Just Returned-Things Are Still Great At WDW!

tirian

HHhhmmmmm... Freudian misread on your part revealing your true feelings about WDW1974? :lookaroun

Or just a misread? :shrug:

:lol:

Or... Maybe he's a paranoid piranha? :ROFLOL:

Sorry to burst your bubble. As optimistic as I am, I also live here, and I must agree with nearly everything WDW1974 has said.

FWIW, he's not trying to rip WDW to shreds. He has a lot of inside information. He's trying to get people to talk about the issues online because Disney does monitor boards; and if enough people are disgusted at the way Disney is allowing WDW (especially the MK) to degrade, they'll do something about it.

p.s. I'm not defending him or anybody else. I know it looks like it, but I'm not. ;)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sorry to burst your bubble. As optimistic as I am, I also live here, and I must agree with nearly everything WDW1974 has said.

FWIW, he's not trying to rip WDW to shreds. He has a lot of inside information. He's trying to get people to talk about the issues online because Disney does monitor boards; and if enough people are disgusted at the way Disney is allowing WDW (especially the MK) to degrade, they'll do something about it.

p.s. I'm not defending him or anybody else. I know it looks like it, but I'm not. ;)
No bubble to burst. :lol:

I've got no beef with the information. I find the postings to be overly negative to the point of damaging his credibility. I'm all for complaining if something isn't what it should be, but by dragging Disney through the mud in a thread started by someone who started it to say the place is great he just annoys people. Disney isn't any more likely to grant him credibility than I do. By making people disgusted with him he detracts for the disgusted with Disney conversation you claim he's trying to foment

The original "paranoid" comment was in response to someone posting that there was no reason to believe a particular turn of phrase was necessarily a direct 'dig' at him. I put paranoia out there as a somewhat humorous explanation... Someone else posted that they had misread paranoia as piranha and I ran with it... :shrug:

tirian

No bubble to burst. :lol:

I've got no beef with the information. I find the postings to be overly negative to the point of damaging his credibility. I'm all for complaining if something isn't what it should be, but by dragging Disney through the mud in a thread started by someone who started it to say the place is great he just annoys people. Disney isn't any more likely to grant him credibility than I do. By making people disgusted with him he detracts for the disgusted with Disney conversation you claim he's trying to foment

The original "paranoid" comment was in response to someone posting that there was no reason to believe a particular turn of phrase was necessarily a direct 'dig' at him. I put paranoia out there as a somewhat humorous explanation... Someone else posted that they had misread paranoia as piranha and I ran with it... :shrug:

Oh. I see.

Mickey is King

I'm so glad to see that there are still a few people out there that believe in the parks. Let us all remember that some of us have been the many times. The more you go, the more you know. I live up North but have been to Disney many times with my family, it rules! How many times have you been talking to somone about something and you said "oh yeah, I saw somthing like that at Disney World 5 years ago." or " This isn't nearly as good as Disney" Let's comlain when there's REALLY something to complain about- It will be o.k. boys and girls

Jasper Dale

Original Poster
Disney World looks so much better to me now that is -2 degrees outside and it is going to get colder tonight!

for those of us who live "in the cold states", part of the joy of WDW is just to be able to walk safetly through all the parks and be.............warm.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney World looks so much better to me now that is -2 degrees outside and it is going to get colder tonight!

for those of us who live "in the cold states", part of the joy of WDW is just to be able to walk safetly through all the parks and be.............warm.
Warm is good! :lookaroun

We're currently at -2 as well... A bit further North though. :wave:

SirGoofy

wdw1974, i'm curious. if you had control over WDW, what are the first things you would do to "change things". are there certain things that stand out for you?

one of the things that DOES bother me is that the Imagineers don't seem to be creating anything new that is worth getting excited over. i was totally unimpressed with Toy Story Mania.

I'm not '74, but I agree with him on most of his points, and I'll answer this.

If I ran things I'd show these parks the respect they deserve. So many of the classic attractions are pretty much held together with bubble gum and duct tape, and it's despicable. Management knows people are going to come, so they just get buy on what they have, not caring about upgrading or fixing the parks in anyway.

I totally disagree with you on TSM, though. I think it's terrific, and so do the majority of the guests. I will agree that a lot of the newer rides are under par compared to the old classics, but I personally believe that's due to executive decisions that hand cuff WDI.

On a better note...8 more days till I'm back at WDW and sailing the Jungle Cruise!

LoriMistress

I can't wait until we read the full details of your trip. I can completely relate to you on several things. First of all, my DH and I usually go to WDW every four years. Not by choice, but financial it's what we're able to do. We can go to DLR more frequently because it's closer, but we can't go monthly or anything like that. For us, every four years we can go to WDW and stay in the parks for ten days or longer--so we can truly enjoy our vacation and take our time instead of rushing everything. Also, it allows us to not be "bored" with the parks and nitpick every single small detail. Even though I'm the huge WDW freak and at times I notice the inane things--I can still enjoy our vacation instead of being burned out.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
What amuses me is that the lengths people will go to to justify Disneys poor (IMHO of course) business decision making. Phrases like nit picking and whining as well as some half arsed attempts at personal insults are thrown out there routinely as defence tactics.

Yes, some on here are more of a fan than Ill ever be, but strangely that includes the Disney can do no wrong, and the this is a disgrace brigade I'm just a casual user, A sort of Bill smoke but not inhale type.

That said, I do think that multinationals should be questioned by the "customer base" if they are not happy at their actions. Not all complaints are nit picking and some hardly worthy of the time taking to post them, however this site provides the opportunity to do both but unless Im just lucky, no one pops round to force you to read and agree with everything thats posted.

Im sure Disney monitors a site as successful as this, just as Im sure like our glorious government agency's it will provide disinformation to muddy debate.

Things are still great at Disney, just not everything, never was never will be, but is it that wrong to try and get them to return to the days when the things that were wrong were few and far between and then promptly dealt with.

Thiger

Glad to hear it!!!

Going in a few weeks so its nice to know that Mickey isn't walking around with an 'end-is-neigh' plackard... lol

dole whips here i come!!!

Animaniac93-98

...but is it that wrong to try and get them to return to the days when the things that were wrong were few and far between and then promptly dealt with?

YES!! :mad:

Now put that mickey ice cream bar in your mouth, get down on your knees and grovel before that fiberglass castle! :fork:

and have a magical day! :p

wdwCC

Amen!! It's -2 in Minnesota and expect 5 more inches of snow tonight. :cry:

tirian

Im sure Disney monitors a site as successful as this, just as Im sure like our glorious government agency's it will provide disinformation to muddy debate.

Yes, if you noticed, some of the recent debates have brought members out of the woodwork...people who only appear when a legitimate complaint or factual rumor is posted...people who denied SSE's refurb and sponsorship, PI's closing, the MK's rolling refurbs, Beastly Kingdomme's existance, and other facts of WDW life. It's interesting and not at all coincidental.

:dazzle:

Things are still great at Disney, just not everything, never was never will be, but is it that wrong to try and get them to return to the days when the things that were wrong were few and far between and then promptly dealt with.

I sincerely believe those days will return, because enough execs are losing patience with the decline in quality. Now those same folks need to get the nerve to fire the people responsible for letting things slip.

tirian

Glad to hear it!!!

Going in a few weeks so its nice to know that Mickey isn't walking around with an 'end-is-neigh' plackard... lol

dole whips here i come!!!

No, things aren't THAT bad. I'll save a place in line for you at Aloha Isle.

WDW1974

wdw1974, i'm curious. if you had control over WDW, what are the first things you would do to "change things". are there certain things that stand out for you?

I would evaluate Disney's exec 'leadership' team and likely remove about 3/4ers of it.

I would bring in oldetimers like former WDW Prez (and later head of P&R) ________ Nunis and Jack Lindquist (former DL Prez) to bend their ears about what is being done right and what isn't.

I would very likely fire/break contracts with most outside consultants who get paid obscene amounts of money to tell Disney how to break its business under the guise of cutting fat and being lean and mean and competitive all all of the other catch phrases that don't amount to a pile of fetid cow turd sitting in the hot Florida sunshine.

I'd put the focus back on the basics immediately. Quality ... in every aspect of the operation from food quality (no cutting prime rib to all my fans out there) to attraction operation (can't keep the yeti working? if EE sits closed until its fixed you bet your a$$ you can!) to cleanliness (no dirty bathrooms or filthy monorails ... no pavement loaded with gum splotches).

All of this is very basic ... and that's what I'd do ... go back to the basics that made WDW the amazing place we all love.

It isn't that difficult and it can be done today despite what some of the management apologists will have you believe.

one of the things that DOES bother me is that the Imagineers don't seem to be creating anything new that is worth getting excited over. i was totally unimpressed with Toy Story Mania.

and yet, my wife and i really enjoyed Little Mermaid even though we had seen it half a dozen times already.....

Really? Interesting. I like TSMM a lot, but I still think it's largely lazy Imagineering. It is a new Buzz Lightyear with a 3D element. It's fun and repeatable. It is quality ... BUT ... it doesn't take anything to another level. So while I can complain about many things, the addition of this is still a plus in my book. it's just that I know Disney can do better ... the vision and motivation are lacking.

Disney should have looked at Buzz and looked at what Universal did when Men In Black and then raised the stakes even higher.

They didn't.

WDW1974

Nearly?!??!

Don't you know you must agree with everything I say? It's written in the charter of the Club of WDW1974 Haters!

You have no idea to what degree certain sites and certain threads are monitored. And I have the feeling this place might be getting some special attention this week.:wave:

WDW1974

I'm not '74, but I agree with him on most of his points, and I'll answer this.

If I ran things I'd show these parks the respect they deserve. So many of the classic attractions are pretty much held together with bubble gum and duct tape, and it's despicable. Management knows people are going to come, so they just get buy on what they have, not caring about upgrading or fixing the parks in anyway.

I totally disagree with you on TSM, though. I think it's terrific, and so do the majority of the guests. I will agree that a lot of the newer rides are under par compared to the old classics, but I personally believe that's due to executive decisions that hand cuff WDI.

On a better note...8 more days till I'm back at WDW and sailing the Jungle Cruise!

Thanks for the comments.

Have a great trip and please report back when you return!

Oh and it is showering and 72 degrees right now (about 200 miles south of WDW!) since people are complaining about great cold holiday weather!

Duckberg

2008 WDW Trips

Went to WDW twice in 2008
had a great time. Enjoyed
Flower Power @ Epcot (Yes
I know the acts are being cut
back in 2009). Will return in
the new year!

Duckberg :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom