just back, etiquette questions

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Them breaks is tricky!

Brakes on the other hand....

:D

And it would be option "B".

The custody and care of a child is the responsibility of the parent.

Of course, using incorrect grammar to insult someone's spelling is quite simply pathetic....

And doing something to help address that problem is outside of your realm. Yeah, we get it.

Again, utterly underwhelming......

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think it is unfair to say that the younger generation doesn't have any manners these days. If people don't have manners that is because no one taught them, and this can go back for many generations. Those of us with manners will teach it to the children in our lives and those without manners will unfortunately pass that along to the children in their lives. So those of us need to be the role models and hopefully rub off on the mannerless.

SleepingMonk

Of course, using incorrect grammar to insult someone's spelling is quite simply pathetic....

And doing something to help address that problem is outside of your realm. Yeah, we get it.

Again, utterly underwhelming......

If using the transportation provided by Disney is that unpredictable and dangerous the parent in question would surely be wise to use their own personal vehicle.

In that scenario each child has a seat with the proper safety equipment.

Problem solved.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If using the transportation provided by Disney is that unpredictable and dangerous the parent in question would surely be wise to use their own personal vehicle.

In that scenario each child has a seat with the proper safety equipment.

Problem solved.

Facts and kryptonite again.....

You seem desirous of overlooking the fact that a vast majority of people who visit WDW do so without personal transportation. But hey, don't let those minor details get in the way.....

SleepingMonk

Facts and kryptonite again.....

You seem desirous of overlooking the fact that a vast majority of people who visit WDW do so without personal transportation. But hey, don't let those minor details get in the way.....

Hertz

Avis

National

Alamo

Enterprise

Budget

sweetpee_1993

Yes I have kids, and when they were young they had enough manners not to expect an adult to stand so they could sit. If there wasn't room on the bus I held them or we waited for another bus.

See the difference there? We took responsibility and acted accordingly, we didn't wait for someone else to sort us out.

The "it's for the children" and "it takes a village" nonsense is just more PC garbage that is killing our country.

No room for your kids on the bus? Take another bus, take a taxi, take your own car.

Don't expect others to accommodate your lack of planning.

We never *expect* others to be courteous in any situation, not just the bus. That rampant sense of entitlement thing is something we do all we can to avoid our sons picking up on. There's a biiiig difference between someone expecting you to give up your seat and appreciating a kind common courtesy.

As far as the nonsense garbage that's killing our country, well, I'd have to argue with ya there. The continual diminishing in manners, kindness, and consideration for one's fellow human is what is slowly sapping the heart & soul of our country. If we all cared a little more for others and get our heads out of our self-absorbed "mememememe" butts the country as a whole would be far better off. Do I live by ideals that for the most part no longer exist in our society? You betcha! No regrets. And if you ever had a pulled muscle or suddenly felt ill or just were having a bad day and I picked up on it, I'll offer you my seat, too. :wave:

Gosh, I can't believe how big of a deal this thread has become! ha ha.

I guess to me it's not really even something I have to think about, justify, or specify age/gender/condition etc.

As a young female, this is how I was raised: I look at our trips to Disney as an opportunity to sort of "swim around" in random acts of kindness. I think today we are loosing the human bonds that connect us all and obligate us all to look out for one another. Sorry, I don't think the "it takes a village to raise a child" is crap. I think the buses at Disney are just one, little place where you can do something nice for someone; to make the other person, yourself, and everyone around you feel sort of warm to know that people still care.

We all know when we can help someone out, so let's just do it~!:)

Oh, and P.S. I would not be insulted for a man to offer me his seat. Would I take it? Maybe, maybe not, but it would be flattering to know that sort of chivalry and character still exists for people.

Yep! Agreed 100%. I'm as able-bodied as anyone but if a man offered me a seat I wouldn't be so vain as to wonder what he felt was wrong with me that he offered. I appreciate the kindness & decide if I felt like sitting.

1 - I think these people were very rude. Disney is a crowded place. One can not take a comfortable seat in the back and expect all the space in front to remain empty.

2 - I do not give up my seat for children.
Except for very small children, who are carried. Or when children run the risk of being 'trampled' in a too crowded bus, or when they can't hold themselves on to something. Otherwise - nope, children are quite sturdy. If they are too tired to stand, they should've been at home already.

On a slightly related issue, if I'm standing front row, any small children that wouldn't block my view can stand in front of me.

Children can be quite sturdy but not necessarily so if an adult that out-weighs them by 3- or 4- times who is not as sturdy stumbles into them or falls on them. :animwink:

captainkidd

Hertz

Avis

National

Alamo

Enterprise

Budget

I see you live in Florida. Some that go to Disney are on a budget and maybe don't have the extra cash for a rental car. I know for a van for 1 week, the cost can be close to $1,000.

But that's probably the parent's fault too for not planning ahead and having a higher paying job.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Hertz

Avis

National

Alamo

Enterprise

Budget

Magical Express

Monorails

Boats

Buses

Here's a little tidbit for you: WDW actually prefers their guests to use the transportation provided...

But since you're so keen on personal cars and accountability, why not stick to a rental and leave the buses to others?

sweetpee_1993

I see you live in Florida. Some that go to Disney are on a budget and maybe don't have the extra cash for a rental car. I know for a van for 1 week, the cost can be close to $1,000.

But that's probably the parent's fault too for not planning ahead and having a higher paying job.

You will never change or impress upon the mind of someone so set in their way of thinking. Just appreciate the yin-yang of the ideals for what it is. :cool:

SleepingMonk

Magical Express

Monorails

Boats

Buses

Here's a little tidbit for you: WDW actually prefers their guests to use the transportation provided...

But since you're so keen on personal cars and accountability, why not stick to a rental and leave the buses to others?

We only travel by limo.

It helps us avoid the unwashed masses.

:D

See that....it was yet another joke!

rsoxguy

Just in case anyone wonders how they work before one is used here...
images

Evil Genius

I'll just say this...the level of shmuck exhibited by some in threads of this ilk really make me sad of the state our society is in.

As someone said...it's not "expected"...it's just common courtesy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom