Just Engaged: An August 2010 Trip Report!

As the title suggests, this was an especially exciting trip for us and I can’t wait to share all of the fun details. Seeing as how I am lucky enough to write one of these every few months or so, I’m going to forego the normal introductions. Instead, why don’t I share five non-Disney things you might not already know about the two of us? Let’s see... non-Disney stuff?! This might be hard!

1 – We love live music! Seriously, aside from Disney, this is what we spend money on. Some of our favorite artists we’ve seen live include David Gray, Ben Folds, Brandi Carlile, Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, KT Tunstall, She & Him, Jack Johnson, A Fine Frenzy, Counting Crows, Nickel Creek, and Jimmy Buffett to name a few.

2 – We name inanimate objects and refer to them as such... this is especially true for electronics, and oddly enough they really do take on personalities. No,seriously! For example, our laptops are Petunia (mine) and Frances (his); our Garmin’s are Neville and Navi; and my camera is more affectionately known as Ginger. Weird? Maybe just a little bit. :ROFLOL:

3 – As much as I hate to admit it, we are complete and utter TV junkies. We LOVE our TV. And if I had to pick the one show we are jointly most excited to see this fall season it would have to be Dexter. Bring on the creepy.

4 – We are totally one of those couples who met at a bar. It just so happened that we both worked there while in college. Ahhh... everyone loves a good cliché, right?! :lookaroun

5 – We have a standing tradition of buying one another a book to celebrate each holiday. And when I say holiday, I mean every holiday you can think of from St. Patrick’s Day to Christmas. Usually the only time we stray outside the lines is on birthdays. We’ve built quite an impressive collection so far ranging from popular fiction to non-fiction, children’s books to biographies and we throw in some Disney “coffee table” books and “Art of’s” for good measure every now and then. Amazon is our friend! As are the myriad of used book stores we come across in the different places we visit. We already have enough to fill our own library when we buy a house!

Of course, no introduction is complete without the requisite photo, but for the heck of it, let’s go “old school.” Here we are with the elusive Rescue Rangers in 2004:

Nov04040.jpg

We started planning this trip sometime after the Princess Half Marathon and eventually booked when the AP rates came out earlier in the summer. To be more precise, while I was in the midst of a quick weekend trip with my mom, Brett called and made the resort reservations, solidifying our stay at Caribbean Beach from August 13-August 17. And then, as per usual, we decided we would drive down after work on Thursday, so we booked a hotel through priceline for the night of the 12th.

Just the other day I realized that we haven’t repeated a resort since I began writing trip reports... so here’s a look back:
The Contemporary – September 2008
Old Key West – December 2008
Port Orleans Riverside – January 2009
Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom Lodge – July 2009
The Beach Club – December 2009
Pop Century – March 2010
Coronado Springs – June 2010

We were both incredibly excited for this trip because we felt like it was our first truly “us” trip in a long while that spanned a decent amount of time and didn’t include some kind of endurance event to focus on. :eek: Okay, so I’m not gonna lie... I went into this trip “hoping” there’d be a little something special, but not really expecting it. There was one small detail that tipped me off ahead of time. I ALWAYS maintain the reservations and type up a minimal list of our dining plans/confirmation #s and before I could do it for this trip, Brett told me he typed it up at work one day when he had some free time. Hmmmm... interesting. I started wondering if he’d made some changes to the dining. And then I started thinking, why would he have any reason to mess with our dining?! I tried to dismiss this thought though, mostly because I didn’t want to be disappointed if it turned out he wasn’t planning on proposing. Thankfully, he did! So let’s get to it…

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Hi everyone! :wave:

Okay, so I'm sure some of you are wondering what happened to my updates. Well, I was all set to post half a day, every day, until... Petunia crashed. That's right, Petunia is my laptop. And she is the keeper of the pictures! :eek: I already had all the RAW files backed up on an external drive so it's not an inconsolable loss... it's just going to take a few days before I can finish this up. Hopefully, I can get Petunia back up and running and the pictures can be salvaged; if not, I'll have to edit them again before I can continue.

Thanks for reading along, and I apologize for the delay.

Coree

Well, at least you have a good excuse to the delay, Holly. (*cough* Jenn *cough* :lookaroun ). :lol:

Congrats on the engagement--I've waited for that announcement at every trip report. (And I'm sure you did too.) :D

margot2791

Yes! Ill be down there on the College Program.
I will definitely follow your pre wedding report over on that thread. Sounds like it would be a great little keepsake for you to look back on!

WishIWasAtWDW

CONGRATULATIONS holly and brett!!! sooo exciting reading the details about the proposal! wonderful job brett! do you mind telling brett to give my boyfriend a call?! :ROFLOL:my boyfriend and i have also been together since 2004 so i can understand your excitement over finally getting that proposal! the bf and i will be in disney in december and i keep dropping hints...ok, well, pretty much telling him...that he should propose. :lol:

i am loving your report so far! great pictures as always. so sorry to hear about petunia! my biggest fear is my computer dying and losing all my pictures. good job setting up a back up. can't wait to read the rest!

mouselvrmom

Well, at least you have a good excuse to the delay, Holly. (*cough* Jenn *cough* :lookaroun ). :lol:

Hey! I am having computer problems too!!! :lookaroun:lol:

My computer is not reading my dvd burner, so I can no longer use cds, or dvds or anything. I've been trying to figure it out in a manner that is totally unsuccessful! :lol:

I hate technology! I hope Petunia gets better soon! :D

popsicletrees

HOORAY! Congratulation Holly (and Brett)! I'm so excited for you both! Brett did a great job picking out the ring. It is beautiful. Kudos to him as well for popping the question on the first day. I'm sure you both would have been on edge the entire trip if he hadn't. Ok, I'm excited for more. Love to Petunia. I hope she pulls through.

Septemberman

A Prayer for Petunia

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Petunia's Prayer[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Our Morning Prayer . . .[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Our Hard Drive [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Which art internal [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Volume C by name; [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Thy code be clean, [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Thy fonts be seen [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]On screen as they are on paper. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Give us this day our documents, [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]And lead us not into fragmentation [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]But deliver us our data. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]For thine is the SCSI, [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]And the EISA, and the NuBus, [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Forever and Ever, [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Amen. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]I sure hope this helps......I am needing my Hollybelle trip reports fix....lol :D[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Hope Petunia is feeling better soon.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Michael[/FONT]

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Congrats! :D

I'm in a long distance relationship with my gf. Haven't seen each other for like 2 years now. We both moved away from each other..:cry:

But for you, I'm happy! :)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Coming in to this thread late and stupid as usual...
...ya know I didn't even know you weren't already married...shows how much I pay attention..:rolleyes:

Congrats to you both, I think you're off to a great start, hoping for only the best in your future! :kiss:

disneygirl1

Oh no Holly! Stupid computer!!! My laptop crashed at the beginning of the year!!! I also had a total meltdown!!! Nothing like losing access to every file you need in your last semester of your MBA program!!! I was freaking!

TakeMeThere81

I’m not sure what it is about it, but I always enjoy Living with the Land, it’s so relaxing.

I have to agree! We don't miss it!

I just love this shot!! vvvvvvvv

IMG_6942.jpg

The little moments here and there that have nothing to do with rides tend to be the most memorable for me from trip to trip.

I totally and wholeheartedly have to agree with that! ^^^^

I'm just getting caught up! Happy Engagement!! :sohappy: How exciting!! I'm loving your trip report!! You take such great pictures, I love them all. I also love your 'in character' commentary about your trip. Can wait to read the rest!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Well, at least you have a good excuse to the delay, Holly. (*cough* Jenn *cough* :lookaroun ).

Congrats on the engagement--I've waited for that announcement at every trip report. (And I'm sure you did too.)

:ROFLOL:

Thanks, Coree. It was a long time coming!

Yes! Ill be down there on the College Program.
I will definitely follow your pre wedding report over on that thread. Sounds like it would be a great little keepsake for you to look back on!

The college program sounds like so much fun. I hope you enjoy it!

CONGRATULATIONS holly and brett!!! sooo exciting reading the details about the proposal! wonderful job brett! do you mind telling brett to give my boyfriend a call?! :ROFLOL:my boyfriend and i have also been together since 2004 so i can understand your excitement over finally getting that proposal! the bf and i will be in disney in december and i keep dropping hints...ok, well, pretty much telling him...that he should propose.

i am loving your report so far! great pictures as always. so sorry to hear about petunia! my biggest fear is my computer dying and losing all my pictures. good job setting up a back up. can't wait to read the rest!

Thanks, Ashley. You really do know what it's like to wait so long for that proposal... but I promise you, it'll make it all the better when he does finally propose. Now, let's see, what do you think Wes would do if he got a call from some random stranger telling him it was time to propose?! :lol:

Petuniaaaaa, how could you?

Interesting fact, my laptop has been dubbed Penelope.. because she is purple. Twinz?

I know, right? I'm going to have to have a serious talk with her once she's well. Let's hope Penelope is the better behaved twin!

HOORAY! Congratulation Holly (and Brett)! I'm so excited for you both! Brett did a great job picking out the ring. It is beautiful. Kudos to him as well for popping the question on the first day. I'm sure you both would have been on edge the entire trip if he hadn't. Ok, I'm excited for more. Love to Petunia. I hope she pulls through.

Thanks, Rachel!! I know for a fact I would've totally been on edge... and I think he knows that, too, seeing as how I'm just a tad OCD. :lol:

Congratulations on your engagement. Enjoying your Trip Report!

Thanks, BrerKev!

So very happy for you Holly....congratulations to you both!

Marriage...I highly recommend it!

Best of luck to you.

Thanks, TiggerTime. I just love your matter-of-fact statement regarding marriage!

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Petunia's Prayer[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Our Morning Prayer . . .[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Our Hard Drive [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Which art internal [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Volume C by name; [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Thy code be clean, [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Thy fonts be seen [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]On screen as they are on paper. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Give us this day our documents, [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]And lead us not into fragmentation [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]But deliver us our data. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]For thine is the SCSI, [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]And the EISA, and the NuBus, [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Forever and Ever, [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Amen. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]I sure hope this helps......I am needing my Hollybelle trip reports fix....lol [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Hope Petunia is feeling better soon.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Michael[/FONT]

Petunia thanks you, Michael! Hopefully I'll have a replacement cord by this weekend... and I'm PRAYING that'll be enough to do it!

Congrats!

I'm in a long distance relationship with my gf. Haven't seen each other for like 2 years now. We both moved away from each other..:cry:

But for you, I'm happy!

Oh dear, two whole years? That's got to be so incredibly tough. Thank you though, for the well wishes.

Coming in to this thread late and stupid as usual...
...ya know I didn't even know you weren't already married...shows how much I pay attention..:rolleyes:

Congrats to you both, I think you're off to a great start, hoping for only the best in your future! :kiss:

Don't beat yourself up too badly... the whole already married thing is a rather common assumption for us. :D

Oh no Holly! Stupid computer!!! My laptop crashed at the beginning of the year!!! I also had a total meltdown!!! Nothing like losing access to every file you need in your last semester of your MBA program!!! I was freaking!

Holy, meltdown! I would've lost it if I were in your shoes... a semester's worth of MBA work... YIKES.

I totally and wholeheartedly have to agree with that! ^^^^

I'm just getting caught up! Happy Engagement!! :sohappy: How exciting!! I'm loving your trip report!! You take such great pictures, I love them all. I also love your 'in character' commentary about your trip. Can wait to read the rest!

Thanks, Melanee! I quite enjoy the commentary myself! I'll send you a PM shortly about the Princess Half. I'm sooooooooooo excited for you!

Ariel484

Geez Holly, where's the next update? :animwink:

Thanks again for all the congrats everyone!

Well you were there too, Brett! Perhaps you and Frances can help your betrothed out and take over the updating while Petunia recovers?? :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom