La Fiesta de MJ

Uponastar

dandaman said:
Hiya

Was the pool all right last night?

I had one of the best times ever last night!!!!
The pool was soooo warm!
And the DJ played all kinds of fun stuff that we "danced" to in the water.
It was crazy and just plain fun!
I didn't want it to end!

And you?
How was your evening?

Uponastar

dandaman said:
Nah, Google Earth isn't working... :brick:

I downloaded it, but now it's saying I don't have DirectX, which I do...

I was just checking out the Google Earth Treasure Hunt thread.
That's fun!

lunalovegoddess

MommytoMJM said:
CRUD. I started this and something weird happened and it erased my whole message. GRRRRRRRRR

MJ did good on the pony, until the pony stopped to go to the bathroom then she wanted off. The gal at the stables (Star) was great with MJ and her disabilities and invited us to come over anytime and pet or try to ride the ponies. She wouldn't let us pay for the ride since MJ didn't do all of it. I think this will be great therapy for MJ and great for homeschooling too.

After that, we pin traded at Ft. Wilderness, let MJ play on the playground, then we took the boat over to Wilderness Lodge, pin traded, made flat pennies, looked at the train museum at the Villas and came home. It was a nice day. We're enjoying visisting some resorts and stuff.

Today Andrew is on his regular night schedule, then tomorrow he starts working from 6:50-3:50, for two weeks, if it works well, he'll try it for another two weeks. He may have to ask for a permanent change of schedule, the friend he was commuting with has dissappeared, so MJ and I haven't had the car since she got out of the hospital. This won't work come September when I am going to need to take her to the school for some of her therapies. I don't know what we are going to do, it's exasperating......

:sohappy:I'm so glad that MJ did well with the pony ride, and that you had a nice time. A friend of mine whose child has autism took her to visit a woman who raises llamas or alpacas... I'm a firm believer in pet therapy/animal therapy. I've seen many children with disabilities who have made incredible advances once they started regular interaction with animals. If I come across the link to the alpaca place, I'll let you know. I hope that you have the opportunity to visit the ponies with MJ again soon. :)

I came across something odd this morning that I wondered if you had heard about. On the food allergy website that I frequent, www.foodyoucaneat.com there was an article about the MMR vaccine and a possible link to some forms of autism. Now, it's probably naught to do with MJ's autism, but interesting reading nonetheless. Out of curiosity (because I cannot remember if you told me this) how old was MJ when the docs diagnosed the onset of autism? Considering her age at adoption and all, did she present before you brought her home or after?

Pongo

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
Good morning Luke! :wave:
Since wrok sucked yesterday, I think you deserve a day off!

Tell me about it. I was hoping for a 4 hour day, now it's looking like 5 or six. yuck.

I hate when people randomly decide not to come in :mad:

Whatever. Could be worse.

Uponastar

Pongo said:
Tell me about it. I was hoping for a 4 hour day, now it's looking like 5 or six. yuck.

I hate when people randomly decide not to come in :mad:

Whatever. Could be worse.

Maybe it won't be so bad today. :lookaroun

Uponastar

Pongo said:
Let's hope so.

What are you doing today?

Well, last night was our pool party and we have tons of leftover goodies.
And since it's going to be in the high 90s today, we'll be taking all those leftovers right back to the pool.
Wish you could join us.
Really, I do.

Pongo

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
Well, last night was our pool party and we have tons of leftover goodies.
And since it's going to be in the high 90s today, we'll be taking all those leftovers right back to the pool.
Wish you could join us.
Really, I do.

Aw, me too.

I'll be with you in spirit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom