LaL removal!!!!

Enigma

Account Suspended
Oh - and that Public Relations person who said "all work will take place inside of Spaceship Earth" can kiss my tushy.

This is officially the coolest disney nerd statement ever.

I knew that public relations rep was misinformed because the original email sent to managers said that work on the "area around SSE would be complete by spring 2008".

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Picture of the stupid thing (I told you I took angry photos):

IZGFQ-100_2467.JPG

SDav10495

More of the wand.

:lol:

I was just thinking--was there an official reason for the removal of the lucite sculpture from the entrance fountain? And if there's no money-making (yeah right) kiosk on the column anymore that a sculpture would block...what do we think of the possibility that they could install a new sculpture in the future?

Champion

:lol:

I was just thinking--was there an official reason for the removal of the lucite sculpture from the entrance fountain? And if there's no money-making (yeah right) kiosk on the column anymore that a sculpture would block...what do we think of the possibility that they could install a new sculpture in the future?

The reason was because LaL was going in. If they do move LaL elsewhere, I would guess they would put a new sculpture in. (the old one was sold)

disnyfan89

It is my understanding from an article I read when I did LaL (because it was free! YAY Free things!) that Disney owns the rights at any point of time to remove those stones without notice and reimbursement to the picture's owner. It would be basic protection so that noone could ever sue if anything happened to their "Legacy".

Champion

It is my understanding from an article I read when I did LaL (because it was free! YAY Free things!) that Disney owns the rights at any point of time to remove those stones without notice and reimbursement to the picture's owner. It would be basic protection so that noone could ever sue if anything happened to their "Legacy".

Yeah, I'm sure thats in there. But they wouldn't do it, don't want bad pub and/or people upset. They could certainly move them elsewhere, but they won't just get rid of them.

gsimpson

I agree with Photo

I would love to see the entrance esplanade returned to something modern, vibrant, and fitting the theme of future world. I have always thought the leave a legacy obelisks bore a depressing likeness to tombstones and for some reason tombstones tend to make me think of the past and not the future. Of course we all know that if they got rid of them altogether someone would hire dewy, cheatem, and how to sue, but I think they could relocate them to some less central location. Perhaps outside the gates on the way to the bus stops so that people who purchased the photos could have their friends view them without having pay for admission the Epcot.

disnyfan89

Yeah, I'm sure thats in there. But they wouldn't do it, don't want bad pub and/or people upset. They could certainly move them elsewhere, but they won't just get rid of them.
Maybe they could remove the stones and make placks out of theme and send you your "Legacy." They do have everyone's address on file.

Rob562

They filed eprmits to remove the Leave and Legacy kiosk from the mirror column on SSE!

It's not all of LaL, that probably wont happen ever because of all of the people who paid - it wouldn't be fair - but it gets rid of an eyesore!

I'm so happy, I've wanted that crappy kiosk gone for ages!

Update: the permit also lists the current sales area for LaL on the side of the entrance plaza as being marked for removal.

Why is the song "Brand New Day" from "The Wiz" playing in my head? :animwink:

-Rob

shoppingnut

My understanding was the pictures were supposed to be up until at least 2020. That's what I recall the CM telling me that was trying to sell me on LaL. They certainly could, however, condense them as many of the aren't full.

I also hate the look of them, it does remind me of a graveyard.

Enigma

Account Suspended
that thing is disgusting im glad there removing it. It makes the disney parks look cheap as if Epcot is run by hucksters looking to make a quick buck.

So are they also removing that abandoned kiosk on the right side when you first walk into epcot? I hate that thing.

Bratstarman

that thing is disgusting im glad there removing it. It makes the disney parks look cheap as if Epcot is run by hucksters looking to make a quick buck.

So are they also removing that abandoned kiosk on the right side when you first walk into epcot? I hate that thing.

hmmm... in a creative bit of theming, maybe the plaques can be moved to "Chester and Hester's" to centralize all the tackiness?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom