Kingdom Hearts III -Imagineering A Video Game

Disneyson 1

East High, Home of the Wildcats of HSM???

:lookaroun

...I kid! I kid.

But what, a Traverse Town lite or something like that?

And didn't Kairi get a poorly constructed flower-blade by the end of KHII for, like 5 seconds?

mharrington

So here are the levels we know will be in the game:

• Destiny Islands
  • Toontown
  • Haunted Grounds

Now we have like 13 levels left to go? What else do we have? Do you know?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, I'm not interested the whole list of worlds to be featured right now, just what the six existing worlds from previous games will return here.

The six worlds are:
  • Destiny Islands
  • Radiant Garden (Hollow Bastion)
  • Olympus Coliseum
  • Atlantica
  • Beast's Castle (Obviously re-named)
  • Port Royal
And I've recently added a seventh existing world, which Is Disney Castle, which will be the next section of the game.

Now, I've also mentioned that there would be a world from the original that would be re-created. Well, to my surpise, I realized that two of the world could be completely re-done. So, I'm leaving it up to you guys to decide.

Would you rather have :
  • A recreation of Neverland (The actual island, Skull Rock, Peter Pan's Hideout, the Indian Tribe and Captain Hook's Ship. Follows the storyline from the movie, consider in KH1, the storyline revolved around rescuing Wendy and escaping the ship, rather than an adventure on the island.)
  • A recreation of Pinocchio's world (No monstro. Focuses on the Alpine village, Pleasure Island and Stromboli's Puppet Theater. Follows the storline from the movie, considering the ony storyline in KH1 had to deal with them being stuck inside Monstro.)

mharrington

Now, I've also mentioned that there would be a world from the original that would be re-created. Well, to my surpise, I realized that two of the world could be completely re-done. So, I'm leaving it up to you guys to decide.

Would you rather have :
  • A recreation of Neverland (The actual island, Skull Rock, Peter Pan's Hideout, the Indian Tribe and Captain Hook's Ship. Follows the storyline from the movie, consider in KH1, the storyline revolved around rescuing Wendy and escaping the ship, rather than an adventure on the island.)
  • A recreation of Pinocchio's world (No monstro. Focuses on the Alpine village, Pleasure Island and Stromboli's Puppet Theater. Follows the storline from the movie, considering the ony storyline in KH1 had to deal with them being stuck inside Monstro.)

Oh, I can't decide. They both look equally good. I guess I would go with Neverland, although if we were to just do Pleasure Island, then we could do go with the Pinocchio world. But still, I can't decide. Maybe after you mention the nine new worlds, maybe then I'll decide which we should choose. But until then, I'm on the fence, 'cause I like them both.

Now, what about the 100 Acre Wood, though? Or do you have plans for a level like that?

Disneyson 1

How much more can you do with Ariel???

Neverland sounds like a LOT of fun, esp. if there are flying minigames. Plus, there are lots of gaming devices/battles/missions that you can pull from Neverland. Pinocchio feels forced, and would Jiminy have to go back with him later??

mharrington

I just thought, though, that if we do have Neverland, wouldn't we be overdoing it with pirates? Because you also planned to bring Port Royal back, too. Maybe if we kept both Neverland and Port Royal far apart from each other in the game. Like if you go to one level earlier in the game and then don't go to the other until much later.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I decided not to put a 100 Acre Wood in. Seriously, how many times do you want to push Pooh of a swingset? However, there is a new world that will have a similar feel as to what 100 Acre Wood was like.

I know, the return of Atlantica. I know onw might think that the game was completely explored, inside and out, in KH1 and 2, but I've created a great original story that fits really well into this game. Of course, the world is still based off the original movie, not the prequel or sequel.

Neverland is great for the flying abilities, boss battles, elaborate environmental setting, The list goes on...But Pinocchio could be just as fun. There's Pleasure Island, which could serve as an actual amusement park within the game, as well as the Puppet Theater, which could be great for mini-games. I'm still undecided. And Jiminy would not stay with Pinocchio, in the end (which actually could prove useful as a good heartfelt storyline :(.)

And this brings another element in, we have Neverland-Pirates and Port Royal-Pirates. There's a lot of Pirates. Separating the levels could provide a better feel, as well.

Now of course, there's the return of the League of Darkness, that always sinister group of Villains. Well, that once sisnister group of Villains, considering everyone has either exploded into particles, been punctured, strewn open and flooded bugs everywhere or was possibly swalloed by a crocodile. That leaves Maleficent and Hades, who are looking to expand their troup. This leaves room for a lot of potential in the game. I'm thinking Maleficent and one of the new villains, having a feud during the game, for control over the group/darkness. Also, having Maleficant team up with Sora at one point could be interesting, as well.

Just some things I've thought out.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Disney Castle

300px-Disney_Castle_(exterior).jpg

The bright light dissapears, only for Sora, Kairi and Riku to discover that they have arrived in the Library of Disney Castle. The area is familiar to Sora, yet unexplored by Kairi and Riku. Along the walls, are various bookshelves stacked with books. Along the entrance wall, next to the door, lies portraits of King Mickey in the various stages of his life.

Standing before them is Queen Minnie and Daisy. They are thrilled to be meeting Sora again. Before any in-depth conversation is held between the Daisy reminds Queen Minnie that the King is waiting for Sora in the Grand Hallway. Queen Minnie and Daisy head towards the bookshelves to continue their study on the problems of late. Before leaving the library, you notice Pluto sleeping in his bed, which resides next to a save point.

You head into the Coroner's Hall, where a spread of enchanted broomsticks carry buckets full of water in their hands. They acknowledge you as you pass by them. On the windows, toy your right, you see a beautiful topiary garden. However, the door opposite of the library is locked, leaving access ungranted. The large door in the middle of the hallway leads to the Grand Hallway. You enter into a smaller door, found within the larger door.

Now, you're in a huge banquet hallway. At the end of the hall, lies King Mickey sitting on his throne, Donald and Goofy, standing to the left and right of him. Sora, Kairi and Riku quickly run down the hallway to be reunited with their friends. Jiminy Cricket appears from behind the throne. After their heartfelt reunion, King Mickey starts to tell Sora the reason why he was brought here.

Apparently, after the defeat of Organization XIII and the release of Kingdom Hearts, the hearts collected by Organization XIII have been touched by darkness. This being said, Kingdom Hearts could be overtaken by darkness, leaving all the worlds among the stars doomed. This has caused an unstable strain within each of the worlds, causing the Heartless to appear. King Mickey entrusts Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku and Kairi to continue their quest. Jiminy will be in charge to chronicle their journey. They must quest throughout a variety of worlds to fight the Heartless and seal the Keyholes, keeping the darkness out of the worlds.

When the time comes, they'll have to recollect Kingdom Hearts and restore it to it's original state. But it won't be easy.

King Mickey leads the group down a spiral staircase, to the Gummi Ship Loft. Once inside, Chip and Dale shout for Sora from the operating deck. The famous Gummi Ship ascends from within it's storage area. King Mickey wishes them a safe voyage and reveals that he will help them throughout their journey. Pluto arrives into the Gummi Ship Loft.

Donald and Goofy join the group and board the Gummi Ship.

Before the group leaves, King Mickey gives Sora something. Sora learns the Fire magic spell. The three board the Gummi Ship with Jiminy. The engine starts off and the Gummi Ship blasts into the unknown.

From the world map, it is possible to save the game and access Jiminy's Journal. Sora, Donald and Goofy see one world among the map and are excited to start their adventure. The world looks familar. The gummi ship proceeds through the Gummi Ship gateway (the Gummi Ship flight/battle sequence) and enter the world.

Radiant Garden.​

Disneyson 1

Did Pluto ever go on missions with the rest of the characters? Hmm, never noticed. And shouldn't they have created some sort of heart-cleaning machine by now?

Anyway, what's up with those princess of light and Alice (never really accepted her as a "princess")? Are more being added to the game to match the new lands?

Soo... is the villain fighting with Maleficent (shifty eyes...) a stepmother?? Anyway, how's an Atlantica world going to work without Ursula?? Then again, what's Neverland without Hook? And I LOVE villains, can't wait to see what's being done with them.

P.S., the Disney Castle's looking GREAT!!! Can't wait for more! (and if you need help, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask for it. I desperately want to be a part of anything you make!)

mharrington

So based on what we have right now, here are the current worlds:

• Destiny Islands
  • Toontown
  • Haunted Grounds
  • Disney Castle
  • Radiant Garden (Hollow Bastion)
  • Olympus Coliseum
  • Atlantica
  • Beast's Castle
  • Port Royal
  • Either Neverland or a Pinocchio-themed world (but not both)

Will there be world-specific party members like always? If so, then based on the list as of late, we would have:

• Ariel (Atlantica)
  • Beast (Beast's Castle)
  • Capt. Jack Sparrow (Port Royal)
  • Peter Pan (Neverland)

So, what's next after Disney Castle? Also, what is Haunted Grounds? Is that based on the Haunted Mansion?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Pluto had a minor part in KH2. He basicallt stuck with Kairi the whole time. Nothing major has ever been given to him in this series. He appears for one second...and then you won't see him until the game credits.

Well, the seven princesses don't serve a purpose. A select few are in the game. And I agree, Alice is NOT a princess.

For the Villain's not a stepmother...well, kinda-ish. Anyway, they'll be a huge feud, which literally tears the Villains' group. (Ya see, even in a league of darkness, chaos is created.) Of course, one of em will be killed off, like all of the Disney classics do. And Ursula might be back. The way Maleficent's group is looking she might use some of her black magic. And it's not revealed wheter Hook died in KH or not. Anyway, this group of Villains have been expanded and will be seen in a completely different way. This is the fiercest group yet. They have a major part in the turning point of the game.

Disneyson, you could lend a helping hand whenever you'd like, on whatever you'd like to do. I really don't think I should ask, rather if anyone has ideas or wants to help please post them! I'm up for anything and I'll try to work all sorts of things into the game!

All of those worlds are correct. There will be world specific characters, but one's from the existing worlds may or may not be returing. It depends. There's party members in the new worlds, too, of course. Haunted Grouns is based off of The Haunted Mansion. Only a part of the movie, mainly the attraction.

And I'm keeping you in the dark because if a video game gives all the information before it's release date, then there's no point in buying the game. ;)

Disneyson 1

Lemmie guess the part of the movie: the zombies in the graveyard? That'd make a good level. And I assume the bride is featured? And let's keep black magic to a minimum, I felt so cheated when all the villain came back in the 2nd one. But then again, you defeat Ursula in DANCE-DANCE REVOLUTION. Not a proper way for her to go out. So excited for the next part (I'm expecting at least ONE random scene of flashback/darkness/cryptic-ness at least when the Final Fantasy characters pop in! :animwink: )

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Lemmie guess the part of the movie: the zombies in the graveyard? That'd make a good level. And I assume the bride is featured? And let's keep black magic to a minimum, I felt so cheated when all the villain came back in the 2nd one. But then again, you defeat Ursula in DANCE-DANCE REVOLUTION. Not a proper way for her to go out. So excited for the next part (I'm expecting at least ONE random scene of flashback/darkness/cryptic-ness at least when the Final Fantasy characters pop in! :animwink: )
HAHA, I ACTUALLY TRIED TO FIGHT URSULA WITH MY DDR PAD. NOT GOOD.

Zombies are a must. Bride is also featured. Not the silent one, or the one without pupils, yeah, the killing one.

Most of the "original" villains will not be returning.

I'm trying to give the FF characters in Hollow Bastion a good storyline. I want each character to have a larger storyline than the previous games. It'll probably be based around the over-taking of Hollow Bastion 12 years beforehand. A lot of mystery, suspense, and cliff-hangers, even for a Disney game.

Disneyson 1

HAHA, I ACTUALLY TRIED TO FIGHT URSULA WITH MY DDR PAD. NOT GOOD.

Zombies are a must. Bride is also featured. Not the silent one, or the one without pupils, yeah, the killing one.

Most of the "original" villains will not be returning.

I'm trying to give the FF characters in Hollow Bastion a good storyline. I want each character to have a larger storyline than the previous games. It'll probably be based around the over-taking of Hollow Bastion 12 years beforehand. A lot of mystery, suspense, and cliff-hangers, even for a Disney game.

WOW. JUST... WOW.

I LOOOOOVE the bride. "Till DEATH do us part!" "And they all lived happily ever after..." Great character.

GOOD. So with all this talk of power, will Chernabog find his place in ToonTown? Just a guess, you don't have to answer...

So although I don't care... at all... about the FF characters, I'm still excited for DEVELOPED PLOT LINES YAY!

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
WOW. JUST... WOW.

I LOOOOOVE the bride. "Till DEATH do us part!" "And they all lived happily ever after..." Great character.

GOOD. So with all this talk of power, will Chernabog find his place in ToonTown? Just a guess, you don't have to answer...

So although I don't care... at all... about the FF characters, I'm still excited for DEVELOPED PLOT LINES YAY!
Well, I don't think Chernabog could come back, mainly because he was massacred at the end of KH1. He almost seems to foreboding of a boss to be in ToonTown. Perhaps some other character. I could really use some help in specifying a great Disney character, like Chernabog, to use as a guardian of the last room of the game.

mharrington

Well, I don't think Chernabog could come back, mainly because he was massacred at the end of KH1. He almost seems to foreboding of a boss to be in ToonTown. Perhaps some other character. I could really use some help in specifying a great Disney character, like Chernabog, to use as a guardian of the last room of the game.

Well, for bosses in Toontown, why not maybe have Judge Doom and/or the Toon Patrol weasels? You could have in your party Roger Rabbit or Eddie Valiant. The villains would try to attack you with dip, but both you and Eddie are impervious to it, sort of. And after you defeat this level, you could have Benny the Cab as one of those "summonable" characters.

And speaking of summonable characters, what are we having? The only logical ones I could think of, ones that have appeared previously, are Tinkerbell (of course, that depends on whether or not we do Neverland) and the Genie from "Aladdin". Hey, just because we're not going back to Agrabah in this game doesn't mean we can't have a character from there in this game, can it?

Now, for brand-new summons that appear only in this game, I thought of maybe having two Pooh characters (like how they had Peter Pan and Tinker Bell in KH2), Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. And the reason I thought of this is, I think they would make interesting characters. And while there will be no 100 Acre Woods level like you said there won't, that doesn't mean we can't have Pooh characters in the game, can it? I figured Summons would be the next best thing to a real level.

And we need a jungle level in the game. Now in KH1, that level was themed to Tarzan, and in KH2, it was The Lion King. So for KH3, how about having the jungle level be themed to The Jungle Book, which was never done before in the series at all?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, for bosses in Toontown, why not maybe have Judge Doom and/or the Toon Patrol weasels? You could have in your party Roger Rabbit or Eddie Valiant. The villains would try to attack you with dip, but both you and Eddie are impervious to it, sort of. And after you defeat this level, you could have Benny the Cab as one of those "summonable" characters.

And speaking of summonable characters, what are we having? The only logical ones I could think of, ones that have appeared previously, are Tinkerbell (of course, that depends on whether or not we do Neverland) and the Genie from "Aladdin". Hey, just because we're not going back to Agrabah in this game doesn't mean we can't have a character from there in this game, can it?

Now, for brand-new summons that appear only in this game, I thought of maybe having two Pooh characters (like how they had Peter Pan and Tinker Bell in KH2), Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. And the reason I thought of this is, I think they would make interesting characters. And while there will be no 100 Acre Woods level like you said there won't, that doesn't mean we can't have Pooh characters in the game, can it? I figured Summons would be the next best thing to a real level.

And we need a jungle level in the game. Now in KH1, that level was themed to Tarzan, and in KH2, it was The Lion King. So for KH3, how about having the jungle level be themed to The Jungle Book, which was never done before in the series at all?
All of the ToonTown ideas look really good.

There will be summons, most of them I've already planned. There's a few old summons, with original and unexpected new ones.

I kind of have a jungle theme. Jungle Book was intended for the first game, but the creators left it out, due to it's similarity between Deep Jungle. Sort of. It's more forest, than jungle, but it would serve the same purpose. And the creators stated that there had to be a Jungle world in every game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom