KODAK Wanting Out of Imagination?

Thrill Seeker

Sorry that Honor belongs to the Under New Management Tiki Room! Now thats an easy fix: Bring the Disneyland Cali version to WDW! Of course your choice is a close second! :)

As for getting rid of Imagination...there are a ton of Figment fans...and Disney already tried to "retire" him before and well you all know how badly that was for them lol.... I agree with a lot of the others about the original Dreamfinder and Figment "team" being the best...they should restore the length of the ride...put some real serious Imagineering into the attraction, but still keeping it a ride that we can enjoy with our kids...a thrill ride would KILL the love in my opinion.... The Imagination pavilion should always be simply "Fun" for all ages.

I'd say Sounds Dangerous is one of the worst things Disney has ever come up with... You sit in the dark and listen to Drew Carry fumble around... Sounds like a blast...

The HISTA Pre-Show is awful though. Hopefully something a bit different replaces it...

wbt06

I think they should try to get Nintendo to sponsor the povilian. The imagination that company has is amazing. just think how well the wii did and the new 3d ds that will be shown at e3 this year. Tv makers are having trouble with 3d with no glasses and they are doing it for a hand held gaming system. i think they could breath life into the building.

BrerFrog

I think they should try to get Nintendo to sponsor the povilian. The imagination that company has is amazing. just think how well the wii did and the new 3d ds that will be shown at e3 this year. Tv makers are having trouble with 3d with no glasses and they are doing it for a hand held gaming system. i think they could breath life into the building.

I am a huge Nintendo fan and I would shout in excitement if my two favorite companies paired up in such a fantastic project. :lol:

I think $200 million is a bit unreasonable for the MI coaster. I don't know much about the project, but I think $100 million is more reasonable (the same cost as Expedition Everest and slightly less than Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

I think 100 million is still way too much, considering how short the coaster is rumored to be.

UrbanDonovan

Yeah, because the Virtual Boy went over so well back in the day. :ROFLOL:

Next Big Thing

I think 100 million is still way too much, considering how short the coaster is rumored to be.
Yeah, that and the fact that it is supposed to be basically a rethemed, off the shelf Vekoma roller coaster, sort of like what they did with the off the shelf Vekoma coaster, now known as RnRC.

I don't know how everybody else feels, but I'm ready to buy a Kodak camera to thank them for leaving.

We're worried about what somebody else might do to the pavilion. Disney is smarter than to drop another attraction from the park. Because with less attractions, there is a smaller maximum capacity and then they can sell less tickets. M:S is not bad. It's not Horizons, but its not bad. Same with the new SSE and TT.

As far as what could go in it's place... I think FW is a little thrill heavy right now, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who realizes. So I'm not too worried about that.

As long as they do something NEW with the "Imagination*" Pavilion, I'll be happy.

*Do they still call it the Imagination Pavilion? They must mean it ironically. Like when you call a big guy "Tiny."

JWG

I don't know how everybody else feels, but I'm ready to buy a Kodak camera to thank them for leaving.

We're worried about what somebody else might do to the pavilion. Disney is smarter than to drop another attraction from the park. Because with less attractions, there is a smaller maximum capacity and then they can sell less tickets. M:S is not bad. It's not Horizons, but its not bad. Same with the new SSE and TT.

I think the issues is, TT and Mission Space are still sponsored. M:S got redone when they signed a new sponsor. SSE got version 4 when they got a new sponsor. WoL got shuttered without a sponsor... that trend scares me if Kodak leaves.

about time. something needs to be done, that pavillion is terrible. sad because it used to be a favorite, and now you can just walk right in with hardly any wait. maybe a new face can revive it. just about anything will be an improvement

misterID

Nothing is for sure obviously until they announce something, but the last time I heard, the track design would be one of the two at this link.

I was thinking it was going to be close to Crushes Coaster with the AA's and starting off slow. But that's a real coaster.

*Do they still call it the Imagination Pavilion? They must mean it ironically. Like when you call a big guy "Tiny."

haha

RSoxNo1

Nothing is for sure obviously until they announce something, but the last time I heard, the track design would be one of the two at this link.

We've seen this before, but I don't know if anyone answered this question? Will there be two tracks? If not, this could still be tough for capacity.

The specs only list specifications for 1 vehicle, but the numbers are still likely to be quite low.

aladdin2007

um Im a little lost, are we talking about imagination or something else being designed with two tracks? imagination wont become a coaster will it?

RSoxNo1

um Im a little lost, are we talking about imagination or something else being designed with two tracks? imagination wont become a coaster will it?

The conversation shifted to the rumored Monster's Inc Coaster - that's what the Roller Coaster tracks were for.

Imagination would do well with the trackless technology that probably didn't exist in 1998. Kennywood has a dark ride with these type of cars and all it needs for direction is a copper wire embedded in the concrete. Assuming the Imagination pavilion floor is concrete it would be possible to fill in the "dips' and the turntable area, level it all off, and start with a "blank floor". Then, as figment says, the designers can "turn your imagination loose" and have the wire placed anywhere. Meanwhile, with Michael Jackson there, this can be a showcase for touchLESS technology with touchless doors and restrooms. What is the condition for the rest of the building? If it really is that bad, would it be better to start over?

tirian

Meanwhile, with Michael Jackson there, this can be a showcase for touchLESS technology with touchless doors and restrooms. What is the condition for the rest of the building? If it really is that bad, would it be better to start over?

:ROFLOL:

I just picked myself up from the floor. I think I'm sitting in a newly made puddle.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Imagination would do well with the trackless technology that probably didn't exist in 1998. Kennywood has a dark ride with these type of cars and all it needs for direction is a copper wire embedded in the concrete
Disney has one better; a totally wire-less version called LPS. In Tokyo now, in Hong Kong soon, and after that who knows....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom