LaL removal!!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
But without the tarps, where would the little birdies live? Without them, it IS entirely pointless. Right now it's a very large birdhouse.

JWG

I'd have to think real hard and possibly look for our scrap "box" (yea some wives to books, mine throws everything in a "to be booked box") but I think those photos are there until at least 2010. I'm fairly certain we were guaranteed (yea, did this in 2000 for our honeymoon and the millenium deal) they'd be on display in Epcot (though not necessarily that spot) for 10 years, and that they'd remain "on property" for some period of tiem beyond.

Had we known then what we know now - we wouldn't of done it. We did it before the "tombstones" existed. We have visited the photo a few times since - you kind of feel like you have to.

We did chose in 2005 NOT to do an additiona 5 year anniversary photo, however.

I say move them into WoL - nothing going on there.

KnK

We have two tiles. Did not pay for either of them, but we love going back to look at them each year. I am glad to see the kiosk go....but hope they don't remove the pictures any time soon.

ASilmser

It is my understanding from an article I read when I did LaL (because it was free! YAY Free things!) that Disney owns the rights at any point of time to remove those stones without notice and reimbursement to the picture's owner. It would be basic protection so that noone could ever sue if anything happened to their "Legacy".

This is not true. I just looked at my literature a couple of weeks ago (yes, we have one with our infant daughter and her grandfather. We thought it would be cool for her to see herself on her first trip to WDW each time she went throughout her life). It says in our paperwork that the image will be up for 20 (or 25, can't remember) years. It is pretty clear, however, that it does not necessarily have to be up AT ITS CURRENT LOCATION. Disney has the right to change the location and configuration of the display. (I think it can be anywhere at EPCOT). If I have time, I will dig up the contract again and post the exact wording. In short: they are up at EPCOT until 2020 or 2025, but they can be in a different spot and displayed in a different manner.

CrashNet

This is not true. I just looked at my literature a couple of weeks ago (yes, we have one with our infant daughter and her grandfather. We thought it would be cool for her to see herself on her first trip to WDW each time she went throughout her life). It says in our paperwork that the image will be up for 20 (or 25, can't remember) years. It is pretty clear, however, that it does not necessarily have to be up AT ITS CURRENT LOCATION. Disney has the right to change the location and configuration of the display. (I think it can be anywhere at EPCOT). If I have time, I will dig up the contract again and post the exact wording. In short: they are up at EPCOT until 2020 or 2025, but they can be in a different spot and displayed in a different manner.
Exactly...yes the kiosk is going, but I wouldn't expect the "tombstones," which I really don't see what's so bad about them, to be going anywhere for quite a while. I'll put it this way, the Leave a Legacy pilars will be removed the same time the wand is removed.

imamouse

I wish they would move the "tombstones" - perhaps place them along the path to the bus stops or near the monorail station? I really liked the garden that used to be Epcot's entrance.

morgan22

When do you think it will be removed? Are the computers still working at the moment?

Only asking cause we have never seen ours (lost the location and have never bothered to find it out again) and it might be nice to see it - so we would need some way of finding out the location this trip.

rbrower

I wish they would move the "tombstones" - perhaps place them along the path to the bus stops or near the monorail station? I really liked the garden that used to be Epcot's entrance.
yeah, I think that would be nice too. However, I don't think that they would do that. They have been in the same place for a while and they are not really in the way so there isn't really that much of a reason to move them.:wave: :)

raven

Is this all due to the new sponsorship for SSE? I mean it isn't in SSE but it's next to the elevator. They will probably rip it and and replace it with another flowerbed.

DisneyWales

LaL

The paperwork we signed stated that they would be on display for 10 years after purchase anywhere at disneys choice within the resort, as in WDW Resort.

They can be taken away for no more than six months (i.e. damage, movment etc)

That from the T&C when we bought ours in 2003.

Ive never been before the whole wand and Tombstones era so i have no idea what Epcot looked like in the "Golden Era".

But i think it looks nice as it is.

But hey each to their own i guess.:veryconfu

Paul&chris2005

From what we were told when we looked into getting a tile last year the stones will be there till 2020, then relocated tot he back of the park in WS in the African Villiage themed bit - thats going to be rethemed to accomodate the stones. Once they are moved there, then that should be the final place for the stones. Not my first choice of where to put them, but thats what we got told at the LaL desk.

Im doing a Undiscovered Futureworld tour in 2 weeks time so I'll try and find out more about it then.

coasterridr

The infared emmiter thats makes pal mickey talk about SE is mounted on that kiosk (black box near the top center) They will have to move that if Pal Mickey will be used later.

Picture of the stupid thing (I told you I took angry photos):

IZGFQ-100_2467.JPG

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The permits specify that the Pal Mickey emitters (it mentions them by name) will be relocated to the surrounding buildings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom