Just Returned-Things Are Still Great At WDW!

Jasper Dale

Original Poster
i'll be uploading lots of pictures over the next few days. we walked so much that my wife and i are pretty much zombies today, especially going from 80 degree weather to 10 degrees in a day. :lol:

i can understand some of the complaining about the current state of WDW. sure, it would be nice to be able to go to a theme park every 5 years and have the same "wow" experience you had the first time you went.

this especially struck me when we were at Hollywood Studios. i really was not all that excited about the new Toy Story attraction after experiencing it, and it was when we walked by the Little Mermaid attraction that it hit me.

yes, it's the "same old attraction". but we were both giddy going in to see it again. same thing with Beauty and the Beast. wouldn't it be awful if Disney just tore everything down every decade just so people would not gripe about "seeing the same old thing" every time they visited.

this might sound Pollyannish, but i like the fact that we can go back to the parks and "relive" experiences past. feeling the ocean hit you in the face as the Little Mermaid attraction begins. hearing the same old gags from the Muppets and still laughing out loud. seeing the familiar ghosts on the Tower and still jumping just a bit as the lightning strikes.

i truly don't know what all the critics want to happen the parks. do they want WDW to constantly tear down past rides to put up new ones. personally, i "like" going back to visit old friends. sure, a few of them are showing their age. ain't we all! :rolleyes:

to those people i really want to ask:

"are you truly going to base your vacation on whether or not your hot chocolate is 'creamy' enough for you at the Christmas party?"

:lol:

Erin_Akey

We leave for Disney Wednesday and I too get so tired of hearing all of the griping about what Disney does wrong. It is nice to see all of the responses to your OP and realize that I am not alone in thinking it is still a wonderful place to be!

I MUST ask one question though......seriously.......

Did you survive with no prime rib on the buffets??? :ROFLOL:

WDWmazprty

We leave for Disney Wednesday and I too get so tired of hearing all of the griping about what Disney does wrong. It is nice to see all of the responses to your OP and realize that I am not alone in thinking it is still a wonderful place to be!

I MUST ask one question though......seriously.......

Did you survive with no prime rib on the buffets??? :ROFLOL:
I love it!

Animaniac93-98

The Cinnabon may be on the stale side, it may have a little less icing, hell, it may even have a bite taken out of it (by some mouse perhaps), but by God it's still a Cinnabon and we still enjoy eating it!

Sorry I just really want a Cinnabon right now...:lookaroun

Jasper Dale

Original Poster
the "stale" comment was in regard to some threads lately stating the parks are "stale", which i totally disagree.

i would prefer to say that several of the parks are "maintained" to preserve the history and magic of the park.

like my great grandma used to say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

sure, there are things at WDW which could be improved upon, but dollar for dollar, it's still the best place in the world to experience a place of wonder and adventure.

i really think it all depends on your expectations. if you go into the park looking to find fault, i'm sure you will find it. however, why not go into the park looking for the good, the magic is still there if you look for it.

WDW is a national treasure.

tirian

the "stale" comment was in regard to some threads lately stating the parks are "stale", which i totally disagree.

i would prefer to say that several of the parks are "maintained" to preserve the history and magic of the park.

sure, there are things at WDW which could be improved upon, but dollar for dollar, it's still the best place in the world to experience a place of wonder and adventure.

i really think it all depends on your expectations. if you go into the park looking to find fault, i'm sure you will find it. however, why not go into the park looking for the good, the magic is still there if you look for it.

Just the same, issues do need to be addressed, and burying one's head in the sand while trying to find "magic" is not going to help. Things ARE broken and need to be fixed. (I'm not trying to be a Negative Nellie, and I'm not accusing you personally of burying your head. I'm referring to the general comments defending everything Disney does. :wave:)

That said, WDW is a national treasure, it is still the best theme park location on earth, and despite its recent problems, I still love hanging out in the parks whenever I get the chance. The magic is still there; I don't agree that it's all stale. Parts just need to be re-baked. ;)

Susan Savia

Glad your trip was enjoyable. We go annually to the parks looking to have a good time, not looking to find details that arent perfect, food thats not up to par, weather that didn't cooperate and such....:) :) :)

bbarnett

When I was a kid back when WDW first opened it was every kid’s dream to get to go there just once in their life. We would try to sell the most seeds for contest or whatever just to try to win a trip there. I think from your positive post that maybe you might of been one of those kids when you were younger and you are like I and still appreciate having the health and money to go to such a wonderful place that still instills just as much joy in me today as it did back then when I had never been there yet. Thank you for your positive post. Now I can't wait for April to get here which is our next trip.:sohappy::ROFLOL::sohappy:

Spyne

Now that's what I like to hear! I still see Walt Disney World as being that very positive energy in the light of this bad economy and what not. WDW rocks! :sohappy:

TinkRBell427

this might sound Pollyannish, but i like the fact that we can go back to the parks and "relive" experiences past. feeling the ocean hit you in the face as the Little Mermaid attraction begins. hearing the same old gags from the Muppets and still laughing out loud. seeing the familiar ghosts on the Tower and still jumping just a bit as the lightning strikes.

i truly don't know what all the critics want to happen the parks. do they want WDW to constantly tear down past rides to put up new ones. personally, i "like" going back to visit old friends. sure, a few of them are showing their age. ain't we all! :rolleyes:

So true:) I see muppets everytime and still laugh, it doesn't get old at all. For some strange reason it makes me appreciate Sam Eagle more. He's so funny. Love it!

WDW1974

Oh, you aren't the only one ... 'specially in these parts.

You can say whatever you like, but spin like that it is worthy of working PR for the Mouse. ... Unless you find wood rot, broken fixtures, walkways with chunks missing, formerly landscaped beds ripped out and full of mulch/wood chips and attractions with major effects broken to be 'maintained' ... if so, I do believe that's the same definition of the word as used by Phil, Erin, Inoverherheadmeg and Co.

And like Phil 'Magic Man' Holmes used to say ... 'If it is broke, ignore it ... it'll still be broke next year!'

That's your opinion. Many others might suggest another Disney resort ... or how's this for a novel idea ... a national park ... or another destination?

WDW is a GREAT value for me because I pay very little for an AP, always get discounted hotels and watch my food budget.

But if somone is dropping $5,000 on a magical WDW family vacation, there certainly is debate over whether there are far better values out there.

That's so trite. And it's insulting to anyone who does see fault in WDW. Or to anyone who chooses to hold WDW to the standard they conditioned fans/guests to expect.

There was a time when you didn't have to go 'looking' for the magic. It was all around you.

That much we're in agreement on.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
That's so trite. And it's insulting to anyone who does see fault in WDW. Or to anyone who chooses to hold WDW to the standard they conditioned fans/guests to expect.

There was a time when you didn't have to go 'looking' for the magic. It was all around you.
So, if someone chooses to be positive, it's trite and "insulting" to those, like you, who choose to see fault first? Have a long hard look in a mirror, if you like what you see, you're as unique and 'special' as you believe yourself to be.

rbrower

So, if someone chooses to be positive, it's trite and "insulting" to those, like you, who choose to see fault first? Have a long hard look in a mirror, if you like what you see, you're as unique and 'special' as you believe yourself to be.
I completely agree. Just because someone has a positive outlook on something doesn't mean that they are wrong or that they are insulting anyone else for that matter. I personally find it insulting when one is attacked for having a positive outlook.:shrug:

Yanks07

Oh, you aren't the only one ... 'specially in these parts.

You can say whatever you like, but spin like that it is worthy of working PR for the Mouse. ... Unless you find wood rot, broken fixtures, walkways with chunks missing, formerly landscaped beds ripped out and full of mulch/wood chips and attractions with major effects broken to be 'maintained' ... if so, I do believe that's the same definition of the word as used by Phil, Erin, Inoverherheadmeg and Co.

And like Phil 'Magic Man' Holmes used to say ... 'If it is broke, ignore it ... it'll still be broke next year!'

That's your opinion. Many others might suggest another Disney resort ... or how's this for a novel idea ... a national park ... or another destination?

WDW is a GREAT value for me because I pay very little for an AP, always get discounted hotels and watch my food budget.

But if somone is dropping $5,000 on a magical WDW family vacation, there certainly is debate over whether there are far better values out there.

That much we're in agreement on.

DebbieDownerRachaelDratch.jpg

That is all!

WDW1974

I completely agree. Just because someone has a positive outlook on something doesn't mean that they are wrong or that they are insulting anyone else for that matter. I personally find it insulting when one is attacked for having a positive outlook.:shrug:

When one suggests others who don't feel the magic as they so do are going to WDW 'looking to find fault' that is insulting.

And you and anyone with a brain should be able to see why. It casts aspersions on anyone who sees things that aren't 'right' as if there is something wrong with them for noticing.

You'll never see me enter a thread where someone is just talking about having a great time or enjoying some aspect or another and tell them they're wrong for enjoying the place.

The only reason why I even posted here was because the OP used my line about WDW being stale in his/her first line ... if WDW is great, tell us why. But if you try and bring me into a discussion, I'll bite.

At least until I get bored and fed up.
:wave:

Katybug

I'm glad you had a good time. Not many people can go on a vacation and EVERYTHING be 100% perfect...that is very rare. I enjoy Disney, it's my favorite place in the whole world. Your right though, if people go expecting bad things then they will get them. My last trip was last December and it couldn't have been more perfect. I can't wait to go back. Onlky 85 days to go! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom