Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

JoeCamel

How did you ride it alone?
I know people....
2019-01-23 15.36.52.jpg

TwilightZone

The number of coasters in any of the parks doesn't matter, neither does the choice of coasters. I do like the coasters with more theming.
Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and even the Seven Dwarfs are all enjoyed. The new Harry Potter coaster is a ride I can see me riding a lot, just as much as I enjoy The Mummy. The Jurassic Park coaster is not going to be like those. It is going to be a large coaster with 175 foot drop. It is pretty hard to overly theme that kind of a ride. It doesn't make it any less attractive to a lot of people. Variety my friends, embrace it.
I'm expecting the theme to be "trees" on Jurassic Park. But who knows, we could all be pleasantly surprised by it!

JoeCamel

I'm expecting the theme to be "trees" on Jurassic Park. But who knows, we could all be pleasantly surprised by it!
The plantings in the area are some of the best found anywhere. Many are being removed and relocated. I expect to see them restored to bring back the ever flowering jungle feeling that is there now (well till a couple of weeks ago.) Don't make me post pics of the plants in the area, I have thousands :geek:

ToTBellHop

The budgets for this and the Guardians coaster are huge. I don’t know where it’s going.

Skunk works?
It is astonishing that they spent $100 million on Everest in 2006 but are spending roughly triple that on each of these rides. I think they will be fun and all, but they don't have the scale or scope of Everest. Would Everest cost $400 million to build in 2019?

Similarly, I actually think Toy Story Land looks "fine" but I can't find anything in the land (especially since Midway Mania was already there) that explains its cost. And it's not as though it's a $20 million dollar overspend or something. They spent like $150 million more on that land than I could actually imagine it costing (with no trenches and no inside dining or shopping).

I guess research trips to Xandar and the Grid are really expensive?

jaxonp

It is astonishing that they spent $100 million on Everest in 2006 but are spending roughly triple that on each of these rides. I think they will be fun and all, but they don't have the scale or scope of Everest. Would Everest cost $400 million to build in 2019?

Similarly, I actually think Toy Story Land looks "fine" but I can't find anything in the land (especially since Midway Mania was already there) that explains its cost. And it's not as though it's a $20 million dollar overspend or something. They spent like $150 million more on that land than I could actually imagine it costing (with no trenches and no inside dining or shopping).

I guess research trips to Xandar and the Grid are really expensive?

I bet there’s someone taking some kickbacks or funneling money out of these projects, just like any big organization or government project. Embezzlement at Disney?????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom