LaL removal!!!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I think the tombstones are a fantastic addition to what was a cold sterile area in front of SSE. The faces and messages really do express that Disney Magic.

Besides they add to the wand and are pure dead brilliant at irritating the self proclaimed guardians of Disney's purity of message.

And for that, and the fact that not being a cheapskate I have two tiles of my own, I salute them.:wave:

MickeyTigg

They filed eprmits to remove the Leave and Legacy kiosk from the mirror column on SSE!

It's not all of LaL, that probably wont happen ever because of all of the people who paid - it wouldn't be fair - but it gets rid of an eyesore!

I'm so happy, I've wanted that crappy kiosk gone for ages!

Update: the permit also lists the current sales area for LaL on the side of the entrance plaza as being marked for removal.

Oh...I hope this is true...bring back the clean look the Epcot Entrance Plaza again.

PoTCGuy

If I remember correctly the acrylic sculptures were sold to a car dealership in Arizona somewhere. I was told this from someone who worked for mousesurplus and sold them. I think they are still on display in Arizona. :wave:

Thanks! If any Arizona residents out there happen to come across them, a photo would be appreciated!

jasondiff

Leave a Legacy Website said:
Then, through the magic of digital photography, your images will be added to the sculpture.

Wow, that new-fangled digital photography thing is so cool. How I wish I could take digital pictures myself! :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Anyone else think it's cool that BVCC's address is 3291 Wedway? Where is that street? Google Maps and Mapquest can't locate it. (They actually put it on Avenue of the Stars behind Guest Relations, but tell you the location is approximate.)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Wow, that new-fangled digital photography thing is so cool. How I wish I could take digital pictures myself! :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Anyone else think it's cool that BVCC's address is 3291 Wedway? Where is that street? Google Maps and Mapquest can't locate it. (They actually put it on Avenue of the Stars behind Guest Relations, but tell you the location is approximate.)

If you pull up a map of the area and look at the image from space, behind Wonders of Life you'll see a little building. That's the Imagineering building at Epcot. It's sort of the satellite location to cover WDW and handles all sorts of things - sort of the daily stuff.

naumoney

However, I have no problem with them relocating it anywhere they choose.... just as long as Disney sends me a refund check before doing so, because I paid for it to be exactly where it is for 20 years.

Nope!

Leave a Legacy Application Agreement said:
5. As the WALT DISNEY WORLD(R) resort is ever-changing, the Guest agrees that the Image and Image Location may be replaced or relocated within the WALT DISNEY WORLD(R) Resort and that if the Image is relocated, it may be displayed in a different manner on a different medium than that present at the original Image Location. Access to the Image Location may be restricted or temporarily closed without liability to the Guest.

Sorry dude, but you signed it, so don't get your hopes up about that check. :)

brkgnews

that if the Image is relocated, it may be displayed in a different manner on a different medium than that present at the original Image Location. Access to the Image Location may be restricted or temporarily closed without liability to the Guest.

Now that's interesting. Technically speaking in slimy loophole talk, they could have the images flashing on a computer screen somewhere in DACS control and be totally legal. Granted they wouldn't go that far, but based solely on the contract language, they could get away with pretty much anything they wanna do. Frankly, they could probably just fire up that website they'd promised in the first place.

ToTBellHop

I think they would still try to keep it in the parks. I could see them firing up a few computers to the side of the entrance plaza for guests to search for their pictures, and maybe the screensaver could randomly show all of the pictures. This would almost be something they could put at all of the Theme Parks, Water Parks, and Resorts that they could allow guests to see for free and, of course, email the pics to themselves. You'd have to pay to get copies of the pics, but your family and friends could view them for free. That way, families could pose for pictures as they want with the background they want without having to wait in lines like they usually have to for such services. Then they could clean up the entrance way to Epcot but still have a tasteful way of showing the pictures--and maybe we'd get some trees and grass in the entrance?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom