

Basically, a version of the kids dance part, but aimed at adults and staged in the middle of the sidewalk. Exept that it was 80% kids participating anyway. Kind of lame, to be honest.

DisneyFreak1228

What a horrid idea. They're trying to bring in more people, and in all honesty, I think it'll just drive them away even more. They should just reopen at least Adventurers and be done with it. At least that way, PI won't be such a ghost town anymore.

Until then, I'll stick to Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk, thanks.

Scooter

It makes perfect sense to me.

They are having street entertainment to fill in the Dead Zones so the walkway between Marketplace and West End isn't so boring.

Stiltwalkers, DJ's, Ring carvers, street characters, and the like will be there to keep the walking traffic guests entertained.

It's simply a way to allow Disney to wait until this recession ends to get new, and better venues in Pleasure Island.

Give it a chance people, no need to be so negative.
In the mean time, if you need to drink to have fun, either go off property, drink at Disney's Boardwalk, Drink around the World at Epcot's World Showcase or buy a twelve pack and get hammered in your rooms.:lol:

There's been more than one time I've spent the night at The Contemporary Resorts bar The Outer Rim and had a great night.

We have to go where the fun is, and since the Pleasure Island Bars are all closed, it darn sure isn't there anymore, so we need to quit sulking and find our fun elsewhere.

I'll be at WDW in 37 days and already have plans to party with Mexican Margarita's, tall beers in the UK, and Short beers with Dueling pianos at Jellyrolls.:sohappy:

overdrive

Original Poster

They are having street entertainment to fill in the Dead Zones so the walkway between Marketplace and West End isn't so boring.

Stiltwalkers, DJ's, Ring carvers, street characters, and the like will be there to keep the walking traffic guests entertained.

It's simply a way to allow Disney to wait until this recession ends to get new, and better venues in Pleasure Island.

In the mean time, if you need to drink to have fun, either go off property, drink at Disney's Boardwalk, Drink around the World at Epcot's World Showcase or buy a twelve pack and get hammered in your rooms.:lol:

There's been more than one time I've spent the night at The Contemporary Resorts bar The Outer Rim and had a great night.

We have to go where the fun is, and since the Pleasure Island Bars are all closed, it darn sure isn't there anymore, so we need to quit sulking and find our fun elsewhere.

I'll be at WDW in 37 days and already have plans to party with Mexican Margarita's, tall beers in the UK, and Short beers with Dueling pianos at Jellyrolls.:sohappy:

Your totally right! Maybe I can even get and autograph from goofy and mickey while Im trying to spend some adult time away from the kids. Thats only after getting my picture taken with the stilt guys with my new ring I had carved. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you're half kidding there Scooter, but not everyone's goal when going to PI back in the day was to "get hammered". I went with friends and family, and we went there to dance, enjoy comedy at the Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse and have an experience that wasn't themed towards parents with little kiddies.

Unfortunately my friends/kin and I have little interest in the other clubs and nightspots left at WDW. We've ended up elsewhere in town (restaurants, movies, comedy venues, etc). It's a shame PI was left to rot (for lack of a better word), and that very non-unique venues may be taking its place in the future.

liquid toez

The new DJ booth location and DJ crowd interaction tasks are an inprovement to the old PI Live set-up. Its designed to get people, young, old, and in between involved. Often times, the people involved provide the best entertainment, its spontaneous and full of suprises. People like to watch other ordinary people in the spotlight to see how they react and respond. The location is just right for that kind of entertainment; plenty of room, good lighting, and a nice introduction for people entering across the west side bridge. The old location was too narrow and had bottlenecks of congestion when something entertaining was going on. Give it chance and make the best of it.

The Atlantic Dance Hall is a great venue for dancing - big dance floor, big video screen, and the DJ accepts requests. However, most of the time its kind of dead there - they don't advertise and promote the venue.

City Walk is really hoping these days; especially on Saturday night - its THE place to go for adult nightlife entertainment.

hrcollectibles

I know we lost pleasure island, but is "Dance Hall" on the boardwalk a decent dance place? We're going in May and are looking for something to do at night, seeing as we're mid twenties with no kids!

I have gone to Dance Hall a few times .. The place was dead.. I went on a Saturday Night and there were maybe a dozen people there. I don't know how the crowds are now though. The last time i was there pleasure Island was still open so that may have impacted Dance Hall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom