KODAK Wanting Out of Imagination?

lebeau

Yes and that'll last maybe a year or so till WWoHP becomes old news and the popularity fades to nothing and the attendance a that park returns to normal.

Attendance will die down. But maybe not down to normal. WWoHP won't "fade to nothing" any time soon. And by then, Uni may have the next big thing.

In the meanwhile, people will be sampling Universal. And they may come away thinking it is a good alternative to Disney.

Not saying it'll happen, but WWoHP could be the start of a long-term momentum swing for Uni.

PurpleDragon

Attendance will die down. But maybe not down to normal. WWoHP won't "fade to nothing" any time soon. And by then, Uni may have the next big thing.

In the meanwhile, people will be sampling Universal. And they may come away thinking it is a good alternative to Disney.

Not saying it'll happen, but WWoHP could be the start of a long-term momentum swing for Uni.

Its possible, but at the same time, after the newness of WWoHP is dying down, the FL Expansion will open up bringing people back to WDW.

So it will continue like it always has, one park will be up while the other is down and vice versa.

Evil Genius

Possibly.

However it's already become clear that WWoHP is going to have capacity issues. Which I think in the long run is going to be detrimental unless they are able to address them quickly.

misterID

I think UNI will most likely get the benefit of locals, which is kind of iffy of the imapct to WDW at this point, tbh. But I've heard that UNI is going to be heavily visited from foreign tourists and that may last for a couple years. I'm not sure that's people coming to UNI on WDW vacations, though. But from what I hear, people are booking vacations specifically for UNI. That shocked me.

Magic Kingdom has been number 1 even in other years where there was no new attractions or shows. I doubt this year will be any different.

That's not true. I know for a fact TDL has beat it. Someone here said DL has beat MK in attendance before. But DL does expect it to beat MK this year.

PurpleDragon

I think UNI will most likely get the benefit of locals, which is kind of iffy of the imapct to WDW at this point, tbh. But I've heard that UNI is going to be heavily visited from foreign tourists and that may last for a couple years. I'm not sure that's people coming to UNI on WDW vacations, though. But from what I hear, people are booking vacations specifically for UNI. That shocked me.

That's not true. I know for a fact TDL has beat it. Someone here said DL has beat MK in attendance before. But DL does expect it to beat MK this year.

Nope, Magic Kingdom in WDW has been the number one park in attendance worldwide since at least 1997, if not earlier(can't find park attendance numbers online prior to that). TDL beat out MK for one year back in 2001 which was only by about 2-3 million guests, which it has never done again. MK in WDW has been number one for park attendance for the past 9 years, I don't see anywhere where it says DL beat out WDW for attendance at any point, its always been #2.

misterID

TDL beat it in 07 or 08. But it did beat it.

I agree, I haven't found where DL beat it, another poster here said that. But that's what they're expecting this year.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I am not sure where you are getting your data from but every attendance report I can find consistently shows MK and DL in the 1 and 2 spot.

What wdwfan22 said is true. MK is #1 more than any other park in the world and they have been able to maintain this rank with little to no expansion ( MK contraction could even be argued). This is both a blessing and a curse. The blessing is that they are making money had over fist by just keeping MK running but the curse is that this will not last forever and the FL expansion is evidence that TDO might have finally realized this.

lebeau

Its possible, but at the same time, after the newness of WWoHP is dying down, the FL Expansion will open up bringing people back to WDW.

So it will continue like it always has, one park will be up while the other is down and vice versa.

You just can't compare HP and FLE. And I say that as someone who has staunchly defended FLe for what it is.

FLE will add capacity to MK. It will do a lot of good.

But Universal stands to benefit from WWoHP for a long time to come. People who would have never sampled Uni will do so. And from what I am hearing, they are impressed with what they are seeing. If Uni can keep the momentum going(and that's a very big if), Disney will have to up its game or fall behind.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
LOL I beat you to it Yoda. :p:lol:
Yeah but I included 2006 as well so there!:lol:

2176156682_b2f92f82e0.jpg

misterID

OLC was combining the numbers of both parks, so that's where I was wrong, so sorry on that front. But it did have 3 million more visitors in 2001, and has been steadily increasing since 2007.

Once the discounts for WDW ends, we'll see.

PurpleDragon

Yeah but I included 2006 as well so there!:lol:

2176156682_b2f92f82e0.jpg

ROFL, love your choice of "Sticking the tongue out" images. :lol:

OLC was combining the numbers of both parks, so that's where I was wrong, so sorry on that front. But it did have 3 million more visitors in 2001, and has been steadily increasing since 2007.

Once the discounts for WDW ends, we'll see.

LOL, you keep hoping!! Walt Disney World MK has held the top spot for theme park attendance for almost 2 decades (minus a year or so where it fell to #2), so I doubt the removal of some vacation discounts will affect that much and somehow give DL some sort of leg up.

Animaniac93-98

Let me think Potter or a ride for kids and loads of meet n greets that isn't ready yet and won't be for at least 2 more years ohh its such a tough choice.

something else to help make that tough choice :animwink:

Unless there is any kind of sharp decline in MK attendance specifically, I fail to see the issue of TDL having a higher attendance. It's happened before.

IOA is what Disney should be focusing on.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Unless there is any kind of sharp decline in MK attendance specifically, I fail to see the issue of TDL having a higher attendance. It's happened before.

Thats why (employment willing and no further daughter weddings) itll be Vegas and the other coast next year. :king:

misterID

LOL, you keep hoping!! Walt Disney World MK has held the top spot for theme park attendance for almost 2 decades (minus a year or so where it fell to #2), so I doubt the removal of some vacation discounts will affect that much and somehow give DL some sort of leg up.

Huh? How is that hoping? I'm going on what people inside DL are saying. I've thought the discounts were pretty genius and it was a great way to keep attendance up. MK is doing good. I don't see that as a bad thing at all. I'd really like to see what happens after the discounts and Potter opens, though. And TDL/DisneySea is growing in popularity and attendance and is expected to eventually take that top spot. For what they're investing in their park, I'd say they deserve it.

The funny thing is, MK is getting the expansion. But in attendance, the other WDW parks arent doing anywhere near as good. That's something I'm looking at and where my main concerns are. My main arguments and cncerns have never been with MK. Obviously MK isn't going to be hurt, but what about the other parks?

PurpleDragon

LOL you guys keep talking like TDL has had number 1 park attendance multiple times. TDL topped out at number 1 for a single year and has not been able to even get past 3rd place since then.

The point I'm making here is that WDW MK has held the number 1 spot for almost 2 decades and Uni hasn't even been able to get past 9th or 10th place. In order for Uni to even have a chance at the top spot, WWoHP would have to bring in roughly 10-12 Million additional visitors each year to top MK. Which from what I hear about the capacity issues with the WWoHP area, that ain't gonna happen.

But anyway lets get back on topic. I hope the Imagination pavilion gets some sort of love after this Captain EO promotional garbage is over.

misterID

LOL you guys keep talking like TDL has had number 1 park attendance multiple times. TDL topped out at number 1 for a single year and has not been able to even get past 3rd place since then.

The point I'm making here is that WDW MK has held the number 1 spot for almost 2 decades and Uni hasn't even been able to get past 9th or 10th place. In order for Uni to even have a chance at the top spot, WWoHP would have to bring in roughly 10-12 Million additional visitors each year to top MK. Which from what I hear about the capacity issues with the WWoHP area, that ain't gonna happen.

But anyway lets get back on topic. I hope the Imagination pavilion gets some sort of love after this Captain EO promotional garbage is over.

Who said UNI was going to take the top spot? No one has talked about that. But UNI could take away days from WDW vacations. And its the other parks(EPCOT, DHS, AK) that look to be the victims in that situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom