Just booked Free Dining!

mypalStitch

I just got Free Dining for 9/17 - 9/23 at Wilderness Lodge!! Used code AYG! Only on the phone for 15 minutes!!
Good Luck! :sohappy:

fosse76

I used the first code and the reservation agent couldn't locate it. But she did give me another one to use so I did get the free dining. This is just an added perk for me since I was always planning to go in mid-to-late September. I only had to be on hold for three minutes.

Upvote 0

sublimesting

So just wondering if anyone knows this... I booked a reservation already, under code ZXT, which gave me 30% off my hotel (Caribbean Beach). Can I add free dining to this existing reservation (and discount)? Or will getting free dining mean I no longer get 30% off my hotel? I called Disney twice today, first girl told me I could combine, 2nd told me that the first was very mistaken and I had to choose one discount or the other. I can't officially secure the free dining until the 10th since I don't have the Disney Visa, just trying to sort some of this info out in the meantime! If I can't combine, I better start doing the math and figure out which is the better deal! Thanks all!!

Same exact thing with me. We are staying at Pop Century and had to forgo our original 30% off deal. Thus we got "free" dining for $300. It should be close if we eat $300 worth in 8 days but we'll see. I can say, though, that you should maybe call back. I was told the same thing but I was also told that as we arrive on Sept 20 we coul d NOT do free dining, until I called 3 times and got the right answer.

Upvote 0

Kimmers127

Same exact thing with me. We are staying at Pop Century and had to forgo our original 30% off deal. Thus we got "free" dining for $300. It should be close if we eat $300 worth in 8 days but we'll see. I can say, though, that you should maybe call back. I was told the same thing but I was also told that as we arrive on Sept 20 we coul d NOT do free dining, until I called 3 times and got the right answer.

Thanks... I think I will try calling a few times, because although I can see where they'd be slightly nuts to let you use both discounts, the first woman I spoke with did say I could. I also almost always have to call back a half dozen times with these discounts... I'm always amazed how much it really does matter who you get on the phone! Right now my current discount is saving me $500, the free dining plan would save me $800. Both would be awesome, but if I have to make a choice I guess I'm going with the dining! At least, as long as it goes by your first night of stay - our trip is 9/17 to 9/26.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Just as a reminder, you cant book Free Dining in conjunction with any other discount including AAA discounts. It will always be one or the other so we are going to quote the same prices you would get thru Disney or AAA. Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Thanks... I think I will try calling a few times, because although I can see where they'd be slightly nuts to let you use both discounts, the first woman I spoke with did say I could. I also almost always have to call back a half dozen times with these discounts... I'm always amazed how much it really does matter who you get on the phone! Right now my current discount is saving me $500, the free dining plan would save me $800. Both would be awesome, but if I have to make a choice I guess I'm going with the dining! At least, as long as it goes by your first night of stay - our trip is 9/17 to 9/26.

It does Kimmers. I did one like that this morning!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Lucky

I am not a Disney Visa holder, so come April 10 I just hope my travel agent can get me free dining for our room which is already booked at AKL 9/10 - 9/17. I wonder if there is a chance all the free dining will be booked up by Disney Visa holders before 4/10???:veryconfu
AKL you should have no problem.

Upvote 0

Lucky

We're booked at CSR with free dining 8/24 to Sept. 1. I'm in Egypt on business travel so my wife had to book it this year. She called at 7 AM, and was on hold for an hour.

I made all the ADRs already based on the rumored dates. See you all at Le Cellier, Yak and Yeti, Mama Melrose's, etc.

Upvote 0

partyoffour

Just as a reminder, you cant book Free Dining in conjunction with any other discount including AAA discounts. It will always be one or the other so we are going to quote the same prices you would get thru Disney or AAA. Belle

Could u explain? We go every year and get free dining with AAA?? do prices change? I have saved over 500 last time we did this has something change with AAA in 2008?

I just talked to my travel agent she is calling Disney to get me free dining. We arrive on 9/20 so i hope we still get it. last time we did but who knows.

Upvote 0

Ann Joyce

Disney Visa

I have had a reservation for some time now and when I saw the free dining offer I called this morning to get free dining. My reservation was confirmed with a normal Visa card. To be exact...Citibank Visa. Not Disney Visa. I am all set to arrive September 20th and check out Sept 26th with free dining on a normal visa card.

Upvote 0

DisneyJunkie

Well, my trip begins on the very last day of the offer period, so I'm hoping my trip adviser from Magical Journeys will be able to ensure our free dining for the week of 9/20 - 9/27.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Could u explain? We go every year and get free dining with AAA?? do prices change? I have saved over 500 last time we did this has something change with AAA in 2008?

I just talked to my travel agent she is calling Disney to get me free dining. We arrive on 9/20 so i hope we still get it. last time we did but who knows.

Sure!!!! Prices for Disney are variable depending on where you get your quote from and what discounts they can offer. AAA has a special deal with Disney for discounts for their members. However if another discount such as Free Dining is offered, the agent or person will have to see which is a better deal the Free Dining or the discount through AAA ( or any other type of discounts) as promotions cannot be combined. Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

So anyone who hasn't booked the ADR for their trip during free dining, I would strongly advised that you do so now. I was able to get all my ressie's but some were earlier than I cared for and one was a very early one at Crystal Palace and Le Cell wasn't available the entire week I was going. I'm going 9/20-9/27.

Even if you haven't booked the trip yet, but will be doing it on 4/10, do the dining ressie's now so you're not disappointed.

Upvote 0

partyoffour

I booked it myself :) 2 rooms All star movies from 9/20 to 9/28 now all i have to do is cancel with my travel agent. I saved 900!!!!! That is crazy now it will be like only paying for 1 to fly :) I love FREEEEEE DINNNNINNNNGGG:) Family of 6 needs this plan i am also a SAHM so it is nice that we can take our kids to disney on our tax return :)

Thanks for your help i would have never done it on my own. Now i know why i have always had to call AAA to tell them about this from now on i will do the booking myself

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom